calendar discusion

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POST SOME QUALITY PICS!!!

Exactly... The rules were specified: high res pics must be available. Only 5 or 6 of those pics are worthy of a TOCAU calendar. Some have great cars with sh!t backgrounds, some have great backgrounds and sh!t cars, some have poor lighting, too much lighting, poor quality, bad photography...

I think something we have to realise here is that people love any photo of their own car, be it filthy, pixelated, dark, whatever.

I know it's not possible but the sort of quality we're looking for would require a sole photographer to do the work. Evidently not everybody can capture shots like Northy or have a car as hot as Brandon's.

man i would definately vote for this one. i like the camera skills used with the background.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Lots of people have hot cars but that is not enough. You need a hot clean car AND good photography skills (Likewise, good photography is useless without a good clean car - not necessarilly a modified car as proven by Stock). I'm not paying anyone out because I may not posess either of those things, I'm just stating that if all the pics aren't of Stock/BigBum/Northy quality (and some others are great too this is just off the top of my head) then the calendar is going to be very unappealing.

Also, those doing group shots - be careful! If 1 car in a shot of 10 has dirty wheels (example) then the pic is ruined.

man i would definately vote for this one. i like the camera skills used with the background.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Lots of people have hot cars but that is not enough. You need a hot clean car AND good photography skills (Likewise, good photography is useless without a good clean car - not necessarilly a modified car as proven by Stock). I'm not paying anyone out because I may not posess either of those things, I'm just stating that if all the pics aren't of Stock/BigBum/Northy quality (and some others are great too this is just off the top of my head) then the calendar is going to be very unappealing.

Also, those doing group shots - be careful! If 1 car in a shot of 10 has dirty wheels (example) then the pic is ruined.

I beg to differ here... If you have a rally car, you photograph it DIRTY ;) :P

Or a Hilux in the middle of a state forest :toast:

:lol::lol::lol:

Dirty with dirt and mud yes, but not brake dust and fingerprints :P

Why don't we form a panel (a few people with a bit of photography experience) to sort through the submissions and remove/reject the ones that's not calender material, (they maybe nice pics, but not suitable for a calender). I agree that if the calender is half filled with unappealing pictures, then not many people is going to buy it.