Saw the new TRD on the road

Adrian

Hi,

Just go back from the snow and I though I would mention that I saw a new black Aurion on the road, number plate "TRD-001" looked cool, think it had 19" mags when getting a close look the first time.

Saw it twice:-

First getting loaded onto an NRMA truck at "Adamimity" Ampol servo (not 100% sure on the spelling there) then 1/2 an hour later just east of the Mt Selwyn turn off. Just after seeing it the 2nd time there was a bunch of people on the side of the road with a big movie camera on a tripod and lighting etc while they were controlling traffic. My thought is they may have been making an add ?

Most of them had a bit of a geek at my car as I was driving past, that's why I though they may have been filming the TRD Aurion.

Would have been a good time to film, every thing was pure white as far as you could see, except for the road & the Aurion (TRD).

Adrian

Yeah,

Didn't really take too much notice till it drove away on the back of the truck. The rear plastic is different with square intergrated exhausts + the number plate.

• 3 months later...
Well ofcourse they're gunna use that number lol...

They should be back on the road soon... All getting fixed now...

went to see the trd for real at the dealership near heidelberg and was impressed with the wheels and colour. the interior didnt impress me at all. i liked the back diffuser design however when i focused on the exhaust tips, i saw the actual exhaust tip inside which was like a 2 inch tip and was disgustn for a car like that. not so good for a car that costs that price.

One thing with the exhaust is when you sitting in the back seat of a TRD and somone is flooring it there is a very nice sound to it.. Like the air is being sucked out of the car.

Take one for a drive.. wind down the windows and go through a tunnel or into a underground carpark. It gets attention i tell you that much..

Ill think ill wait for this AWD TRD that buri has been talking about :P :rolleyes:

One thing with the exhaust is when you sitting in the back seat of a TRD and somone is flooring it there is a very nice sound to it.. Like the air is being sucked out of the car.

Take one for a drive.. wind down the windows and go through a tunnel or into a underground carpark. It gets attention i tell you that much..

Ill think ill wait for this AWD TRD that buri has been talking about :P :rolleyes:

Haha, as if that would ever happen. A car just isn't produced and then made into AWD...haha buri and his stories....