TRD 2ZZ-GE Kit

Seano

I know it says the list is based on Japanse model, but still looks cool. Anyone tried any of these parts:

http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_engine-2zz-ge.html

The power graph looks promising, wonder how much it'd cost to get landed *hmm*

List price is about $au4700 for everything there (not including the double parts like exhausts). Then add tax and shipping and a service fee to who ever you buy through.

I worked out the list price to be $2571.

I worked it out for;

4x pistons

4x ring set

filter

manifold

muffler

flywheel

Aaaaaah. Lol, my price only rebuilds one cylinder ;) I thought the price for pistons and rings was for a set of 4.

I get $3852 (based on 406000 yen)

Edited by joefish1298

I wonder what sort of power gains you'd get if modified the internals with all that gear, added full exhaust/intake and a power FC? It'd make for a pretty mental NA car.

Bills car before the turbo with all the internal bits and pieces made less power than standard, only difference being he was running slightly lower compression.

Why would it be less powerful if its been upgraded?

& what the hell happened to all my posts and silver member lol

Is that Rolla Boy as in Ben with the orange show car or are you a different Rolla Boy? Lol hard to keep track.

I guess it made less power because the compression was lower (did it actually make less power mick? I thought it went pretty well... can't remember). Anyway he lowered the compression so he could go for some forced induction lovin'

going from 11.5:1 to 8.8:1 caused for the car to produce less power N/A ..... peak power went from 120 -> 105 however the curves was pretty much identical except for the fact the 2nd curve was lower on power across the rev range ..... at 8.8:1 with all my mods i could still keep with a stock stivo ;) ;) ;) probably beat it since i had the LSD & coils in as well ;) ;) ..... would have been interesting to take down the 1/4 actually .... ahhh well

but yeah 13:1 in AUS :blink: :blink: highly not recommended unless ur gonna run on race fuel all day long .... $$$$ and illegal on the street i believe.

if your going for a full n/a setup i'd probably go at most 12:1 and get cams + other head work etc .... add a super tune with an aftermarket ECU .... and she'll rev like a motorbike and sound like it to ;) ;)

come on fellas im waiting 2 c the first 10K rpm N/A build ;) ;) ;)

No point bill, it won't make more power than a tuned n/a revving to 8k rpm. Not to mention how highly strung and breakable a 10k one would be

Why would it be less powerful if its been upgraded?

& what the hell happened to all my posts and silver member lol

Is that Rolla Boy as in Ben with the orange show car or are you a different Rolla Boy? Lol hard to keep track.

Different!!!

No point bill, it won't make more power than a tuned n/a revving to 8k rpm. Not to mention how highly strung and breakable a 10k one would be

hmmmm dunno big M ...... if u are able to get enough air into her (ITB's maybe ;) hanging out the bonnet or with a big hole in the bonnet ) while staying n/a obviously and are able to get the flow inside the head sorted to be at its most optimum i would expect (and this is in theory) that the power curve should keep climbing and essesntial move where peak power is ...... u dont think so ? i totally agree about the reliability part .... still would be interesting to hear it going off @ 10K rpms ;)

if there is a 10k rpm 2zz does that mean the low rpm would be crap??

it all depends on the setup if u go for too much gain uptop essentially that gain has to be made from loss down low .....

can be dun.... butttt it wud run like a dog until at least 7 grand and then it will open up soooo harddddddddddd the ports and all that other head work will hav to be extreeme and the compresion wud hav to be 12+: 1 and all the internals wud hav to be made stronger lol i cant see any 1 from this forum doing it.... the only mod on this forum is a CAI lol

Mr brother in-law who installs hoists and whatnot, was out at a workshop in croydon a few months back, and he said there was a 2ZZ celica there, completely N/A that was able to rev up to 11+ but changed at 10 cause he couldn't make anymore power after 10.

He said the guy had put more than $40,000 into the car, it had a full rollcage, huge brakes etc and was pumping out something like 190-200kws atw NA!!

hmmmm dunno big M ...... if u are able to get enough air into her (ITB's maybe ;) hanging out the bonnet or with a big hole in the bonnet ) while staying n/a obviously and are able to get the flow inside the head sorted to be at its most optimum i would expect (and this is in theory) that the power curve should keep climbing and essesntial move where peak power is ...... u dont think so ? i totally agree about the reliability part .... still would be interesting to hear it going off @ 10K rpms ;)

The oil pump is the key part in going to 10k rpm. The stocko one doesn't like going over 9k rpm too often. And as far as I know the only shop that made them stopped, so would need a custom job.

Lastest word I read on the ITB's is they should fit under the Rolla bonnet without a hole :whistling:

if there is a 10k rpm 2zz does that mean the low rpm would be crap??

it all depends on the setup if u go for too much gain uptop essentially that gain has to be made from loss down low .....

Thats the beauty of 2 cam profiles.

I also question the 190-200kw atw figures. That would mean he has the most powerful NA Celica in the known Celica world.

why, you would get better usable power from stroking the engine to 1.93L and once you do that you can kiss 10,000rpm goodbye because there is no way the engine would hold together at those speeds with the longer stroke. It would just barely make it (if at all) on the standard stroke.

Edited by MR22ZZ

why, you would get better usable power from stroking the engine to 1.93L and once you do that you can kiss 10,000rpm goodbye because there is no way the engine would hold together at those speeds with the longer stroke. It would just barely make it (if at all) on the standard stroke.

Thats what i was getting at as well dyl.. U can raise it slightly but there is no point and it is very fragile.

i cant see any 1 from this forum doing it.... the only mod on this forum is a CAI lol

aheeeeeeeeeem ..... dont think so :P :P :P :P ..... i think u need to see this thread http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7291 ;)

Thats what i was getting at as well dyl.. U can raise it slightly but there is no point and it is very fragile.

fair call ....... it would still sound insane though i would think ;) ;) ;)