What problems have you had?

Tmaster100

Had my dash pulled out for the second time. They have a new fix kit, it is heaps better than the first fix, hope it lasts.

Also had roof seem sealed for second time due to water getting in under long black trim on roof running from front to rear screen. Dealer also said they are waiting for a new a/c vent kit to fix the leaf sound permanently. 15000 klms and 5 months later, car is almost right!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my dash pulled out for the second time. They have a new fix kit, it is heaps better than the first fix, hope it lasts.

Also had roof seem sealed for second time due to water getting in under long black trim on roof running from front to rear screen. Dealer also said they are waiting for a new a/c vent kit to fix the leaf sound permanently. 15000 klms and 5 months later, car is almost right!

I have just had my dash pulled out and it was fitted with the modified modification and now for the first time in 20 months there is not a sound comming from the dash even on dirt roads you cannot tell it has been out.I also have had the base of the consoul replaced earlier this year because I suspect it was tightened down too hard during manufacture and the area around the bolts had cracked, both done with no argument by my local Toyota Dealer.

Wow. Read this thread (well most of it) last night and I really feel for you Blue. I had an XR6 with a similar number of problems. I bought it from Surfside Ford on The Gold Coast. They were useless. I went to Ford Aust and lucky for them they are in SA. I felt like driving the car through someones office. I went to Sunshine Ford and they were brilliant. Nothing was a problem. I could drop in unannounced and they would look at the car there and then, diagnosis the problem and book it in to be fixed. They got to know my rego without even looking it up. Every now and then I would throw a carton in the boot for them.

The same thing has happened with my Aurion. I bought it from Grand Motors. The build quality is rubbish. The car had a paint defect. The carpet was bubbled and edges were hanging out from under some of the plastics. A couple of the plastic door moulds did not fit correctly. The cup holder cover jambs. It has the leaf noise in the centre vents. The car has the early morning clunk when you 1st take off. The gearbox sometimes gets confused, over revs then finds a gear. The dash rattles and now the car has brake shudder. After getting sick of butting heads with Grand Motors and being made to feel like everything is my fault I took the car to Hinterland Toyota. They are working with me to fix all the problems with as little incovenience as possible. Next week the car goes in to have the dash rattles and brake shudder fixed and hopefully that will be it.

Finding the right people and the right dealership makes a big difference and you would be amazed what a carton will get you.

The only problem i have had with mine is with the CD/head unit.

Sometimes the volume knob on it won't work, then sometimes it won't let me feed a cd into it, there is weird text on the screen some mornings............has a servicing in about 3 months time, I want something done about it.

Does any1 has problem with watermarks just right below the front door, both driver and passenger sides..

I'm Wonderin where It's comin from..

It slowly fades the colour away...=(

I need to get a significant number of creaks and noises fixed on mine... including that "leaf-rattle" sound from the center vent. Oddly enough though, I don't have any noise from the center console... only the dash.

I do however have some significant gear-changing lag between 1-2 which drives me up the wall! It takes literally about 2 seconds under hard acceleration for it to change gears and makes a huge lurch after the change. Does anybody else have this happen too?

I wonder if anyone gets that 'electronic' weezzzzz when the aircon is on? Its noticeable when the aircon or fan is on and u turn the music off...

Cheers

I wonder if anyone gets that 'electronic' weezzzzz when the aircon is on? Its noticeable when the aircon or fan is on and u turn the music off...

Cheers

I also get water marks under my doors else well?

And the gear changes does take time to change?

Cheers

Are referring to the slow gear changes under operating temperature, such as when you put your foot down to make it drop a gear? In that case, that is part of the design of this car. I think it changes slower to give a smoother gear change, which I must admit is pretty damn smooth.

Cheers

Are referring to the slow gear changes under operating temperature, such as when you put your foot down to make it drop a gear? In that case, that is part of the design of this car. I think it changes slower to give a smoother gear change, which I must admit is pretty damn smooth.

Ohhh its when you want it to drop back a gear..

No complaints from me, My Aurion is just beautiful all round...

My car has finally developed the dashboard rattle everyone is complaining about, i will wait till my 7.5K service to get it done. I will let you guys know how they respond, although my dealer has actually been quite good about fixing things.

Cheers

I get the typical lag when dropping down a gear which from what i can tell is the ECU doing heaps of planning before doing significant acceleration... The lag I am referring to is between 1st and 2nd only when trying to accelerate quickly from slower speeds. It seems to take a good 2-3 seconds just to complete the shift between the two gears, but every other gear change after there is as smooth as silk :S

Cheers

I get the typical lag when dropping down a gear which from what i can tell is the ECU doing heaps of planning before doing significant acceleration... The lag I am referring to is between 1st and 2nd only when trying to accelerate quickly from slower speeds. It seems to take a good 2-3 seconds just to complete the shift between the two gears, but every other gear change after there is as smooth as silk :S

Yes but i get it also at higher gears, Toyota has reassured its all about driving habits and the ECU learning from them, WIth petrol going up and up, i tend to drive granny style nowadays and get around 9.6ltrs/100 day to day driving... So I really notice it lag when i decide to give it a boot now and then.

All good from the service and with the leafy rattle Melb City Toyota has requested the mod fix for it, and got confirmation by SMS thats its arrived in the dealer and want me to book a time for them to put it all under warranty of course.

Cheers

Yes but i get it also at higher gears, Toyota has reassured its all about driving habits and the ECU learning from them, WIth petrol going up and up, i tend to drive granny style nowadays and get around 9.6ltrs/100 day to day driving... So I really notice it lag when i decide to give it a boot now and then.

All good from the service and with the leafy rattle Melb City Toyota has requested the mod fix for it, and got confirmation by SMS thats its arrived in the dealer and want me to book a time for them to put it all under warranty of course.

So why do i get water marks under my doors? Does anyone else get the marks?

water marks under door?

yeah its been raining here at Sydney and I do see dirty water drops under the door

I believe many cars get them, you just have to clean it if it matters to you

regarding electronic weezzzzz from aircon

I didn't t notice it

but I notice a faint hum/wez sound when I switch the car on to light up the dash

Well i thought i would post up some results from my 10 month dilemma i have had with the Aurion.

I ended up in contact with the Toyota Regional Office and had a face to face meeting a few weeks ago. I could tell the employee (David) was rather concerned with my complaints and the 5 page report i submitted to him. Shortly after he had arranged for a huge inventory of parts to be shipped to a dealer including a new dash pad (dash board), full console, all front airbags and covers, tweeter grills, various seals, airconditioning valves all new clips and a host of other stuff. David also ensured an open cheque book for the dealer to replace anything they felt neccessary without further questioning or delay.

After three days of work i picked up the car and it's as quiet as a mouse. The dashboard no longer can be moved and the console is a tighter then it was when i bought the car. There are no rattles at all and the car feels a pleasure to drive, finally! I should add the dealer was fantastic throughout the entire process (CMI Eastside) and they remained in full contact with me, took the time to come for a drive to hear the complaints and to subsequently fix them once and for all. They also provided me with a free current model loan car over the three days without hesitation.

EDIT - The problem is back. It appears that Toyota just cannot fix this car. Off to get some legal advice right now.

Good to hear you finally got results, sounds pretty stressful

The only complaint i have with my car so far is a dash noise over rough surfaces from the front right of the dash, sounds like a clips been left out or something? and the dash is tapping against itself

any one else has this issue? any DIY fixes?

okay... so i have one complaint... but it may just be my own fault...

one BOTH sides of my car on the side skirts there is a little discolouration... it looks like when the paint fades...

i've washed the car and dried it and the marks are still there.... it looks like when water runs down the sills of the doors and escapes from the bottom but it dries before you can clean it... but the marks stays there... :huh:

anyone else seen anything like this? i'll try and post a pic of it...

okay... so i have one complaint... but it may just be my own fault...

one BOTH sides of my car on the side skirts there is a little discolouration... it looks like when the paint fades...

i've washed the car and dried it and the marks are still there.... it looks like when water runs down the sills of the doors and escapes from the bottom but it dries before you can clean it... but the marks stays there... :huh:

anyone else seen anything like this? i'll try and post a pic of it...

Now That's what I'm Talkin about..

U the man..

Now... Any solver?

Edited by VF-X

My old car did the same thing, good cleaning products will remove the marks

Claybar, prewax cleaner or something

Does the water come down evry once in a while?

Coz i think I cleaned it but it seems to appear again..

Yea with my old car its caused by any water thats running off the roof, down the b pillar etc

water drying in that spot

Will happen with rain, after washing the car, or even dew run off in the morning, very annoying, particular noticeable on darker cars

Not alot you can do to stop it unfortunately :(