Wiring Diagram for 79 series Cruiser Ute??

Larine

Our 2004 Turbo diesel Land cruiser Ute (79 Series) has an electrical problem and we are wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram they would be able to scan and email to us?? We are 400klms from an auto electrician and have exhausted all avenues so far to work out what the problem is. This vehicle is used to do a twice weekly mail run so we need to get it back on the road asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem in brief is that there is power to the ECD fuse but none at the fuel pump and the engine light isnt coming on either.

hey guys

i own a 79 series cruiser and im reading your thread i am unable to figure out what the problem is. are you able to give me some more info and i could prob get some help for you`s. what area are you`s in

• 2 weeks later...
Our 2004 Turbo diesel Land cruiser Ute (79 Series) has an electrical problem and we are wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram they would be able to scan and email to us?? We are 400klms from an auto electrician and have exhausted all avenues so far to work out what the problem is. This vehicle is used to do a twice weekly mail run so we need to get it back on the road asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem in brief is that there is power to the ECD fuse but none at the fuel pump and the engine light isnt coming on either.

The problem as I guess is the fuel cut solenoid is not getting power and therefore wont start. You can run a piece of wire direct from the positive side of the battery to the fuel cut solenoid. The solenoid is at the rear of the pump and has 2-3 black coated wires coming off.

The wires there sometimes come loose so check that 1st

To turn it off you will have to disconnect the wire.

I dont know about the 79 but the 75 series manual recommends doing this when you are stuck. It worked fro 105 series owner with the same engine stuck a few hundred klms out of Broome recently