J e r e M y

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ive decided to go plain n simple :P

469c_1.JPG

on 215-45-17 .. =/ im not sure.. will it fit a white hatchback rolla? will it hit the gutter if i lower the car on low? or superlow?

cos the other set the seller provides does not comply with the load rating..i think its just 84..but for this 215-45-17 its 88

Edited by J e r e M y

469c_1.JPG

on 215-45-17 .. =/ im not sure.. will it fit a white hatchback rolla? will it hit the gutter if i lower the car on low? or superlow?

cos the other set the seller provides does not comply with the load rating..i think its just 84..but for this 215-45-17 its 88

Those rims will look very nice on a rolla. Make sure you have the right offset and if you lower the car, the tyres will scrub with that 45 profile.

469c_1.JPG

Those rims will look very nice on a rolla. Make sure you have the right offset and if you lower the car, the tyres will scrub with that 45 profile.

tq's for replying :) :( but other rubber wont meet the load rating =/ :P can we not meet the load rating? :P

what about 205-40-17? the thing with 205-40-17 is the load rating is 84.. :( if i lower to low not super low..will it still scrub with 215-45-17? whats " roll up your gutter " ? :P how much?

Those wheels look like mine, HR Racing 125, it's a similar design. Check them out to see if they're a cheaper option as I've seen that design sold under about 5 different brands. Probably out of the same factory in Taiwan :lol:

I run 205/45/17. The load rating is 84 but my tyre placard says my car was fitted from factory with either 14" steelies with load rating 84 or 15" steelies with load rating 87. That means I can legally run a load rating of 84, according to NCOP (see DoTaRS website), seeing as that's no less than the lowest load rating that came from the manufacturer. If you have a 1ZZ I suggest you check your placard to make sure yours isn't the same.

Those wheels look like mine, HR Racing 125, it's a similar design. Check them out to see if they're a cheaper option as I've seen that design sold under about 5 different brands. Probably out of the same factory in Taiwan :lol:

I run 205/45/17. The load rating is 84 but my tyre placard says my car was fitted from factory with either 14" steelies with load rating 84 or 15" steelies with load rating 87. That means I can legally run a load rating of 84, according to NCOP (see DoTaRS website), seeing as that's no less than the lowest load rating that came from the manufacturer. If you have a 1ZZ I suggest you check your placard to make sure yours isn't the same.

tqs..any issue of hitting the gutter with 45? what did u lower ur car with? :) will check my placard later..hopefully it will work out :( what will happen if u get caught using tyres which doesnt comply with ur load rating ? :P *just curious*

tqs..any issue of hitting the gutter with 45? what did u lower ur car with? :) will check my placard later..hopefully it will work out :( what will happen if u get caught using tyres which doesnt comply with ur load rating ? :P *just curious*

Defect :)

Hitting the gutter with 45 aspect ratio? Don't know what you mean by that, but there is no scrubbing of the guards. Remember the aspect ratio is subject to the tyre width - in fact it is a percentage of the width. So 45% of 205 is less than 45% of 215, you with me?

Edit: sorry, forgot to say, I'm on Pedders 30mm drop springs

Edited by Tayles

Defect :)

Hitting the gutter with 45 aspect ratio? Don't know what you mean by that, but there is no scrubbing of the guards. Remember the aspect ratio is subject to the tyre width - in fact it is a percentage of the width. So 45% of 205 is less than 45% of 215, you with me?

Edit: sorry, forgot to say, I'm on Pedders 30mm drop springs

:( im confused :P haha..read the wheel stuff but still not quite getting it :( sorry im noob

so what should i do? :(

Are you worried about scrubbing the guards on the inside or at the top??

Check the wheels and tyres sticky threads for an explanation of what the parts of a tyre size mean.

eg. 205/45R17 = Width 205mm, Aspect ratio (sidewall height) = 45% of tyre width, R = radial tyre, 17 = wheel diameter.

Then you should be able to see that 205/45R17 has a smaller circumference than 215/45R17 because 45% of 205 is less than 45% of 215. Also, 205/45R17 is 10mm slimmer than 215/45R17 and only 10-20mm wider than your original tyres depending on which model you have so you should have no problems scrubbing on the inside.

Besides, 215/45R17 will have too great a rolling diameter, thus will mess with your speedometer, and have a negative effect on your rate of acceleration.

Guys who are running 215 width are running 40 aspect ratio to combat this.

Are you worried about scrubbing the guards on the inside or at the top??

Check the wheels and tyres sticky threads for an explanation of what the parts of a tyre size mean.

eg. 205/45R17 = Width 205mm, Aspect ratio (sidewall height) = 45% of tyre width, R = radial tyre, 17 = wheel diameter.

Then you should be able to see that 205/45R17 has a smaller circumference than 215/45R17 because 45% of 205 is less than 45% of 215. Also, 205/45R17 is 10mm slimmer than 215/45R17 and only 10-20mm wider than your original tyres depending on which model you have so you should have no problems scrubbing on the inside.

Besides, 215/45R17 will have too great a rolling diameter, thus will mess with your speedometer, and have a negative effect on your rate of acceleration.

Guys who are running 215 width are running 40 aspect ratio to combat this.

So i need to find something that is 215/40 or 205/45 which meets the load rating :( this is so troublesome..i was just thinking get the wheels..n just put them on xD :( but even if 40 aspect ratio will it still mess with the speedometer ?

So i need to find something that is 215/40 or 205/45 which meets the load rating

YES! Exactly :toast: Good work figuring it out, people get really confused about it when it's actually more simple than you think...

this is so troublesome..i was just thinking get the wheels..n just put them on xD :( but even if 40 aspect ratio will it still mess with the speedometer ?

It won't be so troublesome if you check your tyre placard and it says that your car or a variant of your car was fitted with tyres of load rating 84. I know the placard on the pre-facelift 1ZZ's say that but you should check yours seeing as it's a facelift. 205/45 and 215/40 are easy to find in load rating 84.

You can't go wrong with 205/45 or 215/40 because they will have essentially the same rolling diameter (or negligible difference) to your standard one. In one of the sticky threads there is a link to a tyre calculator so you can prove it to yourself.

So i need to find something that is 215/40 or 205/45 which meets the load rating

YES! Exactly :toast: Good work figuring it out, people get really confused about it when it's actually more simple than you think...

this is so troublesome..i was just thinking get the wheels..n just put them on xD :( but even if 40 aspect ratio will it still mess with the speedometer ?

It won't be so troublesome if you check your tyre placard and it says that your car or a variant of your car was fitted with tyres of load rating 84. I know the placard on the pre-facelift 1ZZ's say that but you should check yours seeing as it's a facelift. 205/45 and 215/40 are easy to find in load rating 84.

You can't go wrong with 205/45 or 215/40 because they will have essentially the same rolling diameter (or negligible difference) to your standard one. In one of the sticky threads there is a link to a tyre calculator so you can prove it to yourself.

thank you so much for ur help :D tqs :D :toast:

Ok dude what you have to remember is that 45 is a percentage of the width, not a size by itself. So the width determines how tall the sidewall is. 205/45 and 215/40 are exactly the same rolling diameter. 215 is slightly wider. You have more chance of scrubbing with 215/40 than 205/45 because of the width. Height is not a problem because it's the standard rolling diameter and they're both the same.

Superlows/lows/coilovers whatever. People here have run 18" wheels and lowered their cars to 100mm off the ground with no scrubbing. You will be fine

Ok dude what you have to remember is that 45 is a percentage of the width, not a size by itself. So the width determines how tall the sidewall is. 205/45 and 215/40 are exactly the same rolling diameter. 215 is slightly wider. You have more chance of scrubbing with 215/40 than 205/45 because of the width. Height is not a problem because it's the standard rolling diameter and they're both the same.

Superlows/lows/coilovers whatever. People here have run 18" wheels and lowered their cars to 100mm off the ground with no scrubbing. You will be fine

tqs alot guys :P

• 1 month later...