New Presara, New Member, New Everything!

pracola

I would just like to start off with saying hello as I'll be looking over this forum from now on to see whats happening and stuff. I've just recently got a hold of a new Aurion Presara which shall be fun. Although 'Its a family car' keeps popping up at the back of my head but oh wells.

Just a few small things I wanted to quickly ask about the Presara which I assume you guys know more about it than me. Just wanted to know if there was like a difference in using premium over unleaded when you already started using unleaded. Just that sometimes other people fill up the car for me when they drive it and they dont use premium. I don't even know if its wise to mix premium and stardard unleaded! but if it makes no difference since i'm occasionally using standard then maybe just keep with it?

The other thing is that I want to use the in-built monitor for DVD player and/or digital television without taking out the OE unit and putting in a china ebay branded unit. Anyone have any experience in this or know where I get find info on how to add televison/dvd functionality on the Presara OE monitor?

Thats all for now. And for all of you that are wondering, its Black in color and every hard to keep clean!!!! lol but i know a place with free automatic car wash but even that is tiring as black color gets dirty FAST! -__-

Thanks guys!

From what I remeber from year 12 chemistry mixing different octanes will change the combustion properties of petrol. However it won't really change it enough to cause any damage so I wouldn't really worry about it. It just means the average octane of the fuel will drop until you fill it up again, which would change it again. Usually the guys on here say it takes a couple of tanks of high octane (premium) to get the best out of the fuel. And think of it this way, if it did cause any real damage there'd be warnings for it...well you'd hope

Edited by Seanious

I would just like to start off with saying hello as I'll be looking over this forum from now on to see whats happening and stuff. I've just recently got a hold of a new Aurion Presara which shall be fun. Although 'Its a family car' keeps popping up at the back of my head but oh wells.

Just a few small things I wanted to quickly ask about the Presara which I assume you guys know more about it than me. Just wanted to know if there was like a difference in using premium over unleaded when you already started using unleaded. Just that sometimes other people fill up the car for me when they drive it and they dont use premium. I don't even know if its wise to mix premium and stardard unleaded! but if it makes no difference since i'm occasionally using standard then maybe just keep with it?

The other thing is that I want to use the in-built monitor for DVD player and/or digital television without taking out the OE unit and putting in a china ebay branded unit. Anyone have any experience in this or know where I get find info on how to add televison/dvd functionality on the Presara OE monitor?

Thats all for now. And for all of you that are wondering, its Black in color and every hard to keep clean!!!! lol but i know a place with free automatic car wash but even that is tiring as black color gets dirty FAST! -__-

Thanks guys!

No problem mixing them both, and if you looking at premium all the way you'll only get the benefit after a couple of tanks or through freeway driving. If your a city driver then not much difference there.

As for the headunit For something like 60 bucks you can get from Toyota parts a Double Din to replace the OE unit then you can get a premium dvd/monitor unit to put in.

And yeah black is a bitch to clean :P, keep it waxed regularly and should be looking mint for longer. Though there are products out there that help protect the car. At toyota when I put down the order for my car, there was some offer of a protective coating, did you get this offer as well?

Cheers,

Thanks guys!

I have only just purchased a new Presara and I am astounded at the gadgets that are in it .

As a newly retired Mechanical Engineer that had to sell my out back rigged out Prado due to a permanent injury ( and trade in my wifs Toyota Corolla which I am still trying to live down) The presara was the way to go for comfort.

At the moment it is filled with Unleaded fuel and it appears that I am achieving approx 13+ litres per 100km due to it only having 1,670kms on the clock.

Performance is great at present, and for your interest I have added for the first time a Nulon Fuel additive and a Nulon oil addative which I used exclusivly in all my past vehicles.

I will only be using a premium Fuel when I need to re fill from now on with a min RON rating of 95.

This was used also in my Corolla and it appeared to run more efficiently, cooler and improved pulling power.

Just remember that the fuels today all come from the same refinery and they are just plonked into the respective tankers for delivery and one can only assume any additional brand additives may be added.

The only issue I have with the purchase of Premium Unleaded fuel is that it has been detected that unleaded has been placed in the Premium tanks and you end up paying for the cheaper fuel at the premium rate.

I am a new addition to this club and will be interested to keep in touch as the vehicle wears in.

regards

Thanks guys!

No problem mixing them both, and if you looking at premium all the way you'll only get the benefit after a couple of tanks or through freeway driving. If your a city driver then not much difference there.

As for the headunit For something like 60 bucks you can get from Toyota parts a Double Din to replace the OE unit then you can get a premium dvd/monitor unit to put in.

And yeah black is a bitch to clean :P, keep it waxed regularly and should be looking mint for longer. Though there are products out there that help protect the car. At toyota when I put down the order for my car, there was some offer of a protective coating, did you get this offer as well?

Cheers,

That stuff is what you can get in shops. The people that try sell this stuff are trained at bull****ing. All the optional (rust proofing,wax stuff) is a rip off and can be done at MUCH cheaper prices and is the exact same thing!

Ill try find the name, but I know it can be done at a much cheaper price yourself.

^yip agreed

Not saying they were cheap or worth it going through toyota, but just saying there is the option to put an overlay of protection if your worried about color fade damage etc. Toyota has gone to save costs and have not included any form of protective coating on their newer cars from what was told. So just bear that in mind.

Im sure you can get it cheaper elsewhere etc.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

COngrrats!!

May I know what was ur driveaway price?