What problems have you had?

Tmaster100

Yes, I did tell the dealer but two of their staff drove the car and could not find it (they used both belts)- I've found this by chance and just move the buckle away. I also have a rattle noise recently when the air-cond ON, could be something inside the air flow.

BH

I only noticed the noise rattle from the AC when it is on full blast. Any solutions?

This sounds exactly like the dreaded dashboard rattle that I had. I had exactly the same symptoms. If so, the problem is known by Toyota and is caused by a component vibrating within the actual air conditioning duct. The good news is that it can be fixed but the bad news is that they will need to pull out the entire dashboard to do it (they needed the car for two days).

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey boz, can you tell me where the weld split is? Is it in the wheel arch area or around the back window?

Thanks

hey mate,

Check the wheel arch area,Check the integrity of the sound deadening,Might have to take off the tyre?? PM me if u need help,I can correspond with the technician that did it..

Bozurolla my Aurion Prodigy has water leaking from underneath the speaker grill, ie. where the speaker grill sticks to the door. This only happens when it's raining heavily and the car has been exposed to it for 20 or so minutes. The leak happens in both the passenger and drivers side door. Has happened about 6x now since November.

I took it to the dealership who tried to reproduce the problem with no success. Mind you they did it on a 40 degree day.

YOu don't happen to have encountered this problem too?

Ive spoken to my toyota guy & he thinks it may be the door skin (panelling) thats not properly secured or fully welded (its a long shot but happens)

Hey boz, can you tell me where the weld split is? Is it in the wheel arch area or around the back window?

Thanks

hey mate,

Check the wheel arch area,Check the integrity of the sound deadening,Might have to take off the tyre?? PM me if u need help,I can correspond with the technician that did it..

Bozurolla my Aurion Prodigy has water leaking from underneath the speaker grill, ie. where the speaker grill sticks to the door. This only happens when it's raining heavily and the car has been exposed to it for 20 or so minutes. The leak happens in both the passenger and drivers side door. Has happened about 6x now since November.

I took it to the dealership who tried to reproduce the problem with no success. Mind you they did it on a 40 degree day.

YOu don't happen to have encountered this problem too?

Ive spoken to my toyota guy & he thinks it may be the door skin (panelling) thats not properly secured or fully welded (its a long shot but happens)

Thanks for that. I'll book with the dealer and mention this. Hopeful the find and fix the problem.

It rained heavily again today in Melbourne. No leaks by the time I parked inside the car park but, when I got back in the evening, there were some water droplets.

I upgraded my speakers and got the sound deadening done. Hopefully they don't get wrecked.

In regard to seat belt rattle, it may be a tension problem, I find if I have my seat belt shoulder strap adjuster on the highest position the buckle is further away from the pillar as there is more tension in the belt. Try that first and if still bangs see if they can crank up the tension in the belt to stop it banging when you do sharp turns. Check out my clearance in pics attached.

Julian, your suggestion worked! I lifted the seat belt adjustment to highest position and no more buckle banging into the pillar. Awesome, thank you. :clap:

I've also isolated my inner dash rattle to be Air Conditioning related (could be under the boot rather than dash). Not fan related, but rather A/C Motor Running related. With the fan set on setting 1 or 2, engaging the A/C (manual mode) and turning it back off again I can get the rattle happening. This is a step in the right direction, at least I can reproduce it when I take it back in for repair.

Had my dash pulled out and refitted yesterday. Early signs are that the squeaks and creaks have gone. One small problem with the "A" pillar trim getting a scratch mark, but the dealer has ordered a replacement. Had new centre console vents fitted too to stop the "leaf noise" when air con on high. Can't understand why Blue can't get his fixed under warranty like me?? Great car even though have had to put up with several warrranty fixes.

Can't understand why Blue can't get his fixed under warranty like me?? Great car even though have had to put up with several warrranty fixes.

Funny you say that.. My car goes back again for the 13th time (and the 3rd dealer) to get all these dash and console problems sorted. They have it booked in from Tuesday morning to Friday night. Strangley i found out that the car i have was detailed and then transferred to Jarvis from the dealer i am taking it to on Tuesday. It seems it was these guys who did not pre-deliver the car properly when it apparantly was their responsibility and Jarvis did not seem to care either (typical Adelaide car dealers).

I will let you know on Friday what happens but i'm not holding my breath. If it's not fixed i will be getting rid of it - period. Toyota and Jarvis can shove it up their *****.

Can't understand why Blue can't get his fixed under warranty like me?? Great car even though have had to put up with several warrranty fixes.

Funny you say that.. My car goes back again for the 13th time (and the 3rd dealer) to get all these dash and console problems sorted. They have it booked in from Tuesday morning to Friday night. Strangley i found out that the car i have was detailed and then transferred to Jarvis from the dealer i am taking it to on Tuesday. It seems it was these guys who did not pre-deliver the car properly when it apparantly was their responsibility and Jarvis did not seem to care either (typical Adelaide car dealers).

I will let you know on Friday what happens but i'm not holding my breath. If it's not fixed i will be getting rid of it - period. Toyota and Jarvis can shove it up their *****.

Well i got it back and dash had been removed for the 2nd time (or has it been 3 times?). The rattles around the dash seem better but are still there. I am starting to wonder if there is a problem with the front window seal. I'm on a hatrick... First person to have 20 warranty claims within 1yr wins 100 bucks! I reckon the money will remain in my pocket.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have an Aurion SX6 and i was just wondering if the central locking and window locking controls on the drivers door are supposed to be backlit when you turn on your headlights?

Mine isn't and it seems a bit weird that the symbols are in an illuminous white setup to be backlit.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

I have an Aurion SX6 and i was just wondering if the central locking and window locking controls on the drivers door are supposed to be backlit when you turn on your headlights?

Mine isn't and it seems a bit weird that the symbols are in an illuminous white setup to be backlit.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Pacie

We have had our ZR6 for about a month now and I was only just thinking the same thing one night whilst driving. Seemed a little strange to me that they weren't backlit along with the mirror controls. All the effort put into a great car like the Aurion and little things like this are not addressed :unsure: Still a bloddy nice car

Edited by DavoP

First person to have 20 warranty claims within 1yr wins 100 bucks! I reckon the money will remain in my pocket.

i have gone there for 6th times(although you won me at 13th times).. so, if i keep on visiting them again and again, i will keep the receipt and let u know when i get my 20th times! Keep your promise okie? :spiteful:

BUT STILL! getting my car back today, i hope i wont have the same issues again tomorrow~ :unsure:

Edited by dannywss

Funny.. Beleive it or not my car goes back for the 14th time (in 6 months) this Wednesday.

The dash has been pulled out three (3) times and they still can't fix it. Last time they lost 2 white clips on the tweeter covers and stuffed the left hand side airbag cover.

Now the drivers door has dropped too. Fark, these cars are just s-h-i-t heaps.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

i'm probally the only guy that hasnt had any big warranty probs with my sx6 just going in for the cup holders for the 3rd time they havent been replaced yet they just keep lubing the gears etc underneath this time they need to be replaced.

mine was a demo done 4400km's when i bought it on 8th jan 08 its now april and its done 15,000kms of kimberly and nt roads plus headin done motox track access roads not a problem at all no squeaks, rattles, clunks, clicks, leaf noises, leaks etc its lowered 42mm, staino rear mufflers and 18's subs and amps and still works perfect.

the other prob i had is when i took delivery of the car they couldnt find the manuals and spare keys i took the car anyway promising me the manuals would be found/replaced no probs but if wanted to be nasty its illegal for them to let me take it without manuals for safety sakes but i was cool its now april 8th and just recieved replacement manuals in the mail after many phonecalls and also got a call saying the replacement keys had just turned up and will be sent asap.

i feel sorry for ya blueaurionsx6 very unlucky owned a few toyotas now and same with my parents and not a problem unfair from the dealer obviously and toyota australia thought they'd be interested in keeping there good name intact but from me no queries.

HI..when I've got rain heavily last week in Melbourne, the car got water coming in and even more noticable when it was dry because of the water spot inside.

The area is around the wheel both of the back door (you know the area that they stick the label).

Is this happen to you as well? I think the car doesn't insulate properly hence the water will go in, even on the buttom of the door plate.

please let me know. Thanks.

Haven't had too many problems with mine, apart from the odd noise here and there.

Mine has actually been a bit of an exception though, as I had a branch come down and smash the windscreen while I was driving at 60km/h... thankfully nobody was hurt as the windscreen and roof took the brunt of the damage! It did scratch the bumper and bonnet, and dent the front edge of the roof in about 6 places however. Got everything fixed but they replaced the windscreen with a generic brand, which I forced them to replace with a genuine Toyota one when I found out, and now I have a scratched A-pillar on the drivers side and a squeak every time I go over a bump. I know where it is though, so I will just get that replaced under warranty.

The other noise I get is the typical "leaf rattle" in the center vent, which will be replaced soon, along with a front parking sensor, which has become over-sensitive since the respraying was done on the bumper, bonnet and roof... and I also have a really annoying rattle that appears randomly while idling, particularly when idling with the aircon on. I think it may be something behind the engine though, such as a cover over the exhaust. I just have to work out how to reproduce this rattle, as it is very random. Sometimes some minor tappet rattling from the engine when it's cold which doesn't bother me too much, and sometimes runs a little rough at idle, but is quite good most the time.

Everything else about the car is great and I haven't had many problems at all that cause total issues in the car. I would like to get some sound deadening for the woofers in the doors however, as the bass seems excessively "boomy" (i currently have the bass set to -3 to counter it!).

Hmm I have had one issue with my car, and that was a shudder when you started the engine. I didnt even notice it until the toyota mech told me while it was in for its first service. I am quite happy with their conduct, they noticed the problem and fixed it without me having to complain at all. They also fixed a scratch on the door caused by a tinter. All this was free, even got a courtesy car free of charge too, really happy with this dealership much better than my last guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems this thread has died?

FWIW after taking the car back to the dealer yet again the problem withthe dash/windscreen is still not fixed. It will be the 15th time in 8 months. Not bad hey?

Seems this thread has died?

FWIW after taking the car back to the dealer yet again the problem withthe dash/windscreen is still not fixed. It will be the 15th time in 8 months. Not bad hey?

Adelaide sux lol, As long it gets fixed within 3 yrs....

Did u ever consider calling the today-tonight for help? I kept all my insurance company "issues" and was reluctant to make a bigger deal out of it as i didnt have time for it, but i have decided that for next time, i will make sure i will report and sent all info to todaytonight and some other people who might be able to... ahem.. u know~

Kinda fun and lets more people understand when people wants to earn your money, you gonna experience every damn possibilities and BS~

Again, good luck mate~ From my experience from Toyota-Chadstone, everything sorta getting fixed. Again, Sam in Toyota-Lane Toyota, he suks, suks balls! Damn ***** stupid people, who are as shxt as it can be!

Did u ever consider calling the today-tonight for help? I kept all my insurance company "issues" and was reluctant to make a bigger deal out of it as i didnt have time for it, but i have decided that for next time, i will make sure i will report and sent all info to todaytonight and some other people who might be able to... ahem.. u know~

Kinda fun and lets more people understand when people wants to earn your money, you gonna experience every damn possibilities and BS~

Again, good luck mate~ From my experience from Toyota-Chadstone, everything sorta getting fixed. Again, Sam in Toyota-Lane Toyota, he suks, suks balls! Damn ***** stupid people, who are as shxt as it can be!

Danny, do you have issue with the rattle in the fan direction if you blow up very high level of your AC.

I do have this issue and toyota chadstone cannot fix it, after 2 months waiting for the part to come and replace it but I still get the same issue and then he told me yes, this is a known issue and wait till toyota come back to us and probably we will replace it in your next service.

So...what am I doing now? service told me to come that the part is arrive to fix this issue and now told me to go back home and wait for the next service hoping toyota will sort out this issue....wasting my time.

Furthermore, they forget about me because they were suppose to be to give me a call but never call me back until after 2 months i complaint how come took so long to wait for 1 part while I am sure toyota can build 1 car in 2 mths then suddently on the same day I've got a call.

Oh man...Chadstone also suck....

Anyone has issue with the rattle on the AC and has been fixed? which dealer is it (hoping in Melbourne area). Thanks.

My aurion is problem free. Obviously no car is 100% perfect, but it is close. The only problem is the sun roof makes some noises when turning on hills etc (Flexing somewhere in it). I have had this happen on other car though so not to worry. I Have had no other rattles, rubbing or squeeking that you all talk about. Its a late '06 build ZR6. About my 10th Toyota as well.

Danny, do you have issue with the rattle in the fan direction if you blow up very high level of your AC.

I do have this issue and toyota chadstone cannot fix it, after 2 months waiting for the part to come and replace it but I still get the same issue and then he told me yes, this is a known issue and wait till toyota come back to us and probably we will replace it in your next service.

So...what am I doing now? service told me to come that the part is arrive to fix this issue and now told me to go back home and wait for the next service hoping toyota will sort out this issue....wasting my time.

Furthermore, they forget about me because they were suppose to be to give me a call but never call me back until after 2 months i complaint how come took so long to wait for 1 part while I am sure toyota can build 1 car in 2 mths then suddently on the same day I've got a call.

Thanks.

If you read this forum, you can find out how to "fix" the rattle AC and the rattling dash. Let me save your time:

1. AC: try turning it to a side angle rather than straight, wala~ done.. i remember someone said that this is coz of design issue. (just try playing it around when you turn the air-con max, u will find a FEW spots that there is no sound, yes this way sounds doggy, but thats the only way..)

2. fuking noisy dash: this is wat i did, send it to a known audio or any car modifying shop, ask them to pull the dash out, and try deadening by use soft cotton/rubber stuff(i dont really know what it is called but i guess u know).. You dont have to do the whole dash, rather just use "trial and error" on some possible spots and USE YOUR EAR.. you gonna end up with less noises around.. good luck.. I ended up with 1 spot left when crossing dips.. after 1 month of doing it.. coz it takes times~

but if you wanna save the money on dash, just wait, 1 day toyota might get you the "kit" to fix the dash..

My main issue was something no aurion owner here faced. Noise from turning suspension/steering when idle and parking. Ended up fixed by chadstone toyota with a new steering kit..

About they forgetting to call you, it is normal as they have too much things to do(FUK THIS STUPID REASON.. but it is true) and dont forget that they are doing business/profit making too, so you can only hope for "reasonable" servicing, mate~ When i order the new steering kit, it took me 1 month and 1 week from Japan, and i made sure I CALL THEM MYSELF every once 3-4 days to ask if it has arrived or not.

Chadstone toyota is already better when compare to Lane toyota, try sending your car to them, u will cry. I remember once cleaned/polished/waxed to farking shinning show car looking and sent in the 2nd day, when picking up 3rd day, it was FULL OR DIRT AND SAND? coz they left it beside the road when raining overnight. :angry: and NO, they wont wash it, coz water restriction <_< Are they stupid? nah, i kinda got through it after crying n driving while going home..

Well, done writing this essay~ good luck mate~

p/s: advice you also, to ask them for written consent that they will fix the dash no matter how long it takes. Very important.. and when you not driving the car, just make the appointment and send to them..

Edited by dannywss

• 3 weeks later...

Our Presara also suffers from the dreaded A/C vent leaf rattle :angry:

Picked up the car from Nunawading Toyota (Doncaster branch) today after having the 15,000km service carried out. The service advisor said Toyota are releasing a new A/C vent next month (currently undergoing 30,000km of testing).

So the car will be back at the dealer probably in July to have the new vent installed.

Edited by Mohit

Mine goes back for the 15th time this week to have the entire dash pad (dashboard), entire console, glovebox, airbags and all the trim up the front replaced to see if they fixes the countless squeaks and rattles in my car. I again asked for a new car and still no joy and this was organised after a meeting at the Toyota Regional Office here in Adelaide.

I took it up to the riverland over the last 4 days and i almost traded in the car. Just unbeleivable.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6