The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

Was just downloading some music from itunes onto my ipod and all of a sudden my ipod has gone blank and wont work,turned it on & off several times and nothing,blank screen :(

any ideas?

there's a way to reset it,

i think you hold down the middle button and the top botton or something, not too sure, but i think the apple website should have the info

Hey Lee. What iPod are we referring to here? If you have an iPod Touch which has the HOME button on it, connect the power adapter and then try holding down both the POWER and the HOME button at the same time for at least 10 seconds or until an Apple logo hopefully appears. Otherwise, if that fails, you may need to put it in "DFU mode" which you can fund by YouTubing a tutorial.

If you don't have an iPod Touch, instructions on how to reset other models are available here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

Thanks for the advice/info fellas would have given it a go but when i woke up this morning the good woman had already got it working while i was snoozing last night,it was sitting beside my lunch all ready to go this morning,i'm so blessed to have a woman of her calibre. :D

and Daryl it's a Nano

• 2 weeks later...

Why are Facebook, Google and MSN/Bing showing as members online and can't click on them? Just curious, was looking at the locked defect thread and showing FB also reading it

^ same question for the facebook,(their status updates)

uhmm i htink its the fans that have "liked" the page on facebook or something... that added them here ?

Why are Facebook, Google and MSN/Bing showing as members online and can't click on them? Just curious, was looking at the locked defect thread and showing FB also reading it

It is to do with the search engine daemons scouring the internet and updating their cache or something

If you are directed to the forum via a search engine or though a link posted on someone's Facebook page etc, the forum will recognise where you have been directed from and will display that source in the online/viewing list.

Also what Hiro said.

Just remove the link that connects to the image within the quote John.

It used to be like that but now it's the quote and the image showing, i'm sure i missed something

In the new editor where the image is displayed, just click once on the image to select it and then hit the backspace key. Otherwise, if they have added the photo via the attachment function, you can delete a photo by removing the reference that looks like:

[attachment=<blah>]

You need to look at the original post though and count which one you want to delete (they are listed in order shown), or click on the original image to see its name.

Thanks, I'm back :( how do I remove an image from someones post when want to reply to it ? I hate seeing same pic over and over..

Ask a mod :)

unless its about john's new mods, i'm sure he doesn't want to look for it when he can see it posted 10 times within a page LAWL :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hai guys,

ive been told that a staggered rim set eg [ 18x8 fronts & 18x9 rear ] is "bad" for FWD cars for "handling purposes" ? ive seen quite a few people have either the same or close sort of fitment on their fwd cars, more or less 0.5-1 width of a difference...

Do i have to worry about it that much ?

Thx :]

Okay so i have two questions they might be stupid or they may not be depending on who you are.

I am getting so confused about people and car systems my mind is getting over blown with what people think are good and whats bad. I've got an 04 stivo and not sure what system to put in, can someone just give me a brief complete system? The brand etc.

- Sub ( only want one 12 inch )

- Amp

- head unit ( touch screen )

Also i was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the most suitable coilovers for a stivo are and arn't to pricey?

Thanks!

Okay so i have two questions they might be stupid or they may not be depending on who you are.

I am getting so confused about people and car systems my mind is getting over blown with what people think are good and whats bad. I've got an 04 stivo and not sure what system to put in, can someone just give me a brief complete system? The brand etc.

- Amp

Also i was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the most suitable coilovers for a stivo are and arn't to pricey?

Thanks!

It's normal to be confused :D :D :D

There are no definite answer to a good or a bad systems as systems sounds different in different cars. It really comes down to personal preference and budget $$$$$$

I have learnt a lot from: http://www.termpro.com/

Read into the 'forum" and "how to car stereo" tabs ;) and also, should attend some competitions and hear it for yourself.

Do not let someone dictate what is good or bad~!

Can't help you with coilovers as I am not a fan of them.

- Amp

Thanks!

It's normal to be confused :D :D :D

There are no definite answer to a good or a bad systems as systems sounds different in different cars. It really comes down to personal preference and budget $$$$$$

I have learnt a lot from: http://www.termpro.com/

Read into the 'forum" and "how to car stereo" tabs ;) and also, should attend some competitions and hear it for yourself.

Do not let someone dictate what is good or bad~!

Can't help you with coilovers as I am not a fan of them.

Can anyone help me with coilovers/springs?

Thanks heaps! Just been asking around with what system people have and its got me all confused with what sounds good and whats crap :wacko:

speakers are very important part of the sound system. u need to get speakers that can take more than what the amplifier and the headunit can together can put out. that way you will be sure to take out the best of thesound system.

no point in getting a very good HU and amp set up when you going to get cheap speakers.

i have always used pioneer as it has done me well for almost the past decade and still going strong in my wifes n15. ive just bought an alpine but havent got time to install it. speakers that are in my car now would still be a good set up but we will see with this new HU. might need to upgrade soon as well :lol:

the only reason i got rid of it was because it didn't have bluetooth... otherwise i would still got it running in my car :)

with coils the best budget ones would be the BC BRs from OTR in clayton south. i have never had any problems with them so far.

• 4 weeks later...