Pushing down the POD filter on the CAI

neK

i do understand they ant built for speed but im trying to do alittle so it can handle the speed im onto my second zre152 i put the first one into a tree on a road perfect for drifting. but it is the most powerful model thats come out lately but its to high standard its a fantastic motor the 2 zr-fe im very happy with itit feels so much better to drive then the previous models.

i do understand they ant built for speed but im trying to do alittle so it can handle the speed im onto my second zre152 i put the first one into a tree on a road perfect for drifting. but it is the most powerful model thats come out lately but its to high standard its a fantastic motor the 2 zr-fe im very happy with itit feels so much better to drive then the previous models.

dude. you remind me of another member (Buri_*something or another*). drifting with a front wheel drive car? :blink: :blink: are you sure you don't mean plow-understeer? LOL

my advice to you is; learn to use punctuation and think about what you are typing before you press "Add Reply" 'cause i can sense that you are an inch away from getting flamed :blink: :blink: :blink:

You put your first standard rolla into a tree, so now you think it needs more power.... :blink:

why? so you can go through the tree next time???? far out. I'm sure the road was 'perfect' for drifting but your driving a front-wheel drive corolla... enough said.

And im sorry in no way is this new model "the most powerful corolla lately" despite what toyota's marketing ploys say. I still think it wins the award for the ugliest though.... :help:

And Qkslvr - while im flaming :P Andy it might be worthwhile saving your money on the supercharger and investing on some driving lessons. I dont think the car needs to handle the power i think u do...

I'm not flaming I'm just stating a simple truth... It's not the most powerful model that's come out lately... Fine the DBW 1ZZ-FE's made 93kw to save on emissions... My throttle cable 1ZZ-FE (2001-2005) makes the same 100kw the new engine does...

Then the 2ZZ-GE Sportivo's (2003-06)... 141kw > 100kw

Then back a few years, the Gold Limited Edition AE112 Sportivo Turbo's (2000?)... 120-ish kw > 100kw

<_<

i know they have semi forged internals

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: really ??????

so does anyone know of any more lite modsi can do for easy power

NOS ...... just dont put to much or "ull have enough NOS in there to blow urself up ..... period"

so i can get our tech 2 to minor remap my computer

So ur saying he has ECU flashing capabilities ? ..... interesting :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: toyota must have change the ROM chips on the ECU's to EPROM's in the new corolla .......

i dont think im going to get any lag due to its forced induction and it will only be the tiny bit of lag because i ant changeing my internals

im not sure why ur even talking about lag becuz ur wanting to supercharge the car not turbo charge it ..... and how does not changing ur internals affect lag ? again mate u got me totally baffled

how is s/c going allow it to handle the speed ? ..... also not a good idea to try and drift in a FWD car :whistling: :whistling: ..... should also note it isnt the most powerful of corolla and since i havent driven one i wont comment on whether its a better drive but given toyota has currently turned their backs on the performance marketing in the corolla range (unless they release a trd rolla) i cant logically see how this is the case ......

i wasnt saying i was drifting i said it was a good road for drifting its like a bloody good road for racing really tight fast corners and im not putting the sc on for more speed im doing it for more power im doing other things like suspension, tryres, ect for speed and the ecu can handle minnor changes if you have can get your hands on a tech 2 computer wich i have one at work im woundering if you can get like one of those plug in so called chips for a bit more power and the judge made me do a driving course it was the best thing i ever did it will show you guys how **** you are you learn alot of good ****.

Hey was wondering if this CAI that was installed on the 1zz is the same ones that go on the 2zzges or is there a different design one for the 1zz compared to the 2zzge ones.

you also need one of those PP performance intake scoops by percel performance that would help air flow. Apparently you can modify an icecream container for airflow also.

The 1zz and 2zz's use the same kit. However, the rubber hose that connected the intake tube to the throttle body is made for the 2ZZ TB i.e the diameter is different. You can still fit it but the hose clamp will end up squeezing the rubber hose down to fit.

Which is why qkslvr advised me to buy another clamp that wouldnt bite into the silicon tubing.... think it cost $5 from supercheapauto.

i wasnt saying i was drifting i said it was a good road for drifting its like a bloody good road for racing really tight fast corners and im not putting the sc on for more speed im doing it for more power im doing other things like suspension, tryres, ect for speed and the ecu can handle minnor changes if you have can get your hands on a tech 2 computer wich i have one at work im woundering if you can get like one of those plug in so called chips for a bit more power and the judge made me do a driving course it was the best thing i ever did it will show you guys how **** you are you learn alot of good ****.

Was this before or after you hugged the tree?? :blink:

Why would Toyota put forged internals in a FE engine?

Engineers brief would be to seek to reduce manufacturing cost, as well as reciprocating mass as much as possible to reduce noise, emissions, fuel consumption etc etc etc, so that means cheaper cast internals. The rev-limit says it all. :whistling: