Power FC and Stock ECU

I just ordered the Power FC, estimated arrival time is in 2 weeks.

Anyone recommend a place where I can get it installed and tuned??

Additionally after some reading there are problems with the Radiator fan not kicking in due to the fact that the there is no way for the Power FC to send the appropriate signal to the temp gauge on the instrument cluster.

Also I have a factory fitted alarm and immobiliser. Would the PFC be able to work with them?? Would it be better to get the PFC to run the engine only and leave the stock ECU to control everything else??

Just trying to get more info before heading off to the tuner.

Cheers

what year is your car?

I'm in the middle of an installation guide for pfc to runx so it isn't much more work to add the SA sportivo to the guide at the same time.

2003 early build sportivo

Only thing I have right now is a CES CAI....not a fan of noisy aftermarket exhausts, but I suppose I'll need to source one real soon to get everything sorted out with the tuning.

Thats great news rolla, keep us informed of your guide.

what year is your car?

I'm in the middle of an installation guide for pfc to runx so it isn't much more work to add the SA sportivo to the guide at the same time.

=)

Edited by highlift

I think he does mean idle hunt actually, as it's not easy to get rid of if your ECU's AC and ELS inputs aren't correct.

yep i do mean idle hunting ...... well jase if u sort something out i would b great full ..... the only way we've managed to get rid of it .... and its only temporary as it keeps comin back is to pull the throttle body out and clean/grease up the butterfly so it moves more freely ...... but like i said .... last like 3-4 weeks then comes back again ..... no idea ..... and this is when the AC is off so not to do with the AC ......

excellent ..... we are going to have more hunting 2zz's on the road :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hunting lures the prey into a false sense of security :ph34r:

hahahahaha yes dave however u also look like a f@#K wit in a corolla with an exhaust that 2 big for it trying 2 run ppl off the lights ..... lol ...... ah ive worked out a way 2 stop it quickly though ..... simply turn the steering wheel as it applies some load and that seems to balance out the revs and it stops doing it ........

• 2 weeks later...
what year is your car?

Any update on the installation guide?

Have got the excel file done, haven't got around to writing the word document to go with it.

Requires custom wiring to the AC amplifier to get the AC signal inputs working on the PFC correctly, but with all my mods the idle is perfect regardless of AC, electrical or power steering load. No hunting at all.

If you don't want to splice into the AC amplifier loom, you can source a celica body ecu and wire that in too (not too hard). There's usually 1 or 2 Celica body ECUs on the Japanese Yahoo auctions. More wiring, but it also gives you an easy source of the multiplex signal to get the temp guage working.

Fields loom is the neatest way to install one with the required mods in my opinion. I'll shoot you a link to the Excel once I upload it somewhere.

I haven't been looking at the moment lately.

Give Xoom a PM cause I think his tuner is quite good from the sounds of it.

I recently hit my bent my stock exhaust system while reversing into a parking space.......I think its bent just before the cat, and its hitting the brace that is underneath the car. I removed the brace already but not very happy without it there.

I'll be looking at doing a whole exhaust system upgrade first. Still need to get the headers off to get it ported first though.

I haven't been looking at the moment lately.

Give Xoom a PM cause I think his tuner is quite good from the sounds of it.

I recently hit my bent my stock exhaust system while reversing into a parking space.......I think its bent just before the cat, and its hitting the brace that is underneath the car. I removed the brace already but not very happy without it there.

I'll be looking at doing a whole exhaust system upgrade first. Still need to get the headers off to get it ported first though.

If you are getting the headers ported please let me know. Might be cheaper if we do it together.

No probs.........will be looking prolly during the weekend. Hope to get the headers off on monday!!

Armed with new tools and chasis stands....and arms that are not sore from washing,polishing and waxing last weekend.

And it bloody rained!! always happen after a major wash... :angry:

• 10 years later...