07 'rolla - any issues ??

Hi all.

Will soon be getting rid of a worthless competitors car (won't mention brand till it's gone)

So tired of this current ----box with worthless warranty :angry: .

Will be getting a new '07 'rolla sedan auto acent :yahoo: .

Really want to know what (if any) problems I could expect.

Also, does anyone have pics of the doors/floor/boot minus trim ?

Oh, yes, ok, I know, auto, flame away :rolleyes:

Thanks all........

Actually, that's the exact car my family has.

It's a ZRE152R Toyota Ascent auto in Shimmer optionned with the $750 enhanced safety pack and parking sensors.

I don't have any pics right now and I don't think anyone will be willing to rip away trim to see the metal on the doors/floor/boot.

What problems to expect?

Well, it's a bit early, but there's no real problems to really say.

There are a few things that the car could be improved upon though.

For example, the accelerator is not sensitive enough, even though it has an electronic throttle. The Camry V6 is much better in this regard. This also goes for the brake pedal. The brakes don't start gripping until a deeper point, while the Camry starts stopping the car as soon as the pedal is lightly depressed.

Overall, it's a fine car. I don't think there will be many problems in the near future, considering it is Toyota's most successful car with a reputation to live up to.

I'll see if I can get some general pics sometime in the near future.

P.S. I suggest to any Ascent buyer to option the $750 enhanced safety pack. Another 5 airbags and a 5 star EuroNCAP is worth it. You never know when you might get into a nasty accident, and $750 is a pretty good deal.

Hey hi there. I am thinking of buying a car soon and am currently deciding between a few cars and one of the cars i'm considering is the 07 corolla manual acent. I used to drive the 02 corolla auto 1.5LX and i really love driving the corolla. The only thing now is that i am thinking is whether i want to give other cars a chance. :yahoo:

Ta for the replies.

Photos; I'm not after 'general' pics, already been for several drives so I know what most of the car is like.

I'm more after 'stripped' pics 'cause I have a few 'plans' for the car and knowledge is power. :ph34r:

I was hoping someone may have taken pics already of it in pieces as they did something to it (Audio ??)

Reliability; Yes they have a reputation for that, but maybe someone who reads this might have some 'insider' info. :whistling:

This really is my main concern.

It will all come out as soon as I can, but as a pointer, I have a car at the moment that 'can't/won't' be fixed by the manufacturer.

I can't deal with the stress anymore, which is why I'm throwing money out and swapping a new car for another.

Thankfully the Toyota dealer is going to REALLY look after me, but it's still going to hurt.

Thats the reason I'm looking at the budget end.

My only real complaint with it (as an auto) is;

General fit and finish isn't perfect, I can live with it though.

Road noise is a tad high, but I have plans to fix that (see request for pics).

It 'feels' like it has less room than my current car, but without actually measuring it I think it's just psychological.

So yes there's a few things I'd change, but for a 'budget' car it really does have a bit to offer.

Why no rear power windows ? and yet no option for a small update to all four ?!?

Yes ok I do know why, but at least make it an option for say $200.

Extra airbags, hmm, yes, could always get married, that'll give you a big airbag, ooooohhh I'm askin for it :yahoo:

Yes, the lack of rear power window options was irritating, but so far we're living with manual rear windows. Most of the time, 2 or less people are in the car anyway so it's not so bad. They can also be used without the key in ignition.

It's a pretty stupid thing though, because the Conquest has the safety pack, the cruise pack, alloy wheels, spoiler, rear power windows and a Bluetooth compatible system, but we wanted something with the safety pack and with the rear power windows and nothing else, which isn't available. We didn't want to pay for purely cosmetic things like alloy wheels and a spoiler, or cruise control which won't be used, since if we're going out of Sydney, we'd clearly choose the Camry to do it. We also have no Bluetooth phones.