Any new Kluger owners out there

mrbishi

Nah, I have each album in a seperate folder. As an example:

Foo Fighters - Echo's Silence Patience & Grace

Foo Fighters - The Colour And The Shape

Powderfinger - Internationalist

Each disc has a folder for each album with the corresponding MP3's in each folder. Some times when I press the button to display the Audio Player the Folder List button is greyed out and other times it is available. This occurs on multiple CD's. I can still navigate up/down the folders. Anyone else get this?

Mine does not work because I have some not workable characters (ie Japanese and Chinese characters) on them. So they won't so up. Songs with English titles should be ok... since my children's Hi-5 songs are fine.

Can anyone give me any info on the voice recognision operation of the phone system in the Kluger Grande sat/nav?

Taymor Welcome.

I guess I speak on the Grande's behalf coz I don't know how the KX-S work or even have this function.

You have to enter the voice recognition the same way you do for some Mobile Phone. So you go to the stored phone number in the car (enter edit via phone book. And choose the number you want to add voice to). The voice recogition set up is in the bottom of the screen. Follow the prompt (speak clearly to record). And you will be set to go. The car need you to speak more than 2 seconds for each clip, but I found this function appaulingly bad. I meant they can recognised "wife mobile" into "Balwyn Home" <_<

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine does not work because I have some not workable characters (ie Japanese and Chinese characters) on them. So they won't so up. Songs with English titles should be ok... since my children's Hi-5 songs are fine.

Just delete the jap/chinese (unreadable) characters from the folder name then burn it to the disc. Should work fine then.

Having said that, I've got no problem reading with jap/chinese characters folder names in my aurion.

Having said that, I've got no problem reading with jap/chinese characters folder names in my aurion.

That will be a big bonus if I know how to see the characters. I currently use iTune to burn it and folders works fine, just there is no name to them.

Hey all..

New member hear joining the Toyota ranks :)... I've just placed an order on a Tidal Blue Grande with front/rear sensors, and tow pack.

I'll be selling me beloved Subaru GT Liberty.. Will miss my Suby but due to the two kids taking up the back seat etc I need more ROOM!

Anyway cant wait till it arrives and cant wait to start hacking into the Sat Nav screen :). In my Sub GT I installed a Car PC with touch screen, tv, gps etc but the WAF factor = 0 :/

Will be interested in the following hacks as some have already mentioned :)

- DVD on the SatNav

- Video Input on SatNav :)

- IPOD Input

- Divx for the Rear DVD Entertainment System :) ( Even if it means replacing the existing unit )

On a side note can any Tidal Blue email me some nice pics to troyee at gmail dot com? I need to drool over it until mine arrives :D

Hey all..

New member hear joining the Toyota ranks :)... I've just placed an order on a Tidal Blue Grande with front/rear sensors, and tow pack.

On a side note can any Tidal Blue email me some nice pics to troyee at gmail dot com? I need to drool over it until mine arrives :D

Hey dude... welcome!

Get in touch with arnold, she might be able to help... -> http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry207776

On the topic of minor mods/add-ons :rolleyes: .. Any other Kluger owners notice the crappy exhaust tip :angry: that's underneath the rear boot. It's a shame compare to CX-9 and the like.. I'm not a fan of car modding but any suggestion for the right accessory to buy? :idea:

is it just one of this? Many thanks.

http://www.burgdesign.com.au/catalogue/pro...26aaf7b74f4ef...

Its always good to dream

Good choice on colour

The GT's a better drivers car get ready for a big change (I own a XT with a PC in it we are rare people)

Edited by PC XT

On the topic of minor mods/add-ons :rolleyes: .. Any other Kluger owners notice the crappy exhaust tip :angry: that's underneath the rear boot. It's a shame compare to CX-9 and the like.. I'm not a fan of car modding but any suggestion for the right accessory to buy? :idea:

is it just one of this? Many thanks.

http://www.burgdesign.com.au/catalogue/pro...26aaf7b74f4ef...

If you are game Tae, you can cut the tip of the stock exhaust tip and weld a 3" pipe in :yahoo: . Or go genuine...

exhausttip_lg.jpg

Link here http://www.toyota.com/highlander/accessories.html.

This is the CX-9's

design_exhaust.jpg

Edited by takahashi

If you are game Tae, you can cut the tip of the stock exhaust tip and weld a 3" pipe in :yahoo: . Or go genuine...

This is the CX-9's

design_exhaust.jpg

Thanks Takahashi... Drooling on the CX-9 one.. lol.. :P

anyway... so if I want to go genuine, do I have to order direct from the state? or can I ask the local dealer to order it? that Body Side Molding <_< looks good too.. hehe...

anyway... so if I want to go genuine, do I have to order direct from the state? or can I ask the local dealer to order it? that Body Side Molding <_< looks good too.. hehe...

I am looking for a dealer in the US who is willing to shift overseas. Keep hunting.

Discovered my problem with the "Folder List" not showing sometimes. As a safety feature this is disabled when the car is in motion! It pays to read the manual. Thanks to the wife!

h o w t o r e p l y ? ? ?

:help:

Discovered my problem with the "Folder List" not showing sometimes. As a safety feature this is disabled when the car is in motion! It pays to read the manual. Thanks to the wife!

h o w t o r e p l y ? ? ?

:help:

OK - worked it out I think.

Ordered our new Kluger 2 weekes ago for delivery in March 08. Using Web Tracker to follow it's progress.

As I said in my post, I just hope the new models are as good as my current CVX. It has been faultless!

This is the CX-9's

design_exhaust.jpg

just wondering if anyone has done a comparison of the kluger grande vs cx9?

just wondering if anyone has done a comparison of the kluger grande vs cx9?

Not at the moment.

I think the CX-9 is compare well with an KX-S since they have no Sat Nav (yet), no DVD, no smart entry, no power rear door, not a constant 4WD, no hill ascent and hill descent features (so it is less of a off roader)

Blue tooth is optional but not integrated to the audio unit. So it is more like the KX-S.

The engine has more torque and power than Kluger's engine but drinks more (13L/100km). My RX-8 quoted 12,6L and let me tell you .....

The car drives better on the road but it feels twice as big, just because it is longer in the front makes in visibly longer inside.

I am looking forward to an official report.

Here

861e747b.jpg

oh heaven!!!!!!!!

i love it!!! :toast:

that pic is a beauty should most definately be in the calender when we eventually make it.

wow where was that taken????

i wanna go there :D

Hi all, I ordered my Crystal Pearl AWD Grande in October and was told February delivery which has now now been pushed back to March :(. Glad I found this forum for my Kluger 'fix' as I'm getting very impatient!!!

Does the GPS have voice direction and can the navigation software be upgraded?

Edited by Cookie

Hi all, I ordered my Crystal Pearl AWD Grande in October and was told February delivery which has now now been pushed back to March :(. Glad I found this forum for my Kluger 'fix' as I'm getting very impatient!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, hope the wait passes quickly.

Im amazed how long delivery is taking now, at first it was about 4-6 weeks only in Sept, now its months but the wait will be worth it.

At least youll get an 08 model..

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, hope the wait passes quickly.

Im amazed how long delivery is taking now, at first it was about 4-6 weeks only in Sept, now its months but the wait will be worth it.

At least you'll get an 08 model..

Who cares about an 08 when you have to walk everywhere :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just ordered a '08 Kluger Grande AWD today from privatefleet.com.au. After looking at some of the deals people have mentioned on this forum I won't be boasting about the price I'll be paying!! I've paid the dposit but not signed the agreement so perhaps I can still negotiate!

A couple of things that existing owners may be able to assist with:

a) Park assist sensors. I did not see this as an option on the website/brochure. The other half has used these in my X5 and has got used to them. Is this a dealer fit? How much?

B) iPod integration. I take it that is not possible?

As a general point I can't believe this car comes with as many standard options as it does. Even though I'll be paying over the odds it is still a fantastic deal when compared to an X5 with the same options.

As a general point I can't believe this car comes with as many standard options as it does. Even though I'll be paying over the odds it is still a fantastic deal when compared to an X5 with the same options.

Wise man have spoken. I have met a few people get their Kluger without much discount from Toyota from the RPP. Yes it will be close to $70K. I think it is going to be a bell curve and I am sitting right in the middle ;).

Mate, wellcome! Private fleet still have to earn your money and let them be. Get a good car and good service from them.

Park assist sensors. I did not see this as an option on the website/brochure. The other half has used these in my X5 and has got used to them. Is this a dealer fit? How much?

iPod integration. I take it that is not possible?

It is aftermarket and depends what your dealer use. I found most dealer are using the same thing in Melbourne and they are bfugly. I am sorry my lang but it is so substandard for the $1000 they are going to charge. I decide not to have it even it could have been free from the deal. I can spend $500 for a cool unit overseas. Just saw my cousin's one in Hong Kong, aftermarket, the display and beep make you feel like a fighter pilot.

iPod integration. There are ICE units and they work well with other Toyota and many models, but we have to find out which one works for your car. They are US and I suspect that the US Highlander uses the different headunit. Once I am able to find out the spec of the unit. I will post something in the US forum and I will see I can get some ICE unit installed.

Wellcome! I don't believe how many Grande are there now. When I remember the old Kluger most people go for the CVX or CV. It is such a change.

GPS has the best voice direction there is. I conclude that after I have use some other portable units like Garmin and Tom Tom. It is closer to Tom Tom style when they give you good direction over voice and the update is SO FAST! The map is so accurate in town and the GPS signal is so strong that I can even turn in the exact spot in the corner of a CBD street. Perfect. I used to miss a turn and get redirected in the Garmin.

Yes it can get updated. Just buy the new DVD when it comes out. I am trying to get them that I am going off road at 100kmh when I do the Tullamarine Bypass and the Pakenham bypass.... I will call them non-stop when the Eastlink is out haha :yahoo: