what software i make work buy :)

jaderd

Hi Guys,

i know heaps of you have different software for playing with images and designing banners etc......i dont know alot about what is out there and need some help...@ work i do a national newsletter which is real basic and to the point which i would like to improve, also our business is looking to start producing our own newsletter as a source of info for clients and marketing tool. The other area which our company is heading towards is elearning. Therefore i need a piece of software that allows me to edit images, create newsletters and templates etc......and also enable me to make shapes and images, headings, covers etc for elearning................really i guess i need like a real awesome version of publisher mixed with photo shop or something like that....i dunno whats out there thats why im asking for help..............boss is willing to pay whatever really too....wants the licence so can get updates etc...so prob upto $1000 ish as long as it would fulfill our needs.

Also if anyone knows of any good cheap / free software for developing tests and question/answer that would be great as need some new software for elearning and presentation of information in an interactive form for users to test their knowledge, the software doesnt need to track or log their results.....just enable them to answer the q's (multiple choice, short answer etc) and test themselves.

cheers

Hi Guys,

i know heaps of you have different software for playing with images and designing banners etc......i dont know alot about what is out there and need some help...@ work i do a national newsletter which is real basic and to the point which i would like to improve, also our business is looking to start producing our own newsletter as a source of info for clients and marketing tool. The other area which our company is heading towards is elearning. Therefore i need a piece of software that allows me to edit images, create newsletters and templates etc......and also enable me to make shapes and images, headings, covers etc for elearning................really i guess i need like a real awesome version of publisher mixed with photo shop or something like that....i dunno whats out there thats why im asking for help..............boss is willing to pay whatever really too....wants the licence so can get updates etc...so prob upto $1000 ish as long as it would fulfill our needs.

Also if anyone knows of any good cheap / free software for developing tests and question/answer that would be great as need some new software for elearning and presentation of information in an interactive form for users to test their knowledge, the software doesnt need to track or log their results.....just enable them to answer the q's (multiple choice, short answer etc) and test themselves.

cheers

i use adobe photo shop CS 5 for all my photo editing, not sure if it does news letters n templates tho, im sure there could b a plugin for it tho

You'd be looking at a few tools to produce your newsletter... Photoshop/The GIMP(Free) for your image manip needs and Adobe InDesign (Desktop Publishing).

I don't know anything about eLearning solutions, but there is no reason why you couldn't learn xhtml/css and build your own on a per basis. Or do a google search...

Edit: I'll ask my gf as she works at accenture(eLearning), so she'd be able to tell me what she uses and I can pass it on.

Hi Guys,

cheers

Edited by natz

thanx guys......have researched a bit into the elearning and am working on a project with APCET at moment....begginers mentoring stream in ealearning....really just PD for me......just that there is so much software outthere and toolboxes etc....rediculous....id rather find out from people that have tried and tested various stuff to see what is best for my needs etc.....save me sifting through the loads of crap that is out there.....

cheers....keep the comments flowing

Me being a web/graphics designer i use Adobe CS3 (Design Premium version). It comes with a few programs

Photoshop - Touching up/editing images

Illustrator - Drawing images

Flash - Animations/interactive web content

Dreamweaver - Building web pages / applications

Indesign - Placing everything onto paper!

Acrobat Professional 8 - Making PDF forms

Other random crap like Adobe Bridge

Its a neat little package which will be able to do everything you mentioned above.

Technically you dont need Indesign as you can do everything in Photoshop or Illustrator. But Indesign is awesome if you learn it!

The only thing is that the package costs about $3,000. You can go and get the Design Standard Addition which removes Dreamweaver and Flash(i think) for about $2,000.

Try it out and download the trial versions of Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.

thanx for all the input guys, at moment our website is through dreamweaver Mx 2004.....and flash etc.....although i stole some monash university students to do some work for me and they are about 75 %through creating an all in one.....website /LMS / client management system with logins, front and back end...ability to print reports and certificates (1/2 company is an RTO in food safety and hospitality etc) so not sure how this is able to be updated although i will find out soon as this is as their final year project....scored them doing all this equiv to a fair few k $ for free and all their marks come from the actual manual they produce for how to use and manage the system......this will fingers crossed work fine and allow us not to need other LMS like moodle or Web CT....and we can get rid of our 2 client management systems.....Act v8 and Vetrac and have one big piece of software to make us more efficient ....lol. So yeah gone off on bit of a tangent but thats where we are headed......new website that has front back/logins able to produce reports etc.....worst case we integrate webct into it if our elearning products dont function well within the uni built one etc.........i will def check out the trials as mentioned.......i think i went off on this tangent in a way of mentioning already have dremweaver (mx 2004) and flash etc.

cheers

thankyou