What problems have you had?

Tmaster100

all i want to say is, ive got more experience compared to p platers because of driving in europe and track experience overseas. i can take a corner at 200 if its suitable for those speeds. just because i wanted my limitor removed, it doesnt mean im trying to be a hero or that im breaking the speed limit everyday and trying to be a bad image for the site and other p platers. im not saying im a pro also. everything got fired up because some people that know nothing about me thinks im a typical p plater that has crashes or gets booked here and there. im not trying to prove anything. all i want is my limitor removed. if it needs to be removed by someone else i wouldnt care. limitor off limitor on, makes no difference to me. the car has ok grunt compared to its class, so it does its job. the best way of driving fast is on the track without getting tickets and putting peoples life at tisk. and i certainly do prefer speeding on the track then on the local streets. some people just need manners and should treat other members nice before they open their mouths because im only 19 and others are over 21 with supposably more experience. peace

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but i tell you what... Mitsubishi finally hit the mark this time with the lancer...

tell me about it :spiteful: i thought the bishi brand was a gonner 6yrs ago with they had that cover up in japan re their trucks. it was all over everyone said. but they have bounced back and have done a FANTASTIC job with regaining their brand name and consumer confidence. wished ud purchase the new lancer? hehe

y were u comparing a small car to a medium cars? esp the old lancer?!

- a toyota lemon!

My wife's family mostly all own Toyota and swear by them, that is till now. It is with their disbelief the amount of problems and hand balling i have had with Toyota so by the sounds my car is certainly an isolated issue.

Thats said i went for a drive up to Mt Barker today to visit some family and in some back streets there are a few relatively bumpy roads and the car has more rattles then a baby's cot. Mostly from the dash, up where the sun glasses holder is, drivers door and something tinny in the back (brace maybe)? I had a TW Magna previously (which arent all that great in the quality department) and the Aurion has 2 - 3 times more rattles than even that. They just come from everywhere!

We have been up that same road in our CH lancer and i barely heard any rattles in that. I still beleive as it's been ripped apart (doors and entire dash) that this is the cause of most of it. I can still move the dashboard and the arch above the clock etc which all creak and crack.

Is there anyone in Adelaide with an Aurion that lives on a bumpy road?

Regrettably Toyota Australia and Jarvis Toyota collectively seem disinterested in making further contact with me regarding the replacement of this heap of crap so unfortunatley it's likely i'll trade it in December / January on something else of high quality (and it wont be a (Toy)ota). I don't want to sell it privatley unless the buyer is deaf or immune to an orchestra of creaks and rattles and / or its a warm-hot day.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

hrm... these stuff seems sooo familiar, OH ya, when i was 18(now20), i said the same thing to my friend 30 yrs old+, until i had my first accident~ small, but awakens myself...

action is better than just talking, i can get on princess fwy at 160, i believe u can do it at 180+ easy, do it and take a pic, then let us know~ will b very happy for you.

Good luck~

- a toyota lemon!

My wife's family mostly all own Toyota and swear by them, that is till now. It is with their disbelief the amount of problems and hand balling i have had with Toyota so by the sounds my car is certainly an isolated issue.

Thats said i went for a drive up to Mt Barker today to visit some family and in some back streets there are a few relatively bumpy roads and the car has more rattles then a baby's cot. Mostly from the dash, up where the sun glasses holder is, drivers door and something tinny in the back (brace maybe)? I had a TW Magna previously (which arent all that great in the quality department) and the Aurion has 2 - 3 times more rattles than even that. They just come from everywhere!

We have been up that same road in our CH lancer and i barely heard any rattles in that. I still beleive as it's been ripped apart (doors and entire dash) that this is the cause of most of it. I can still move the dashboard and the arch above the clock etc which all creak and crack.

Regrettably Toyota Australia and Jarvis Toyota collectively seem disinterested in making further contact with me regarding the replacement of this heap of crap so unfortunatley it's likely i'll trade it in December / January on something else of high quality (and it wont be a (Toy)ota). I don't want to sell it privatley unless the buyer is deaf or immune to an orchestra of creaks and rattles and / or its a warm-hot day.

Well it is, after all, a completely Australian built vehicle. Not a real built-in-Japan reliability and build quality level. You are experiencing the same issues that Corolla Sportivo owners have because their cars were built in South Africa. Judging by Falcon and Commodore, Aussie build quality ain't so hot

Well it is, after all, a completely Australian built vehicle. Not a real built-in-Japan reliability and build quality level. You are experiencing the same issues that Corolla Sportivo owners have because their cars were built in South Africa. Judging by Falcon and Commodore, Aussie build quality ain't so hot

and the fact that labour is aust cost heaps!

so not that reliable, high labour rate....

then theres closure costs if factories move overseas.

mmmm not much going for it there

but i tell you what... Mitsubishi finally hit the mark this time with the lancer...

tell me about it :spiteful: i thought the bishi brand was a gonner 6yrs ago with they had that cover up in japan re their trucks. it was all over everyone said. but they have bounced back and have done a FANTASTIC job with regaining their brand name and consumer confidence. wished ud purchase the new lancer? hehe

y were u comparing a small car to a medium cars? esp the old lancer?!

Yeah when i took it for a test drive when it was first released I was impressed especially the manual gear box, I gotta say its the best ive ever tested in cars the 2.0 engine is refined and smooth, feels heaps better than the 2.4 ltr they used on prev model. If I had the money I would have opted for the new lancer fully + more optioned, the interior was impressive comparable to other cars in its class, no more of that cheap tacky plastic they used in the previous models.

I was comparing small cars to medium to large, due to my interests and not really looking at categories, i even contemplated small to medium 4wds, I dont mind small cars for parking zipping through the city and fuel consumption, but with big cars, i can comfortably take it cruising around distances and can fit more for the occasional picnic etc. So yeah I was weighing the pros and cons to each and going back to my needs and expectations with car use going ahead.

And yeah im looking at the new lancer not the old one.

- a toyota lemon!

Umm if your taking that path, wait for new Falcon / Mazda 6? you could look at nissan maxima, or hondas e.g. Accord, their going pretty cheap atm.

Oh speaking of which another problem i just discovered with my aurion is, when i first start the car and get onto 2nd for the first time, i get a rough clunk and ***** from the gearbox, it feels pretty bad i'll need to bring it to the attention on my next service, just wondering if anybody has a similar problem?

and apart from that one of the seat rail protector (sits on the end of the rail on the backside) just popped off, i cannot plug it back on securely... :(

Edited by AcoustiK

hehe maybe its the fact of the 'she'll be right mate' work ethic.

Ive seen in a few factories here as part of a tour for my job, people tend to talk to one another, crack jokes, not giving 100% on the production segment their on.

Whereas in Japan or some other countries, workers would get slammed hard for not concentrating.

I know in Toyota Japan, they use Kaizens throughout the production chain, which is basically a principle to always improve effeciency/effectiveness throughout each individual process and processes are highly monitored.

Ive seen in a few factories here as part of a tour for my job, people tend to talk to one another, crack jokes, not giving 100% on the production segment their on.

Whereas in Japan or some other countries, workers would get slammed hard for not concentrating.

I know in Toyota Japan, they use Kaizens throughout the production chain, which is basically a principle to always improve effeciency/effectiveness throughout each individual process and processes are highly monitored.

Toyota still has the best quality of all the local manufacturers. Just check out how much problems Falcon, Commodore and Magna/380 users have experienced. Other marques, like BMW, VW, Mercedes, etc are not immune from quality issues also.

Surely in this day of age, the quality of the vehicle is not too dependent on where it is made, but the design and manufactur of its components. Remember, a lot of the components are imported. All we do here is merely assemble. Most of these components are design to fit in nicely.

hrm... these stuff seems sooo familiar, OH ya, when i was 18(now20), i said the same thing to my friend 30 yrs old+, until i had my first accident~ small, but awakens myself...

action is better than just talking, i can get on princess fwy at 160, i believe u can do it at 180+ easy, do it and take a pic, then let us know~ will b very happy for you.

Good luck~

the place for that sort of action is the track. the car will see 230 240 easy so no need to risk it and drive ridicilously dangerously in australian roadds when there are tracks 30 mins away for the cost of a family meal

Update -

It seems that now the Toyota Regional Manager is involved (about time too). I have received a call from Jarvis indicating that they want to keep fixing all these quality problems in my car to which i said no, i want it replaced. It seems that Toyota will not replace a faulty car that they produced so i suggested we talk turkey on changing the car over for a ZR6.

A Sales Manager called me up from Jarvis and advised that 9K - 11K will be needed to which i refused as this amount is just ridiculous and certainly unfair on my part considering all the crap that this car has caused. So after another phone call i am going down there tommorow (Thursday) to see if i can strike a deal to upgrade it to a ZR6.

Apparantly there is a promotion on Aurion's at the moment meaning you can pick up a SX6 for around 38K and a ZR6 for around 41K.

I will let you know what happens and if they won't be fair about the situation and i walk out without something reasonable i will be emailing the Regional Manager myself and telling him what i think about Jarvis and their cars.

- a toyota lemon!

Umm if your taking that path, wait for new Falcon / Mazda 6? you could look at nissan maxima, or hondas e.g. Accord, their going pretty cheap atm.

Oh speaking of which another problem i just discovered with my aurion is, when i first start the car and get onto 2nd for the first time, i get a rough clunk and ***** from the gearbox, it feels pretty bad i'll need to bring it to the attention on my next service, just wondering if anybody has a similar problem?

and apart from that one of the seat rail protector (sits on the end of the rail on the backside) just popped off, i cannot plug it back on securely... :(

Mine makes that clunk noise too.

apparently it says in the user manual that its suppose to make a clunk noise wen u first start up the engine and drive.

Its suppose to show that the traction contorol is working or somehting.

Check out ur user manual.

I have been keeping track of your story with great interest and you should be commended on 'sticking to your guns' as a little light seems to have shone through with your case having reached the Regional Manager.

Two things I have learnt through reading are (1) stick to your guns and (2) ask them to report it to senior management

I think all manufacturers loath to deal with these cases, but Holden and Ford seem to be more forthcoming to lesser cases albeit with help from CarsGuide, but even they can't do anything with Toyota; all they say is keep badgering them and hope that they will do something!

I'm not too sure how much the ACCC can do as I don't think there are laws to deal with such cases, which could be why manufacturers are simply doing everything through warranty as these consumer laws do exist.

All I can say, is Good Luck and hope that you and the Toyota will arrive at an agreeable settlement.

Please keep us posted as I (can't speak for everyone here) would really like to know your outcome.

-m_luke

Toyota still has the best quality of all the local manufacturers. Just check out how much problems Falcon, Commodore and Magna/380 users have experienced. Other marques, like BMW, VW, Mercedes, etc are not immune from quality issues also.

Surely in this day of age, the quality of the vehicle is not too dependent on where it is made, but the design and manufactur of its components. Remember, a lot of the components are imported. All we do here is merely assemble. Most of these components are design to fit in nicely.

Agree that Toyota is still produces the better build quality than other manufacturers, but assembly is also important, given the number of people talking about leafy noises at full blast sounds more like an assembly problem rather than individual parts (e.g. they should have secured the vent better to stop it vibrate at high speeds), many of the assembly processes are still manually done e.g. some guy with a ratchet, and are prone to error, and probably accounts to why some aurions e.g. mine dont make that leafy sound when i tested mine out.

- a toyota lemon!

apparently it says in the user manual that its suppose to make a clunk noise wen u first start up the engine and drive.

Umm tried finding it, cant seem to find it in the manual... page number?

Doesnt sound too healthy that clunk though, I can imagine reselling the car and convincing the buyer that its normal :S....

- a toyota lemon!

Umm tried finding it, cant seem to find it in the manual... page number?

Doesnt sound too healthy that clunk though, I can imagine reselling the car and convincing the buyer that its normal :S....

umm page 127 bottom right cornor under "Normal Driving Mode"

You may hear a sound in the engine compartment for a few seconds when the engine is started or just after the vehicle beings to move.

This means that the traction contorl system is in the self-check mode, but does not indicate a malfunction.

Out of interest mine makes that loud clunk also and it only happens after you take off for the first time, in my case every morning.

mine also does it. but its not loud. maybe its a safety feature. it shouldnt be loud. on mine you can only hear it if you concentrate on the car making any noises on take off.

The clunk is normal. I was concerend about it too. I had toyota look into it. Its the ABS module self testing when you first start driving.

You can confirm that its not your gearbox buy putting the car in Sports 1 mode (straight after starting it, before driving) and start driving. You will still hear the clunk as the revs build. It has nothing to do with the gear change.

I don't think it will be an issue when selling the car, as buyers would have probably test driven a few Aurions and will see that they all do it.

By reading the manual it says lasts a few seconds which what i felt was more like clunk more like something fell off or broke off barely a seconds worth and always happens from the shift from 1st to 2nd gear for the first time.

Its pretty loud you dont really need to concentrate...

Ok i'll test out sequential mode.

Edited by AcoustiK

By reading the manual it says lasts a few seconds which what i felt was more like clunk more like something fell off or broke off barely a seconds worth and always happens from the shift from 1st to 2nd gear for the first time.

Its pretty loud you dont really need to concentrate...

Ok i'll test out sequential mode.

Sounds exactly like mine. Noticeable clunk followed by a slight vibration which lasts about a second. It's more noticeable when the car is really cold in the morning.

If you put the car in Park and then turn it off, and then back on. When you put it in Drive and drive off, you will notice it again, only this time much less noticeable. You really have to listen to it when the car has already been warmed up.

I thought it was the shift too. But the testing occurs when the car hits 20km/hr. Under normal acceleration when cold the car will shift from 1st to 2nd at 20km/hr too, so it feels like the gear change making the clunk.

Hold 1st with the sequential, and you will see that it will still do it even while you stay in 1st.

I've been in a few Aurions, and they all do it. Some are louder than others. I find mine changes. Some days you can't even notice it, other days you can really notice it. It seems the colder it is the more you can notice it.

BlueAurionSX6 - be patient, but persistent. Not too long ago i had issues with a vehicle from a certain blue logo'd local manufacturer, i ended up with a replacement new car at no cost to me. It took almost 18months to get it, but i got it!!