What problems have you had?

Tmaster100

My new Aurion Prodigy has a drive train noise when cold. If you reverse when cold and then go forward, turning the steering wheel at the same time, you hear a soft clunk noise. I do not here it again until the next morning.

I rang the service manager at the local dealership, he said it was a known happening but not to be concerned. When cold the engine is reving higher and the noise is simply take up slack in the drive train at high revs. Especially evident when going from reverse to drive!

Has anyone else had this happen?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new Aurion Prodigy has a drive train noise when cold. If you reverse when cold and then go forward, turning the steering wheel at the same time, you hear a soft clunk noise. I do not here it again until the next morning.

I rang the service manager at the local dealership, he said it was a known happening but not to be concerned. When cold the engine is reving higher and the noise is simply take up slack in the drive train at high revs. Especially evident when going from reverse to drive!

Has anyone else had this happen?

I get that "clunk" noise pretty much each morning. I reverse out, then drive forward for about 5-10 metres then I get the noise. Don't even have to turn the steering wheel. I was told by the service guys checked it out and said its normal. It's got something to do with the park brake or something.

Finally heard the "leaf noise" in the air con after three weeks. It is only when the fan is on max and in the left vent of centre console. It actually is a fin rattling at a certain angle. If you change the angle the air is coming out it goes away.

Has anyone had this fixed at the dealership yet?

Surely it is a quick fix without them having to pull apart dash?

Perhaps there is a felt washer or such like missing to dampen the rattle!

Wow, this is quite a thread, sorry about all your woes Blue but kodos to you for sticking to your guns.

In my opinion, you're probably best to stick with the current car, despite its creaks and rattles because you don't know what esle you could end up with if you change up to another using more of your money to do so.

Make them sort out the quality issues, keep hounding them, it's not right for you to have to shell out more of your money to resolve problems with their product.

Wow, this is quite a thread, sorry about all your woes Blue but kodos to you for sticking to your guns.

In my opinion, you're probably best to stick with the current car, despite its creaks and rattles because you don't know what esle you could end up with if you change up to another using more of your money to do so.

Make them sort out the quality issues, keep hounding them, it's not right for you to have to shell out more of your money to resolve problems with their product.

Well he'll get a better car for sure, cant be as lemony as what he has now, and definately no more shelling out, buck stops here...!

well, had my car 3 days now, i've already run into my FIRST problem...

well, actually second. The first one is that black gets dirty SOOO freaking easily! I've been on two car cruises since getting my car and I had to wash it after each cruise, but that's not really a problem, i already knew that would happen...

however, my car's microphone has stopped working!! =(

I don't know if it has somehow disconnected itself or something, but i was working yesterday, now all of a sudden when i make phone calls... NOTHING

so not sure what has happened, but that's my little problem =(

I don't know if it has somehow disconnected itself or something, but i was working yesterday, now all of a sudden when i make phone calls... NOTHING

Good old Toyota quality cars huh? Perhaps it explains why Toy(ota) only provide 3yrs warranty with their **** products. Get with the times!

Good old Toyota quality cars huh? Perhaps it explains why Toy(ota) only provide 3yrs warranty with their **** products. Get with the times!

Hi there,

this is my first post but i've been reading the threads here for a little while now.

firstly, blueaurionsx6, i'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your car. its never a nice feeling to spend so much money on something new only to discover so many problems with it.

it's made me think long and hard about whether i want to take the plunge and buy an aurion...

however, i do think lemons are unavoidable no matter which car manufacturer it is. i know this because i've experienced such difficulties first hand with a car you normally wouldn't regard as problematic.

you see, my dad purchased his 2nd BMW X5 about 2 years ago. since he bought it, its suffered electrical problems, transmission issues, faulty warning indicators and even the rear screen wiper came loose and hung embarassingly below the rear screen.

it was in taken back to the shop on a regular basis and there are still problems poping up with it every now and then. Its so bad he no longer wishes to buy another BMW which is sad because his first X5 had no problems at all.

Its just something that is at times unavoidable.. i just hope the worst of your problems are over.

Also with regards to the 3 years warranty... it might not seem like very long, but to put things a little bit into perspective, BMW only give you 2 years!

Power window problems for me.

The left front passenger window sticks. On first opening after a few days of not being used, it will stick ? to the seals to the point of not coming down. After a few button pushes, you hear a loud unsticking noise and the window then functions normally for the rest of the day.

It will need looking at at the next service but is not too much of a hassle.

The left front passenger window sticks. On first opening after a few days of not being used, it will stick ? to the seals to the point of not coming down. After a few button pushes, you hear a loud unsticking noise and the window then functions normally for the rest of the day.

Ford had a similar issue with their Falcons a few years back. A huge majority of owners complained of the same thing. Ford came up with a band aid solution of developing/ordering a special lubricant that they apply to the window seals that stopped the windows from sticking (for a few years at least)

Have you had your windows Tinted? I had a similar problem and it turned out the be the stuff that sticks the tint to the glass.

During installation, the installer uses water and a squeegee to apply the tint, it sticks a bit like a lick on postage stamp. As the installer pushes all the water out from under the tint, some of the glue/water ends up on the rubber seal when they close the window.

The glue sticks to the seal and sometimes causes the window to jam. Get some hot soapy water and a sponge, then clean the rubber around the window opening (with the window open). You will find that you wont have the problem again.

If you don't have tinted windows then something else is the issue.

Have you had your windows Tinted? I had a similar problem and it turned out the be the stuff that sticks the tint to the glass.

No tinted windows. So can't be the problem.

If you haven't got tinted windows, it still sounds like a bit of gunk on the seal. Try cleaning it anyway.

Window could also be a bit out of alignment putting too much pressure against seal.

When travelling on the freeway, 80klm or faster, I get this lound "whir" noise from back passenger side. It only happens when there is a cross wind. I checked for loose trim on the outside of car and found a chrome strip on the window ledge fairly loose. I pulled it up and out and tightend the lug on the door skin last night. Haven't checked to see if it has worked yet. Also I have an internal rattle in the left rear passenger corner. Possibly leads going to the rear demister or antenna. Anyone else had these problems?

HAs any1 have a problem with their steering wheel alignment, mine is currently sitting a lot to the right while goin on a straight road, it's buggering me a bit considering during the 1000km service i asked them if they could have a check, they came back to me saying how when i moved the steering wheel it might have made a slight adjustment to the allignment which when i took it to the road HAH!! sif went straight back to the same setting!!. any1 had the same prob before...im just going to get a full allignment check!!

HAs any1 have a problem with their steering wheel alignment, mine is currently sitting a lot to the right while goin on a straight road, it's buggering me a bit considering during the 1000km service i asked them if they could have a check, they came back to me saying how when i moved the steering wheel it might have made a slight adjustment to the allignment which when i took it to the road HAH!! sif went straight back to the same setting!!. any1 had the same prob before...im just going to get a full allignment check!!

-1... only time I had it steering to left/right was when the tire flat or had uneven tyre pressure.

Can't believe how big this thread is! Amazed at how many problems you could have with a single car, but I guess with any manufacturer, no matter how much quality control, you can't help getting bad luck and ending up with a lemon sometimes.

I recently got one of the Aurion Touring models, and the more I drive it, the happier I am with it. I do have that strange rattling air vent noise from the middle vent, and alike everyone else who has commented on it, it only occurs on maximum fan speed setting with the vents set to central. I also have the funny clunk after changing from R to D in mornings, which is apparently just the Brake-assist system pre-charging. Other than that, I haven't had a single problem with the car and I find it a fantastic car!

It's a pity that you've had such bad luck with the car, and hopefully you will be able to get it replaced completely, as having so many problems worked on under warranty, by now from the cost of parts you would think Toyota would just replace the whole car and cut their losses! As a related note, how did you go contacting Today Tonight or A Current Affair? Were they interested in helping you out with this issue?

Edited by dave262

I found the cause of my "whir" nosie and rattle in back passenger window corner. I could reproduce the noise for my local service manager. It ended up being that the rear window had to be pulled out and resealed. Seems that air bubbles sometimes get into the sealing compound, the glass then rattles and wind gets into the cabin. They tell me I was unluckey as they have not seen this problem before. Any comments? Does someone want to move this thread to the "what problems have you had one". Thanks

My August 07 Presarra with 3K also has this "Leaf sound" when the fan is at max,

Trust me, its not a leaf. The registers rattle when they are pointed straight ahead - there's a "null" spot and nothing is holding the vents firm enough. Prolly a build up of tolerances issue, but a design fault for sure. The work around is to slightly adjust the direction of the vents - it seems to hold them better (firmer) and they dont rattle.

Edit: Should have read the full thread...its well covered before :(

Edited by Trufflepig

After owning my Aurion for a couple months now, I have come across a few small little issues - mainly just strange sounds though! No car is perfect though, and the fact that the only problems I have found relate to rattles and noises, I am very impressed!

Like many of you in this forum, I have the "leaf rattle" in the center vents, which is prevented by slightly offsetting the direction.

I also have an extremely odd rattle at idle, which seems to only come intermittent... the rattle only seems to occur when the brake pedal is down and makes a sound that from inside the car, sound like somebody sucking a bottle empty with a straw, but from the outside, sounds like metal rattling on plastic. I am hoping this issue is just the engine cover. The idle is also slightly rough, so I think this may just require some adjustment to things - especially as it is only really noticeable when fully stopped (not even rolling). Not really bothering to me, but it wasn't doing it when I first got the car, so I think something must have changed.

The rear drivers side passenger door also makes a "clunk" while it is being closed from wide open.

Only other noise is an occasional random "clunk" that sounds related to the brakes or something that makes a loud noise just when driving around a sudden corner after travelling in a straight line. I think this issue will be near impossible to locate.

Final issue is that if you are coasting and you turn a corner, the car seems to noticeably speed up just from turning the wheels, which does get really annoying, as handling gets slightly unpredictable.

Other than these small issues, the car is amazing, and it is a real pity to see what has happened to BlueSX6 and his Aurion!