Coloured Window Tint

DrivInGScHool

Has anyone got coloured window tint on there car ? if yes where and how much i saw a red echo today with a slight red tint in the windows ...

or if people have gone for DARK black tint or natural tint (which is desgined for black cars)

Has anyone got coloured window tint on there car ? if yes where and how much i saw a red echo today with a slight red tint in the windows ...

or if people have gone for DARK black tint or natural tint (which is desgined for black cars)

coloured window tint in illegal right????? my opinion is u can't beat a dark tint on any car....(mine's at 20% but u can get heaps darker) my flat mate's got 10% on her swift.....

coloured tinting illegal. but the normal window tinting is legal (up to 15%, if im not mistaken)

i thought "legal tint" was 35%....(which is basically no tint at all haha).... there's a green mirage getting around on the coast with green tint.......looks too much but......i don't think the coloured tint is must more than normal tint maybe $300

35% is leagel darkest in Victoria i think . And Mirror tint is not roadworthy as it reflects more than 10%

But BMW i have seen heaps with a Blue window tint so must be legal as long as you can still see through it up to 70%

Edited by DrivInGScHool

darkest legal in qld is 35%. Factory tint is 6%. So if you put darkest legal tint of 35% + the factory tint = 29% tint and thus illegal. But saying that no one will book you for it. T-18/20 = ambulance tint. Illegal! and you'll need to drive with your windows down at night but looks the best. You can get 5% tint but dont bother driving at night!

all coloured tints are illegal unfortunately

Where did you find that out ? because i checked with a guy i know at Vicroads all road rules state is that 35% tint .. not front window in drivers veiw and not more than 10% refelctive. nothing about colours

Vicroads

NSW laws the same talks about light transmission not colour

QLD Same as Vic and NSW

SA doesn't list about tinting

Edited by DrivInGScHool

u can buy the coloured tint at autobarn i noticed over the weekend for like $50...... so if you want the coloured tint go for it. In my opinion if you get booked for having 2 dark a tint or coloured tint then the police don't have to much too do hey......

By the way i got pulled ova by the police on saturday nite and no mention of my tint being too dark or anything hahaha

Theres a business near my area that does colour tinting, although i didnt use it myself because he didnt have red. He operates with a ABN and provides Warranty. Got my tint done for $220. A colour tint might cost extra. If you want details, just PM and ill go find his details.

COlour tinting should be illegal, i remember calling vicroad 6 months ago when i wanna try colour tint myself, they say its illegal. Best way, call and ask. or JUST DO IT, when accident, tear off everything b4 police arrive.

All states have Road Vehicle standards which is what police go on for roadworthy and RTA/vicroads . NOTHING in any states says colour is not permited .. This is the legal reference .. only darkness 35%( light transmission reduced) and reflective not more than 10%

BMW does have Blue tint in the glass on factory cars ... does this mean all BMW are unroadworthy ?

Edited by DrivInGScHool

Except most of the colour films that i see are reflective like a biatch which are the ones i'm referring to. Pretty much a mirror. I always see this person with green one which you pretty much cant see the inside because all you see is yourself. As a matter of fact i havent really seen any coloured one that isnt reflective :s . They all look cool but definitely past the 10% rule.

Edited by Un4given