Picking up a TRD Aurion today....

SEXC_ROLLA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...

i am picking up my TRD aurion today....BLACK SL.

Will post picks when i pick up and drive home!!

CAN'T WAIT!

I saw one yesterday(Black SL) when we picked up our new corolla!

One awsome car, have fun with it!

Congrats! :toast:

Edited by Doug12

Good buy...

I love the S more personally... Dark wheels and red interior are much better than the SL's features...

Each to their own tho...

Drove one last week in sports shift mode, no traction in 1st at all lol...

I prefer the S's colours to, but then again it has none of the sunroof and satnav stuff.

On that note, does anyone know why they got rid of 2 colours? They removed cyber green (didn't sell i supose?) and have removed the Wildfire Red from the sportivo models (Maybe so only TRD have that colour?) And have added the ugly as inferno (yuck!!) and that ugly blacky grey colour...weird...

Cyber Metallic Green wasn't winning any beauty pageants either.

They changed the colours as they updated the Camry range with a price revision and standard VSC across the range. As the Aurion has the same colours as the Camry, they changed it too.

The 3500SL is available in two less colours than the 3500S. Probably because it aims to be more upmarket, so only has the upmarket colours.

Congrats!

Hey guys...

i am picking up my TRD aurion today....BLACK SL.

Will post picks when i pick up and drive home!!

CAN'T WAIT!

Hey SEXC_ROLLA how's that TRD Aurion? I saw one in the showroom at Castle Hill Toyota (i just had to stop in to see one in the flesh), it's stacked with goodies and looks a treat. I trust it drives like nothing you've ever experienced before?

The interior is something that really impressed me, especially the seats. My Presara put's me off a tad with all the wood grain, especially on the centre console - but really thats the only complaint i have about the car. I'm glad to see that Toyota didn't get too carried away with carbon fibre inserts etc. in the TRD.

The grill is something different, yet really impressive!

I noticed the rear spoiler on the TRD is also a much improved version to that which is standard on the Sportivo. Having eliminated all the black plastic from the underside of the spoiler; with a very attractive LED Stop Light in it's place. I like it that much I'm going to enquire about one for the Presara, lucky for me I'm fortunate enough to have a very good mate in Toyota whom I'll be approaching this weekend to price one up for me at cost, hopefully it still doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Post us all some pic's when you can.

So where are those pictures?? :whistling:

Hey guys...sorry just been driving it all weekend...went to Jervis Bay with the wife and some friends, so a perfect drive in a perfect car...well almost perfect, the only thing it needs to be perfect is paddles for the gear shifting, similar to those in the Lexus IS250. One hand on the wheel and the other on the gear shifter is crazy when you have that much power in a FWD car.

I will get pics up tomorrow hopefully, once the car is washed and looking as it should.

It is an amazing car, and the ride is awesome....

Is there any1 else who has one? or knows some1 who has one, as i would like to hear their thoughts....

Thanks.

*Edit* Stuff like that on the streets is bad - Moderatoring team -

So how is the FWD after all that? Is there much problems keeping it straight? Torque steer etc?

Cheers,

C.j

Well to be honest.. i didnt encounter anything at all.... and i had it in the rain on the friday night, and i had no problem keeping traction thru the front wheels...

Only holden and ford enthusiasts will use the FWD as a critisism... I dont know what car "Drive" reviewed but i had no problem keeping the 241kW in tact thru the front wheels...

Remember toyota has more safety gadgets and things to keep the car behaving as they wish than any other car in its class....

Job well done to TRD.

So how is the FWD after all that? Is there much problems keeping it straight? Torque steer etc?

Cheers,

C.j

Well to be honest.. i didnt encounter anything at all.... and i had it in the rain on the friday night, and i had no problem keeping traction thru the front wheels...

Only holden and ford enthusiasts will use the FWD as a critisism... I dont know what car "Drive" reviewed but i had no problem keeping the 241kW in tact thru the front wheels...

Remember toyota has more safety gadgets and things to keep the car behaving as they wish than any other car in its class....

Job well done to TRD.

that's amazin man... you should bring it to one of the meets or something...

what about keeping traction when cornering (ie understeer) how's that? oh and did you drive it without traction control (can you remove it)?

Cheers,

C.j

Job well done to TRD.

what about keeping traction when cornering (ie understeer) how's that? oh and did you drive it without traction control (can you remove it)?

Picks are coming, i just realised my digital camera is with my brother.... Will get it back tonight!

Traction control cannot be switched on or off, apparently that is also the case with the standard aurions....

No understeer or oversteer at all, and i was taking corners at pretty high speeds...

My wife has banned me from taking it to any meets, she says i still have my corolla for that!! FEMALES...they will never understand!

But i might be able to sneak it away for an morning meet up or something!

Cheers,

C.j

Job well done to TRD.

Picks are coming, i just realised my digital camera is with my brother.... Will get it back tonight!

Traction control cannot be switched on or off, apparently that is also the case with the standard aurions....

No understeer or oversteer at all, and i was taking corners at pretty high speeds...

My wife has banned me from taking it to any meets, she says i still have my corolla for that!! FEMALES...they will never understand!

Traction control can be turned off. It is about a 13 step process to turn off traction control. Ask you dealer for help, they should be able to tell you. You will need to turn traction control off especially if you get bogged in soft sand.

Cheers,

C.j

Job well done to TRD.

Traction control can be turned off. It is about a 13 step process to turn off traction control. Ask you dealer for help, they should be able to tell you. You will need to turn traction control off especially if you get bogged in soft sand.

Seriously? That is wicked...i guess it would provide some sort of fun to have it switched off.

But is it something i am supposed to know, or is it a way around it? because i dont want to switch it off and then screw something up electronically?

Thanks for that info....will bring it up with my first service...

I love the $120 service cost...that is a pretty good deal... You gotta love Toyota!

You can turn off trac control by following the steps below. I posted this up a while ago in another thread.

THe method below works. But you need to do each time you start the car if you want the TC off. By default it turns back on each time you start the car.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

Its a bit convoluted, but i tried it and i works.

Totally changes the driving experience.

How so.. i tryed it.. did'nt notice that much.

For starters, try getting cleanly off the line on hard throttle openings. Too much throttle and instant loss of traction, too little throttle and nothing, Just the right amount will see you launch it much quicker than when the traction control is on.

Try pushing it hard through a few roundabouts. You get massive differences in exit speeds. Normally with TC on when the nose starts to understeer out, the TC limits the power until the car has straightened out after exiting the corner/roundabout. Without TC, go in hard, get a little understeer, back it off for a second and then get back on the power hard. The car will launch out of the corner/roundabout much much quicker.

If you drive like a grandma, then you won't notice the TC doing anything. If you push your car a bit, you will see how much it's performance has been retarded by the TC.

Switch it off, push the car, to it's grip limits, back off, and then nail it. Much much quicker.

You can turn off trac control by following the steps below. I posted this up a while ago in another thread.

THe method below works. But you need to do each time you start the car if you want the TC off. By default it turns back on each time you start the car.

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

looks like the ECU looks at the hand brake and foot brake signal for the right combination before it disengages the TC. I'm sure someone could come up with a device that sends the same signal by splicing into the two signal wires. You'd have to figure out how to turn it back on without turning off the car. that would be cool.

Try it on a wet day and come back and tell you didn't notice much!

it does work and there is a lot of nannying by the ecu if you drive at all spiritedly.

Try it on a wet day and come back and tell you didn't notice much!

it does work and there is a lot of nannying by the ecu if you drive at all spiritedly.

Ok i tryed it.. and gave it a bit around corners and you do notice heaps of difference. before when i tryed it my gf was in the car.. and i was limited in what i could do without being slapped :P def a better drive..

2. Start the engine.

looks like the ECU looks at the hand brake and foot brake signal for the right combination before it disengages the TC. I'm sure someone could come up with a device that sends the same signal by splicing into the two signal wires. You'd have to figure out how to turn it back on without turning off the car. that would be cool.

Boy... it sounds like ur opening a safe...

couldnt they have made it a little simplier?

button on button off...

Just a thought...

does the abs still work if u do that...

or is there another way of turning the abs off for a little more fun :spiteful: