replacing fuel filter zze12#

DrivInGScHool

Hey guys has anyone replaced the fuel filters in there corolla's i belive there is 2 of them 1 in tank ?

cost and how hard it was ....

and i would asume the sportivo is the same but i think its a different part number

Edited by DrivInGScHool

I have done it. Despite what the manual says there is only 1 fuel filter and that is in tank. It is pretty easy to get out.

1 - take out back seats (Bottom half only)

2 - Peel back the carpet

3 - There is a round plate in the middle of the rear seat area (It is stuck on with sicaflex) get a screw driver an lift it off

4 - disconnect all wiring and piping (be careful not to break the yellow circlip holding in the fuel line)

5 - unscrew the 7-8 screws around the in tank fuel filter

6 - the whole unit then comes out (fuel pump and all)

When you get your new fuel filter you will notice that some parts remain from the old unit including the fuel pump and preliminary filter bag.

7 - Start pulling the fuel pump apart being careful to remember the order in which the parts came off

8 - Attach the existing parts to the new fuel filter and reinstall into the car

NB be very careful to reattach the fuel line properly pushing the attachment in all the way and reattaching the yellow circlip.

I bought the fuel filter from Toyota for $75 with a mechanics discount, civies will probably pay $90ish

For pictures just download the corolla service manual :)

Edited by T_Money

Be very careful that you install all the O rings back where they were and lubricate them when you put it all back together...

If they are dry they can break and if they break or are not refitted correctly, you wont have enough fuel pressure for the car to start or run...

I'm gonna have to do this soon, been dreading it, such a nuisance of a thing :(

Glad someone asked about it :) good post T-money. How much would I expect to pay Toyota to do the whole thing for me if I don't feel like it?

I'm gonna have to do this soon, been dreading it, such a nuisance of a thing :(

Glad someone asked about it :) good post T-money. How much would I expect to pay Toyota to do the whole thing for me if I don't feel like it?

Part of the 80k service? They will probably ping you between $500 and $600. Do it yourself, really not all that hard.

'out of curiosity, how often would you change the fuel filter?'

every 80,000km :)

Edited by T_Money

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...