Brake upgrade

Suprathai

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RDA uses recylced metals to make the rotors ... they are a knock off of DBA desgined to trick people thinking they are the same

DBA is the best ones for quality and life . i hope slotted ones fit on mine because my brakes get a bashing form teaching

RDA uses recylced metals to make the rotors ... they are a knock off of DBA desgined to trick people thinking they are the same

DBA is the best ones for quality and life . i hope slotted ones fit on mine because my brakes get a bashing form teaching

yeah they will fit easily!!!

we got a few ordered in at work. for 1zz-fe

RDA uses recylced metals to make the rotors ...

You are aware that it doesn't matter if the iron is recycled or not. What matters is how much of the impurities are removed. You will also find that DBA/AP/Brembo all use recycled metal as there isn't an endless supply of virgin iron.

Dugong: Don't worry about CORZZA, the blue looks good! Damn expensive though, are you just buying the calipers or is it a kit?

Edited by SuperDave

RDA uses recylced metals to make the rotors ...

You are aware that it doesn't matter if the iron is recycled or not. What matters is how much of the impurities are removed. You will also find that DBA/AP/Brembo all use recycled metal as there isn't an endless supply of virgin iron.

Dugong: Don't worry about CORZZA, the blue looks good! Damn expensive though, are you just buying the calipers or is it a kit?

RED!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!!

When do you expect it to arrive?? and the all important question of how much it will cost approx delivered?

I'm thinking of custom caliper brackets at the moment with skyline r33 4 pots, but that means upgrading to a larger rotor (WRX STI)

Cool!!

When do you expect it to arrive?? and the all important question of how much it will cost approx delivered?

I'm thinking of custom caliper brackets at the moment with skyline r33 4 pots, but that means upgrading to a larger rotor (WRX STI)

mate after a bit of research i think ur best bet (given price / availability of parts etc) is to get r33 GTST calipers n rotors or r32 GTR calipers n rotors ..... rotors r 296mm and we think the calipers will be fine to sit under 16's .......... hopefully my setup arrives soon and ill take a pic 4 u ;)

I can supply the Project Mu kits if you're serious.

Bill, You'll have wheel fitment issues using a skyline disc, the hat height is too shallow so with the 4 pot caliper fitted you need a lot more caliper clearance on the wheel. A BA Falcon disc is a better choice as it will give you 15mm more wheel clearance from the face. You still have to get a locating ring machined up and the stud pattern redrilled. See if you can source a "blank" disc as the redrill from 5x114.3 to 4x100 isn't that pretty. When redrilling from 5x100 to 4x100 it's OK as one of the holes is shared.

16's are a VERY tight fit running a 4 pot and ~300mm disc. So tight you can't run the standard wheel balancing weights on the inside of the rim.

This is a 302mm disc with a more affordable radial mount 4-piston caliper we've done recently. We can supply this kit too for both the ZZE122 and ZZE123's.

brakes1.jpg

brakes2.jpg

Edited by rollamods

Cool!!

mate after a bit of research i think ur best bet (given price / availability of parts etc) is to get r33 GTST calipers n rotors or r32 GTR calipers n rotors ..... rotors r 296mm and we think the calipers will be fine to sit under 16's .......... hopefully my setup arrives soon and ill take a pic 4 u ;)

Pics would be great!! Looking forward to hearing it soon........I was so excited and later disappointed with the FTO calipers......bloody 2mm and it doesn't fit!! :angry:

I can supply the Project Mu kits if you're serious.

Bill, You'll have wheel fitment issues using a skyline disc, the hat height is too shallow so with the 4 pot caliper fitted you need a lot more caliper clearance on the wheel. A BA Falcon disc is a better choice as it will give you 15mm more wheel clearance from the face. You still have to get a locating ring machined up and the stud pattern redrilled. See if you can source a "blank" disc as the redrill from 5x114.3 to 4x100 isn't that pretty. When redrilling from 5x100 to 4x100 it's OK as one of the holes is shared.

16's are a VERY tight fit running a 4 pot and ~300mm disc. So tight you can't run the standard wheel balancing weights on the inside of the rim.

This is a 302mm disc with a more affordable radial mount 4-piston caliper we've done recently. We can supply this kit too for both the ZZE122 and ZZE123's.

thx jase ...... its a good thing that i didnt end up going with the skyline setup then .... but i do have a spare set of dead skyline rotors that we were tinkering with .... lol .... they make for great paper weights ......

i ended up with 295mm rotors with 4 pot calipers which "apparently" will fit under the 16's ...... ah well will find out when it all arrives and let u knw how it goes

Which calipers were used in this set up? and is there a rear upgrade also?

use some better pads and a slotted disc on the rear. They don't do much as far as stopping the car compared to the front. The stock master cylinder works fine with these 4-pots.

If you have to upgrade them, you need to find a disc that can accept the handbrake drum and then fabricate a caliper bracket to match whatever caliper matches the disc you're using.

You could use a two piston caliper from a skyline, WRX etc. The caliper is the easy part, the disc is the difficult piece when you want to retain the handbrake.

Are there any issues getting brakes-upgrades through engineering? Coz, in case of an accident, the insurance company may crucify you if you don't have an engineers certicate.

brakes all sorted ..... now off to get them engineered ..... and correct regarding the certificate and insurance ...... i dont think ill have any issues getting these engineered.

newbrakes1xm7.jpg

more pics here http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=195118

Are there any issues getting brakes-upgrades through engineering? Coz, in case of an accident, the insurance company may crucify you if you don't have an engineers certicate.

brakes all sorted ..... now off to get them engineered ..... and correct regarding the certificate and insurance ...... i dont think ill have any issues getting these engineered.

newbrakes1xm7.jpg

Nice upgarde Bill. My mate upgraded his suzuki swift gti brakes to honda prelude brakes. When he braked hard the car would go up on the front 2 wheels. hahahah. Wonder if you will get the same??

newbrakes1xm7.jpg

Nice work dude. :toast: