clutch?!?

hi all

just some questions regarding clutches ...

im needing a new clutch and every body seems pretty happy witht he normal exedy HD clutch.

but i have been advised from a mate who use to own a relativley modified stivo, to get the cushioned button clutch rather than the HD clutch

i just wan to know has any one tried this clutch ??

aparently its a cross between a normal HD clutch and a button .. where the disengagement of the clutch is not instantaneous like a button clutch yet it has bite like a button clutch if that makes sence ?!?!

ANY insite on this is appreciated

cheers

jonno

sorry plz move to correct thread

Edited by oncy

hi all

just some questions regarding clutches ...

im needing a new clutch and every body seems pretty happy witht he normal exedy HD clutch.

but i have been advised from a mate who use to own a relativley modified stivo, to get the cushioned button clutch rather than the HD clutch

i just wan to know has any one tried this clutch ??

aparently its a cross between a normal HD clutch and a button .. where the disengagement of the clutch is not instantaneous like a button clutch yet it has bite like a button clutch if that makes sence ?!?!

ANY insite on this is appreciated

cheers

jonno

sorry plz move to correct thread

I reckon not to use the button clutch, as long as the stivo gearbox is not strong enough. HD is enough for road and mountain use. besides, I blew my gearbox twice becasue of the button clutch. Alternatively, you may try the oganic clutch.

the cushioning on the button clutch doesn't do much to make it more driveable. it still bites like a button and doesn't like to be slipped.

If you have to get a button, make sure it's at least a 6-puck. The 4 pucks aren't that nice on the street in a FWD car. The button discs also wear faster than the full face discs.

a HD cover with organic plate is more than enough for a NA sportivo, they're not exactly a torque monster.

Edited by rollamods

the cushioning on the button clutch doesn't do much to make it more driveable. it still bites like a button and doesn't like to be slipped.

If you have to get a button, make sure it's at least a 6-puck. The 4 pucks aren't that nice on the street in a FWD car. The button discs also wear faster than the full face discs.

a HD cover with organic plate is more than enough for a NA sportivo, they're not exactly a torque monster.

haha, opposed to the 1ZZ :lol:

haha, opposed to the 1ZZ :lol:

what are you smoken micky and where can i get some :yahoo: