Stivo - "Characteristics of the car" ??

Had the drivers side window down tonight - about and inch. I closed the door and heard a rattle. Tried it a couple of times and yep it did it each time!

Did the same to the passenger side window and nope no rattle. Anyone else had this problem? And no I in no way slammed the window !

The motor was running at the time and the lights were on. As I put the window up I the lights noticeably dimmed... Now I've noticed the lights dimming before... when I am entering my drive way (revs aren't to low) put my foot on the break and the lights go noticeably dim.... Anyone noticed this before???

Could people help me out and test closing the door with the windows part way down please? I think its time for another trip to South Side Toyota....

Yeah perhaps it is normal (the dimming) but my parents toyotas don't have the dimming when they use their power windows..... I would have thought the power windows would not have sucked that much power....specially when the motor is running?????

Edited by sporthatch141

Yeah I would say the dimming is normal... I have a RAV4 an when you put the windows up it also dims, actually if I hit the breaks it dims aswell. I think a better battery would improve things a bit!!!

Yeah I would say the dimming is normal... I have a RAV4 an when you put the windows up it also dims, actually if I hit the breaks it dims aswell. I think a better battery would improve things a bit!!!

Yeah.. there has been a thread about the dimming before. Someone suggested it was the size of the battery... but i doubt that? I mean i REALLY doubt that? But hey... i could be wrong.

As for rattles/noises. I have a few niggling ones.

I occasionally get a rattle coming from the plastic covering the speedo etc. I seem to have fixed that for the moment by pushing it as far as i could to the right. It only came up after i took it for a wash and the guys cleaned the inside windscreen etc and also cleaned the cover... they must have moved the plastic cover slightly and hence caused a rattle.

I also get a buzzing rattle type noise somewhere on my right hand side close to the door area... may well be inside the door trim. Its VERY faint and is almost constant once it comes up.

I also have the gear selector rattle (getting it fixed as soon as i can get time off work to take the freaking car in for the service).

Ummm i think thats pretty much all the rattles i get... but i would suggest that the dimming is pretty much a 'standard' on the sportivo. You will also notice the dimming when you hit the central locking button and a few other things around the car.

Tivo Matt,

The rattle next to your ear is the bit of plastic that sits above the seat belt height adjuster, the bit of plastic in the middle that is sleeved inside the main B pillar plastic cover. It rattles in my car too :D :D :D :D

I also have a DEATH rattle in my rear passenger window. if i have it down a few inches, it rattles very loud over bumps when driving. :D :D :D

And the dimming i have :D , which I believe is due to small wiring mainly, and a battery that is only just big enuf.

We have discussed this B4 (see kcorros thread above) and a bigger battery would help with less dimming, but it will not completley fix it.

Had the drivers side window down tonight - about and inch. I closed the door and heard a rattle. Tried it a couple of times and yep it did it each time!

Yep i get this one but on the rear passenger door and it happens with the window fully up and if its a little down as well.

I occasionally get a rattle coming from the plastic covering the speedo etc.

N yep i got this one as well and it seems to come and go as it pleases

The two new ones that i havnt seen anyone mention yet that i have noticed is

1) where the lights are just above the rear vision mirror i seem to have a noticable rattle. I think its from the little roller things that are on the sun visors as in my car they are pretty loose and seem to vibrate freely....might get some silicon for this one

2) I noticed that when i drive with the A/C on i occasionally get this high pitched squeel like a door hinge that needs oiling. now i get this atleast once in a drive with my A/C on and its something i cant replicate as it happens under different conditions. Anyone know what it could be ????????? :blink::blink:

Cheers

Bill

I noticed that when i drive with the A/C on i occasionally get this high pitched squeel like a door hinge that needs oiling. now i get this atleast once in a drive with my A/C on and its something i cant replicate as it happens under different conditions. Anyone know what it could be ?????????  :blink:  :blink:

Hi Bill,

Yep you are supposed to get this sound as is everyone alse from what I have researched. Both Peekay and myself had this from day one so thoroughly had it checked out. It seems it is just one of those strange noises our cars make from time to time. I have also seen it mentioned on other overseas forums too with no one having any adverse effects from it and some of those guys have done 100,000 miles. So I stopped worrying about it a long time ago.

cheers mate

Edited by Ilivfor6

I noticed that when i drive with the A/C on i occasionally get this high pitched squeel like a door hinge that needs oiling. now i get this atleast once in a drive with my A/C on and its something i cant replicate as it happens under different conditions. Anyone know what it could be ?????????  :blink:  :blink:

Hi Bill,

Yep you are supposed to get this sound as is everyone alse from what I have researched. Both Peekay and myself had this from day one so thoroughly had it checked out. It seems it is just one of those strange noises our cars make from time to time. I have also seen it mentioned on other overseas forums too with no one having any adverse effects from it and some of those guys have done 100,000 miles. So I stopped worrying about it a long time ago.

cheers mate

i get that noise as well, but i've had it under all sorts of conditions, not just with the AC on...tried to pinpoint the condition when i first got the car...no luck

Hi Bill,

cheers mate

i get that noise as well, but i've had it under all sorts of conditions, not just with the AC on...tried to pinpoint the condition when i first got the car...no luck

If its the noise i think it is... then yeah i get it too... mine is only in short spurts and is just high pitch ( not really a squeal? :S) just a high pitch noise i guess.... *shrugz*

yeh, my lights do the same too when you use the power windows.....

as for rattling.... I've noticed that when the doors are locked a rattling noise can be heard coming from the passenger door but its all good if its unlocked...