CES Headers

Hi peeps, as Im aware there is a lack of aftermarket headers for our cars. Im looking at the CES headers and can I please have feedback from the owners, eg. what type of gains they have had etc. I do not want to fork out big $$$ for the TRD, so the CES are looking to be the most promising atm. I know they are the stock headers but just ported and HPC coated.

As I need my car, I find it hard to be able to send my stock headers up and wait for the CES headers. Does anyone have a second hand set they are willing to sell??? If not I will give CES a call and see what they can do.

Hi peeps, as Im aware there is a lack of aftermarket headers for our cars. Im looking at the CES headers and can I please have feedback from the owners, eg. what type of gains they have had etc. I do not want to fork out big $$$ for the TRD, so the CES are looking to be the most promising atm. I know they are the stock headers but just ported and HPC coated.

As I need my car, I find it hard to be able to send my stock headers up and wait for the CES headers. Does anyone have a second hand set they are willing to sell??? If not I will give CES a call and see what they can do.

Have you ever consider C-one headers?

Have you ever consider C-one headers?

he doesnt want to fork out big $$ and C-One are probably more expensive than TRD

I guess this will be my next mod to complete I/E/H and I will be happy. I was playing around with idea of a piggyback or standalone ecu but the gains didnt justify the cost for me. I have read that good headers are the most important part for a N/A engine to perform.

Does anyone have a picture of the CES headers ported. I want to see the differnece compared to stock.

Edited by JAZE55

Give CES a call as I know they have a few sets sitting there. So you may be able to get them to send you a set with a security deposit then you fit them and send your set back and they refund you the deposit?

Give them a call cause that's the only way to know for sure.

As for gains the low to mid range is very very noticable. You can short shift easily and still accelerate with the touch of the throttle when at lower rpm in a taller gear. I could literally drive around town and not go over 3000rpm all day short shifting.

As for flexibility those in Brissy who know MT Cootha the difference with CES over stock headers was that I could go from the botanical gardens up the mountain past the restaurant to channel 9(wife used to work there) in 6th gear. When I got to the round a bout my speed dropped to just under 40 and then I accelerated back up to 60 going up the hill and never had to change down. I lost that jerky low speed shudder that the car gets when you are at low speed in a taller gear and the car will actually speed up not just make noise through the CAI.

Combine a set of headers with a CAI and a good cat back system and it's how a Sportivo should go from factory....

Give CES a call as I know they have a few sets sitting there. So you may be able to get them to send you a set with a security deposit then you fit them and send your set back and they refund you the deposit?

Give them a call cause that's the only way to know for sure.

As for gains the low to mid range is very very noticable. You can short shift easily and still accelerate with the touch of the throttle when at lower rpm in a taller gear. I could literally drive around town and not go over 3000rpm all day short shifting.

As for flexibility those in Brissy who know MT Cootha the difference with CES over stock headers was that I could go from the botanical gardens up the mountain past the restaurant to channel 9(wife used to work there) in 6th gear. When I got to the round a bout my speed dropped to just under 40 and then I accelerated back up to 60 going up the hill and never had to change down. I lost that jerky low speed shudder that the car gets when you are at low speed in a taller gear and the car will actually speed up not just make noise through the CAI.

Combine a set of headers with a CAI and a good cat back system and it's how a Sportivo should go from factory....

Exactly what i wanted to hear. I will be giving trevor a call in regards to this

CES headers are basically change over stock sportivo unit, port and polished with HPC as an option.

HASN'T THIS BEEN COVERED BEFORE?

yes this has been covred but i was asking opinions of people who actually have these on their car

I dont have a set, but I spent many hours behind the whell of SILVABULLIT's car on the Sydney trip a few months ago, and considering we both have the same intake and exhaust, the only other difference was he has the CES headers and also has the midrange pickup I didnt have....

CES headers are basically change over stock sportivo unit, port and polished with HPC as an option.

yes this has been covred but i was asking opinions of people who actually have these on their car

dont worry he is a moron and only pops their stupid head in trying to cause troubble.

Does anyone have a picture of the CES headers ported. I want to see the differnece compared to stock.

Pictures you say... i just happen to have my new headers (Thunder extractors bought from pippy) ported last week by CES.

The comparison below (stock vs thunder) is obviously not the most ideal but it gives you a good idea on what to expect ;)

Stock

stock1qm0.jpg

stock2sf9.jpg

Thunder extractors ported by ces

thunder1df0.jpg

thunder2cx6.jpg

thunder3lc7.jpg

Needless to say the gains are orgasmic :P

Edited by DHC09

another option is the weapon r race headers, used by many sillycar owners in the US, apparently good and bad feedback on them so not sure if its really worthwhile but sumthing to look at i guess

also cheaper than the trd and c1 too i believe, oh yeah and requires the removal of the cat too i think :ph34r:

dont worry he is a moron and only pops their stupid head in trying to cause troubble.

I still swear to *** he's Lucio lol

Jaze they're the best set you can get for our cars from what I've seen. Like Northy stated, they seem to actually 'flow' a lot better than the TRD ones.

another option is the weapon r race headers, used by many sillycar owners in the US, apparently good and bad feedback on them so not sure if its really worthwhile but sumthing to look at i guess

also cheaper than the trd and c1 too i believe, oh yeah and requires the removal of the cat too i think :ph34r:

I wouldn't touch the Weapon R race header. There are no independant dyno's of it. Check out the PPE header they have just finished designing on newcelica. But I would wait till they can test it on a car with a higher redline. The good thing is you have the option of using your cat still.

I supppose the TRD headers might show its true colours once you start cracking open the head of the 2zz??

With the 2zzge already out for so long, the factory header ported and coated is the way to go. The manifold is quite good.

Well if thats the case ill pull the headers off measure the ports on the head with some verniers and then port it with a die grinder and go without the hpc coating and save $500 . Is that the go or will they not be as good as the ones CES has ??

it's best to match port your headers to your own exhaust ports, there's always slight variations in the port castings etc, so doing an exact match port on your own headers will give best results. To port it properly you will need to make a template of your head ports and transfer this to the header. I use a sheet of paper with the exhaust studs punched out on it, when laid up on the exhaust ports you can run your finger round the ports on the paper and you will have a perfect impression on the paper of the port shape/size. Cut the port shapes out from the paper, then use the template to port the headers. Porting doesn't take long at all with a decent carbide burr. If you MUST have the headers ceramic coated, competition coatings can do it for a decent price in Brisbane.

Make sure you also clean up inside the collector, they're a bit rough from factory.

Edited by rollamods

it's best to match port your headers to your own exhaust ports, there's always slight variations in the port castings etc, so doing an exact match port on your own headers will give best results. To port it properly you will need to make a template of your head ports and transfer this to the header. I use a sheet of paper with the exhaust studs punched out on it, when laid up on the exhaust ports you can run your finger round the ports on the paper and you will have a perfect impression on the paper of the port shape/size. Cut the port shapes out from the paper, then use the template to port the headers. Porting doesn't take long at all with a decent carbide burr. If you MUST have the headers ceramic coated, competition coatings can do it for a decent price in Brisbane.

Make sure you also clean up inside the collector, they're a bit rough from factory.

Collectors are pretty rough for sure!!! Competition coatings is who does all the coatings for CES now that HPC at Brendale has closed down. If you have done porting before then it's a relatively straight forward thing to do but if you haven't then leave it to the professionals as it's very easy indeed to make a mess of it or at worse do yourself an injury. Plus if you don't have the cutting tips needed or a die grinder then you will prolly need to spend a couple of hundred to buy everything anyway....

TRD headers were basically designed to work as a package with their 2L stroker kits hence why the primary pipes are slightly larger in diameter. The design of the TRD headers is the same as the stock ones anyway.

????WTF

I still swear to *** he's Lucio lol

Jaze they're the best set you can get for our cars from what I've seen. Like Northy stated, they seem to actually 'flow' a lot better than the TRD ones.