The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

I need to install my rear sway bar.

I can do it myself, but buying the jack, wheel wedges and stands will set me back about $70.

Or I can have it installed professionally for anwhere between $40-$100.

What should I do? Anyone in Perth with the right tools for the job?

Don't even need a jack, just back it up to a curb (from the top) you just need to jack it up to be able to get under it. The swaybar itself is independent of any other moving parts so if you can get to the 2 bolts you can get it out.

Of course, it can be done easier if you jack it up and take the rear wheels off, because you get better access though.

Next question:

After crossing the Nullarbor for the 7th time, I finally had the pleasure of using a pressure cleaner. I want one!

Anyone know of a good pressure cleaner, and what sort of pressure (PSI) should I look at? Common sense tells me to buy the high pressure, and dial it back...

I need to install my rear sway bar.

I can do it myself, but buying the jack, wheel wedges and stands will set me back about $70.

Or I can have it installed professionally for anwhere between $40-$100.

What should I do? Anyone in Perth with the right tools for the job?

done mine took 40 mins.. used jack in boot and blocks.. easy to get nuts off hard to do up..

Is it safe enough to use the boot jack? I've had a jack failure in the past that almost took my foot off, so I'm scared :(

Otherwise I'll give it a try.

The other thing is, with the whiteline rear sway being installed on a 05 sportivo, do you need bushings, cos none came with it...

Whats a noob ?? lol... j/k I'm also a member of ausmini.com and have well over 2000 posts on that one as I bought a rolla I thought it only fitting to join here.

Where can I get lowered ashtrays from? (Not joking I've seen this one on another forum been asked and I guess similar has been asked here too)...

I like this thread as it means as a newbie noob to the world of toyota and in particular rolla's I can asked without being FLAMED

Is it safe enough to use the boot jack? I've had a jack failure in the past that almost took my foot off, so I'm scared :(

The other thing is, with the whiteline rear sway being installed on a 05 sportivo, do you need bushings, cos none came with it...

My car is lowered and I can swap mine in 5mins without jacking it up. But I'm not exactly fat so I can fit under easily :P

Its a 3/4" nut, which is something like 19 or 20mm in the normal system, but since it is torqued up so high (140Nm) you might need a breaker bar as well as another 3/4" spanner/socket to go over the bolt to stop it from spinning.

Edited by SuperDave

Ok, genuine question here - and no, i don't plan on doing this to my car...

If it is possible to use two turbo chargers in unison, is it also possible to have a twin super charger setup? Or would that, by itself, consume too much engine power to make it worthwhile?

My car is lowered and I can swap mine in 5mins without jacking it up. But I'm not exactly fat so I can fit under easily :P

Its a 3/4" nut, which is something like 19 or 20mm in the normal system, but since it is torqued up so high (140Nm) you might need a breaker bar as well as another 3/4" spanner/socket to go over the bolt to stop it from spinning.

1) I'm fat and could still fit under the unjacked car! I chocked the front wheels though, and used that boot jack to support the middle-rear support just for safety. All weight removed from boot.

2) Took waaaaay longer than 5 minutes, though I think in future it could be done. I had some difficulty aligning the holes etc.

3) A 19mm is perfect, breaker bar wasn't really needed (me strrrrrong), and a wrench was needed to hold the bolt from spinning. A ratchet was helpful/

4) What are those wires/cables attached next to the nuts? Their brackets kept getting in the way...

All done! Thanks guys! Sarah bought me a new ratchet/socket set for my efforts (that's love for you)- but I'm ashamed to say its the HSV brand (but it comes with a lifetime warrantee, and was a good price).

If it is possible to use two turbo chargers in unison, is it also possible to have a twin super charger setup? Or would that, by itself, consume too much engine power to make it worthwhile?

For a Rolla Stivo?

For a Rolla Stivo?

HAHA - Dude, I'm not planning on doing this to ANY car! I wouldn't even know what I'm looking at...

I'm just asking in theory - is it possible, what would it involve, what sort of performance would you see etc etc... Are there even any cars that use such a setup?

that's one on each bank though...

you can get what's called twin screw superchargers which is basically like a sequential twin turbo setup when one screw spools up then the second spools up more. They have been fitted to 4A-GZEs in the past with good success.

I'm posting this speaker question here in case i get flamed and be told to use the search function of the forum. I have used the search and I cannot find anything regarding the front speaker size and pre-existing hole, in a 1992 rolla (stock stereo). I also searched as to where the best spot would be to fit rear speakers in as well. It's a hatch so i don't exactly want to cut into the board so I was thinking the rear doors is this possible?? I don't have any central locking or power windows.

I have my eye on getting two sets of Jaycar 5" response precisions kevlar coaxial 's and attaching them to an old Pioneer deck. But just wanted some advice on whether they'd fit into the pre-existing holes under the dash for the fronts and where to place the rears as mentioned above.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm posting this speaker question here in case i get flamed and be told to use the search function of the forum. I have used the search and I cannot find anything regarding the front speaker size and pre-existing hole, in a 1992 rolla (stock stereo). I also searched as to where the best spot would be to fit rear speakers in as well. It's a hatch so i don't exactly want to cut into the board so I was thinking the rear doors is this possible?? I don't have any central locking or power windows.

I have my eye on getting two sets of Jaycar 5" response precisions kevlar coaxial 's and attaching them to an old Pioneer deck. But just wanted some advice on whether they'd fit into the pre-existing holes under the dash for the fronts and where to place the rears as mentioned above.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

i tried searching for "1992 corolla seca" in cardomain and came up with this link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/668467/1

this dude has 4inch jbls for the front speakers... not sure if thats the same size as stock, but if u are thinking bout putting 5" in there, you might want to crack open your door panel to see it up close 2 see if you can replace it directly without using spacers no your door panels.

jase

Of course gaze at the clip in it's awesomeness, BUT...

also check the douchebag that I managed to fire up in the comments. Meh, I was really bored and couldn't handle someone saying that a s/c 2zz sounds like a sewing machine, so I thought I'd put on my rambo band and go all Keyboard Warrior on him :P

I think he belongs in this thread.

Edited by bADbOYz

uber work Nelson.

I'm yet to work out why people go out of there way to look at something they obviously don't like and gets them worked up enough to whinge about it. For example: I'm not a Holden man, so I don't go looking at Holden videos. Hence why any comments on my videos on youtube require me to check them before they go up. You'd be suprised at how many people seem to like forcing there views on others.