OK Guys... little help

well i had a good experience buying the olds car there which is y i went back but now that i see how they handle issue NOOOOO WAY am i going back my last convo with the service manager was simply him saying he cant help me and there is nufin more he can do for me and that if i had test driven 2 rollas that didnt make that noise i must of driven the only 2 ever made by toyota that didnt carry that noise now if thats not saying ur a lier to ur face i dont know what is so i simply ended the convo there and away the phone rang to toyota head office only to be told that the rattle is a "characteristic" of the car :angry: boy i wasnt happy so i accused them of stealing people's money of falsly selling dodgy products without full disclosure and asked if they were tellin sales people to advise customers of the issue and that i was going to go to a dealership and ask if they have any probs with the sportivo and if they say no i was gona pursue it further etc etc etc but man all i can say is customer service went south faster than the sportivo when its in lift once i signed the dotted line :(

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man at the end of the day you have to realise this is a design flaw. sure when there is something there which they can do to help you, you can take it up with them and higher management, but if it is characteristic (being a design flaw/fact), many cars have them and no car is perfect. My celica also rattles and people have waited years for the TSB fixes to be published by toyota on how to eliminate rattles (shelfs, dashes, sunroof etc)....i know it rattles, i'll fix it soon, but quite frankly i have 140kws and can put up with it for the time being. take a look at some of the american sites for similar cars to the stivo/corolla and see the fixes (TSB's) posted there for any advice...

at the end of the day if it bothers u that much make ur demands to be refunded the amount or proportion necessary so u can buy a different car? sayin this would you go for another stivo?

he cant help me and there is nufin more he can do for me and that if i had test driven 2 rollas that didnt make that noise i must of driven the only 2 ever made by toyota that didnt carry that noise now if thats not saying ur a lier to ur face i dont know what is so i simply ended the convo there and away the phone rang to toyota head office only to be told that the rattle is a "characteristic" of the car  boy i wasnt happy so i accused them of stealing people's money of falsly selling dodgy products without full disclosure and asked if they were tellin sales people to advise customers of the issue and that i was going to go to a dealership and ask if they have any probs with the sportivo and if they say no i was gona pursue it further etc etc etc but man all i can say is customer service went south faster than the sportivo when its in lift once i signed the dotted line 

What xoom is trying to say and which i agree is that if the dealer knows about the problem and don't want to help fix it and try to palm you off, then we would have to go to a higher authority. Sure if the problem is fixable and that they do acknowledge the problem then there would be no issues against the dealer. When they know about the problem but don;t wanna fix it and deny it, that's bull!

My car gets serviced at Clintons toyota in Lakemba, they also have a branch out campbelltown way.

They have a work around that fixes the vibrations in the dash. I'm happy - car drives better than when I got it new.

:D

if one dealer can work out something and another cant, easily enough toyota management should be able to organise something for you (ie. take it to a different dealership that will fix the problems maybe - under warranty ofcourse?) I also agree with xoom's point of view, I also believe that when he goes to buy his next car/toyota? he will consider this rediculous crap he has gone through with the current toyota stivo

There is the option available to take your car to a different dealer and they will still maintain your new car warranty. Although the dealer that sold you the car would prefer that you have it serviced at their dealership. This was mentioned to me when I bought my sportivo. It would be downright silly if you moved say from Campbelltown to Bondi Junction and had to bring your car to campbelltown toyota for a service now wouldn't it ?

Incidentally, when I test drove the sportivo it had 254 kms on it, and the vibrations in the dash were so annoying that I thought it was just the test vehicle only.

come to think of it..when i also test drove the sportivo...i noticed there was a rattle in the dash..but i ignored it as i was too busy trying to drive it hard and see how it really went.

damn it!!!

but....some people haven't had the problem at all...which means...there are still some lucky bastards out there who've bought a stivo.

Same here...I concentrated on driving it really hard and didn;t notice any other noise. i even turned on the air con and revved it. It didn't lose any power. The dealer also said that this car doesn;t lose power when u have A/C on. But now that I have my car and turn the A/C on, it feels like I lose a lot of power.

God Dammit Why???? :(

Xoom and Tiger, I bought my car from Lander and apart from them not keeping me informed of the delivery delay, which I complained about when I got the questionaire from Toyota, I have not had any problems with my car. I took my car to Penrith Toyota for its first service because it was free But after reading what Sharmz has said about Penrith Toyota I might try Castle Hill myself for the next service because I will have to pay for that one.

Yeh I did mention it all went kaput after I stalled. It was working fine before that. But I doubt there is any relationship. That's what I mean. Just find it weird that is just does not operate anymore. I'm clueless on electronics.

I'm taking it in to the dealer on Monday to have a have look. Its probably something simple like a reset switch. I dunno *shrug*.

It was mounted on only 2 hinges, not all 4...Strathfield Car Radio did the installation for the dealer...so what must have happened when I stalled it may have got dislodged ever so slighlty & it made it inoperable. Thank god it wasn't a faulty unit. Just a faulty installation job <_<

well i take the car in tomorrow to get looked at. i hope its da last time it goes in other than services.

Mr duck did Lander double your warranty if u only take it 2 them to service i.e. 6yrs/200000km but only if they service it as they did for me. If i service it else where it goes back to 3 yrs/100000km.

i reckon castle hill toyota is really good. especially the service department.

btw: i've had my courtesy car for 3 weeks now ;)

free of charge.

if any1 gonna buy a toyota (esp a stivo) go to Castle Hill Toyota and ask for Stefan. Tell him that 'tj' sent ya...he'll give ya a good deal. =) ;)

Hi

Car has just done 9000kms. Just did 3500k's in 2 and a half weeks over chrissy. on some very windy / bumpy roads on the NSW-QLD border near Mt Lindsay. Only a few very small niggling problems.

1) reverse braking noise....not that bad

2) slight rattle on instrument cover in dash....stops if i put my hand to it

3) Rattle in tailgate when first got it....fixed at 1000k service.

Nothing else yet.

***** from reading some of you other guys problems....either Im far more tolerant of small problems or I have a good car. I most likely thinks its the former.

Cheers

Josh

Xoom, Spot on!!! When I bought the car the chick offered an extended Lander warranty but I had to pay for it and the car had to go back to them to be serviced. I live at Penrith so I did not want to go all the way back to Blacktown and spend all day there while my car is serviced :angry: . When I picked my car up the sales rep tried to sell me an extended warranty again <_< but I still was not interested ;)

When I went to the accountant chick to hand over my money :( she filled out this booklet and gave it to me and said the car comes with an extended 3 year Lander warranty, I thought to myself she thinks I have paid for it but I havent :lol:, because Lander is such a big dealer there appears to be a brake down in communication between employees. But because I took my car to Penrith Toyota for its first service the extended warranty is void :unsure:

well guys ive picked up my car and the rattle is gone :D but i dont know how long 4 :blink: as the last time it was in (ive had it service 4 this 3 times already) it came back after a week or so :angry: so hopefully this time its fixed will keep u updated ..... oh btw apparently this time they used different design/brand selector cables or soemthing i was just keen to get out n test my car and so far so good.

I have not had the rattle/vibration and my car has 15,000km. Only brake noise I have has is in reverse which is a ****. As far as Strathfield car radio installations I would avoid them like the plague. I had some stuff installed by them once and well lets just say they will never see me again.

i would never ever goto strathfield. they are lazy there, and do a sh*t job.

jb is ok. but its so easy that i do it all myself.

ive also installed systems for my mates.

one of em has a killer system: 2x12" kicker comp vr+ running off 1000W RMS! cbf mentioning the rest but its all top quility stuuf.

I had a GREAT experience buying my car, they came out to my place after hours to look at my trade in and knew I could not afford to take a small price for it, 5 other dealers quoted 6 grand for my lanos sport (2 years old) Woollongong toyota gave me 11 Grand and it was out of rego. they gave me trade plates so I could drive it unregistered to them and they swapped the plates onto my stivo, gave me the keys and off I went. Since then they have called me 4 times to check im happy with the car and to impress upon me that ANY issue I have, tell them and consider it fixed straight away. The only problem I had though was the headlights needed adjusting, they took care of it.

These guys really pushed it to get the sale and im REALLY impressed to see that the service did not stop after the sale, they even sent me a letter with a couple of scratchies in and wishing me luck in winning enough to pay for the car. These guys are fantastic :).

The only time I received an equaly impressive service was when I crunched the lanos and AAMI took care of it for me, I have heard so many horror stories about AAMI but they really went above and beyond the call of duty for me, also giving me 2 follow up calls to check I was still happy with the repair.

It was my GF's advise to go out of Sydney to buy the Stivo and I really do not regret it, the service you get from somewhere that does not have masses and masses of business each day is brilliant, oh and the 2 to 3 month wait for a Stivo?? not for me, I tested it on the Sat, picked it up the Sat after :).

Blade Hunter - U have a good story about Wollongong Toyota, I have a bad 1. They drove my car from Tory Toyota to Wollongong Toyota even though i told them i didnt want them to. They promised me a little car care pack that had samples of car shampoo, leather cleaner and tyre black, all i got was dead flowers!! They told me that i was going to get my car on a particular date, a week later they said that the only one they could get was one with 200 kms without any change in the price. I made other arrangements and when i went to go and get my deposit they said no because we will now get you your car. I was going to get the car from interstate and made the arrangements while i was in hospital. What i could do from my bed in 2 hours that had a week to do and they were just go lazy to bother to do it. I have to admit that their after sales service is pretty good but presales was pretty bad to say the least.