2zzge conversion

Hate to say it but you are wrong there too.

The weight balance of the ZZW30 with a 3S-GTE would be all wrong and provide very little mid corner stability and feel, and isn't enjoying corners what driving an MR2 is all about? At it stands they have a 45/55 weight balance and you want o put more weight in the rear?

It may have mumbo down the straight but what's the point if you can't get the nose turned in at the end?

Look at the lotus for the perfect solution ;)

Hate to say it but you are wrong there too.

The weight balance of the ZZW30 with a 3S-GTE would be all wrong and provide very little mid corner stability and feel, and isn't enjoying corners what driving an MR2 is all about? At it stands they have a 45/55 weight balance and you want o put more weight in the rear?

It may have mumbo down the straight but what's the point if you can't get the nose turned in at the end?

Look at the lotus for the perfect solution ;)

"Wrong"?

Damn straight throw more weight in the rear...providing you have an LSD box in there as well, if the 100 odd kg weight offset of the 3s setup upsets you that much, throw a lead brick in the front of the car...personally the increased tendency to understeer on the way in and oversteer on the way out wouldn't bother me as much as wasting time with a 2zz - I would sooner turbo the standard 1zz (yes, cheaper).

Besides, the choice here isn't necessarily about which is quicker around a track, but for most it is 'what is more fun to drive' - and most people would take more power/standard durability over slightly less responsive handling. Not everyone wants to be a track day hero mate.

As to the OP, if you got a 2zz lying around and want to throw it into something for a cheap option with minimal hassle with some fun, an AE rolla would be way to go.

I have seen just how a 3S-GTE AW-11 handles and it's not pretty.

I fear it is you who is mistaken... ;)

Understeer into the corner is certainly not the issue, the complete opposite in fact. Swapping ends under braking, no mid corner stability and even a tendency to swap ends on hard acceleration are the main issues, particularly in the wet, which, as to your argument, I'm sure the everyday commuter would dread from a daily driver. It's fine in a fatter and heavier SW-20 chassis (to a point) but in the more nimble AW anmd ZZW it just doesn't have the right feel.

2ZZ in a stripped-out roll-caged ZZE12#

:toast:

still too heavy, has the wrong weight proportions and drives from the wrong wheels...

if you got a 2zz lying around and want to throw it into something for a cheap option with minimal hassle with some fun

Matter of fact I have all these things lyring around

:yahoo: