biggest size wheels and tires to suit my corolla

jay388

what is the best and biggest set of wheels and tires to fit to my 07 zze122r corolla sedan, i cant seem to find any aftermarket parts for this car anyone know where to get a range of parts from

Hey Mate,

Great to see you on board with TOC! The easiest way to find things for you car is by doing a search for performance mods i.e search '1zz parts' and im sure you will get a few hits. There are plenty of mods out there if you want to spend the money. CES do after market exhausts tailored for the 1zz, there are a few different Cold Air Intakes you can use including TRD. Suspension mods can also be done with plenty of parts after market parts made to fit your model corolla including new sway bars/strut braces/springs/struts and coilovers

Just keep in mind the majority of performance parts that the 2zz boys use can also be utilized on the 1zz. (with a few exemptions)

I noticed you were in Brisbane. To see what you can do come out to the regular Thursday night meets and catch up with everyone. I can assure you that you will pick up a few ideas from us all. PM me if you want more details!

Cheers

hehe play nice! :P

And to answer your original question... the biggest size rim you can legally put on your car will be a 17 inch, however 18's will also fit, and yes to stop people getting P***ed off at you i would post in the correct section. Not everyone is a nice as me...Northy and SB have their mean streaks! :P

Edited by T_Money

hehe play nice! :P

And to answer your original question... the biggest size rim you can legally put on your car will be a 17 inch, however 18's will also fit

24 x 10 would fit if you removed your front guards and hacked the rear to bits lawl.

But seriously, 18's are the biggest I would ever go yeah. 19's make it look like the 'mental patient' of cars. Ie: "It looks spethal"

Northy isn't on. You are one lucky plucker.

(oh booooo. it won't link the pic :( )

Dude there's a section solely dedicated to wheels and tires. Don't end up like Caesar did (note sig).

thanks now i know, this is the first forum ive ever been to till now ive never needed help

Northy isn't on. You are one lucky plucker.

(oh booooo. it won't link the pic :( )

Dude there's a section solely dedicated to wheels and tires. Don't end up like Caesar did (note sig).

thanks now i know, this is the first forum ive ever been to till now ive never needed help

lol no probs dude.

07 ZZE122 you say?

Hmmmm..... well 18x7.5 fit for sure but not sure what size tyres your going to need to stick to rolling circumference.

You can find a handy tyre calculator here

I keep contemplating sneaking on a set of 19's but would have to find a 19x7.5 (rare) and put on 225/35/19 (also rare).

Then i'd have no choice but to put it on superlows or ever a set of coilovers.

See how one mod can lead to the necessity of other mods!?

If 17s are the biggest you can legally go, why would you go any bigger? It means your insurance wont cover you in the case of a boo-boo. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

17s are NOT the biggest you can LEGALLY go. TRUST ME.

what is the best and biggest set of wheels and tires to fit to my 07 zze122r corolla sedan, i cant seem to find any aftermarket parts for this car anyone know where to get a range of parts from

the new corolla can come fitted with either Kappa or Vortex alloy wheels 17x7 so couldnt it be fitted with 19s?

the new corolla can come fitted with either Kappa or Vortex alloy wheels 17x7 so couldnt it be fitted with 19s?

Well with alittle modification to your guards, you can fit 20's...i did 20x8.5....

Also for a new corolla, because they are 5 stud, it is easy to find nicer wheels..

My research has told me that you cant legally go more then 2 inches bigger then what is on your tyre placard. That is for NSW anyway, check the RTA website if your interested. Even if you did go over, you would never be done if you get pulled over for an RBT or something stupid. But insurance would probably tell you to bugger off in the case of an accident.

i was told by a wheel shop dude that you could go more than 2 inches (maybe because of recent change of rules from RTA, ADR or something?) but the tricky part would be to find the right tyres to meet the load rating. Like what Matty said some insurance companies might not insure your car if you go more than 2 in diameter.

I personally think 17 is the right size for Corolla especially the 9th gen, heck even 16in looks fine IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

When it rims put what ever you like on .. check with your insurance first ...

And when it come's to roadworthy if your TYRE PLACARD says 15inch wheels

" Vicroads ...... In the case of a passenger car, the rim width must not exceed by more than 25 mm the widest rim available for. the particular model from the vehicle manufacturer unless an engineers report is supplied for that modification"

This means if your car says 16x6.5 then you can go 17x7.5 or 18x7.5 .... not any higher ...

If it says 15x6 or 15.6.5 you can't go higher that 16x7 , 17x7.5 or 17x7

You can order a new tyre placard for you car ...

Car owners have been targeted for this lately in northern suburbs melbourne by police

This is pretty much same across all states now . maybe some variations .... so 17x7 is best size with a tyre to match aswell .... 88v rating and above on a zze122r .. sportivo is different i think as they have 16jj rims size as factory...

New corolla has option of 17's so you can go one inch wider legally ...

trust me i have been checked and warned by police ... cause i am over 25 my insurance doesn't care ...

But half the mods people do are not roadworthy so whats it matter ....just don't get caught

I have 17x7 with 215 tyres ... on a sedan ... nice fit on king lows

Well with alittle modification to your guards, you can fit 20's...i did 20x8.5....

Also for a new corolla, because they are 5 stud, it is easy to find nicer wheels..

Sexc_rolla .... what tyre size you running because i can't see how 8.5 rims fit on a corolla without serious modding to the suspenion .... or MASSIVE wheel spacers and did you get them engineered ? how much that cost ?