Offering my services and help....if needed

Hi all!

I haven't been on this site for a while. And haven't posted in even longer! Just to let you know that I am now working in a major metro dealership in Melbourne, as opposed to working in one in rural Queensland. A bit of a difference let me tell you!

Anyway, just a quick note that if anyone needs or wants some help or a question answered, (parts and accessories are the specialty!) I will try my best to help out where I can.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Cheers

Mick

Hi all!

I haven't been on this site for a while. And haven't posted in even longer! Just to let you know that I am now working in a major metro dealership in Melbourne, as opposed to working in one in rural Queensland. A bit of a difference let me tell you!

Anyway, just a quick note that if anyone needs or wants some help or a question answered, (parts and accessories are the specialty!) I will try my best to help out where I can.

Cheers

Mick

Indeed we shall, please either post or PM me the dealership details.

Thanks for the questions guys.

Just to answer a few: Unfortunately I don't work for a registered TRD Dealership. In saying this however, TRD Dealerships are the only ones that are able to sell the cars, but any dealer can handle the service and the parts for the TRD vehicles, as to my understanding. At this stage there are 6 Melbourne TRD dealers and I don't think there will be any others, just for the immediate future anyway.

I am lead to believe (the TRD program is still yet to be fully rolled out) that dealers will only have access to Australian delivery TRD parts catalogues, i.e Aurion, Hilux, Rav4 and Yaris. I can however get prices for TRD Japan parts, but need to have the part numbers to do so.

TRD dealers have TRD trained mechanics. I wouldn't want to let my expensive TRD vehicle be serviced by a non-TRD trained mechanic... for instance there's a few SST's specific to the TRD Aurion that aren't required on the other toyota's. The non TRD trained mechanics wont have these SST's required to service the vehicle.

Edited by rollamods

TRD dealers have TRD trained mechanics. I wouldn't want to let my expensive TRD vehicle be serviced by a non-TRD trained mechanic... for instance there's a few SST's specific to the TRD Aurion that aren't required on the other toyota's. The non TRD trained mechanics wont have these SST's required to service the vehicle.

Indeed this is true. But in someway, it is just the same as taking your "ordinary" Toyota or TRD Toyota, or any other manufacturer for that matter to a dealer for service or your local mechanic. Anyone with a set of spanners and a little bit of know how can do a service. It is a personal preference who you want to work on your car. I feel the same as yourself. If I owned a TRD vehicle I would want a TRD Mechanic on it, just for the piece of mind that if anything went wrong you do have a leg to stand on.

Any dealer can access the TRD tools, but they may not neccessarily have the people trained to use them correctly.

Mick, the reason i asked about the TRD Dealership was that when i bought my TRD CAI i had to buy in Syd at one of the Registered TRD Dealers because my 2 local dealers were not and could not supply the Accessories i was looking for. do you have a list or web site that we can see the product and get the number for whatever.

thanks

Mick, the reason i asked about the TRD Dealership was that when i bought my TRD CAI i had to buy in Syd at one of the Registered TRD Dealers because my 2 local dealers were not and could not supply the Accessories i was looking for. do you have a list or web site that we can see the product and get the number for whatever.

thanks

Theoretically every dealer can access TRD parts. We all use the same ordering system. Not many dealerships out there have the TRD parts catalogues, which can be very hard to get a hold of, expensive and usually written completely in Japanese! And I guess also to, that a lot of dealerships, when it comes to"go-fast" or modified bits, probably don't have a real interest in them and therefore might say they cannot access the parts just to get out of.

The only website I can think of that may have the TRD part numbers you are looking for is http://trdparts/jp/english/ . This is the Japanese site obviously but a lot of the part numbers are the same to the Australian spec vehicles. I have just punched in a few part numbers and they do work in my system.

Hope this helps!

Hi all!

Cheers

Mick

:help: Hi Mick,

I just signed up as a new member and am still finding my way around. I'm getting my new Presara tomorrow (can't wait) and I have a question about the built-in Bluetooth system. Thus far, my dealer hasn't been able to give me a satisfying answer.

The Presara brochure says that "Bluetooth will only operate with telephone enabled with compatible Bluetooth wireless technology (HFP [Hands Free Profile] version 1.0 and OPP [Object Push Profile] version 1.1 international standards)."

I don't want to buy a phone that is not compatible, but it seems that all mobile phones currently on the market are "compliant with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 supporting the following profiles: . . . Object Push, Handsfree, . . . " (quote from the phone connectivity specs). Is the Bluetooth system in the Presara old technology or is it compatible with any Bluetooth mobile phone that supports Handsfree and Object Push???

Hope you can help.

Cheers

noble

Noble, If you have a phone with Bluetooth 2.0 specifications it should be backwards compatible with Bluetooth 1.1. I would guess the reason the Presara is only Blutooth 1.1 is because you don't have a need for high bandwidth for just voice, The only real time you should need Blutooth 2.0 would be for data transfering.

Hi all!

Cheers

Mick

:help: Hi Mick,

I just signed up as a new member and am still finding my way around. I'm getting my new Presara tomorrow (can't wait) and I have a question about the built-in Bluetooth system. Thus far, my dealer hasn't been able to give me a satisfying answer.

The Presara brochure says that "Bluetooth will only operate with telephone enabled with compatible Bluetooth wireless technology (HFP [Hands Free Profile] version 1.0 and OPP [Object Push Profile] version 1.1 international standards)."

I don't want to buy a phone that is not compatible, but it seems that all mobile phones currently on the market are "compliant with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 supporting the following profiles: . . . Object Push, Handsfree, . . . " (quote from the phone connectivity specs). Is the Bluetooth system in the Presara old technology or is it compatible with any Bluetooth mobile phone that supports Handsfree and Object Push???

Hope you can help.

Cheers

noble

Noble.

I was going to say something very similar to what Yoshi has just said. I don't think it should be a problem to connect up to the unit.

thanks

did you recieve my pm.

thanks

did you recieve my pm.

Indeed I did. And I shot one back! Or at least I think I did!

thanks

did you recieve my pm.

Indeed I did. And I shot one back! Or at least I think I did!

sorry yes you did, just replied to you.

thanks