The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

• 4 weeks later...

If a stationary Highway Patrol (driver inside) doesn't pull you over, generally does it mean you are in the clear? Or can you expect a fine/will they just issue the fine through the mail?

Edited by Jims Bond

normally hwp will pull you over if they catch you speeding... the vans are the ones to watch... but i guess if the cop was lazy and took your plates you *might* get a fine.

• 4 months later...

Hi! Somebody said that the Aurion does not hold the gear in S mode.

What is "to hold the gear"?

Cheers

AB

'Hold gear' means to not change gear. It holds or stays in the selected gear but the aurion does not even though it seems that way on the screen that tells you what gear you are in. For example, if a car that does hold gears is put in 4th, even if you plant your foot, it won't downshift or upshift till you make the input whereas in the aurion if you select 4th it will downshift if you plant your foot. In the latter case it means the aurion uses gears 1-4 Edited by mmm_sx6

Does anyone know where to mount jack stands on an aurion? The stands have this sort of shape at the top where the car is supposed to rest. \___/ .and I get the feeling that if I put the stands on the normal mounting points, it will snap or bend something because of the shape

• 10 months later...

What is this inside the red. We're in the front passenger wheel arch, coilover is in the middle, grease is being spun onto the metal in front as well (top left of red line).

car_zps8c9dfb64.jpg

Looks to me like you have suffered the effects of lowering your car :lol:. Not to say it was caused by it, but these things happen sooner in those cases.

Have fun.

Edited by Tard

Had Superpro front control bushings installed for the pull to left issue, there is a slgith gap between the main large round bushing and smaller top part, shouldn't this be completely pushed together so that dirt doesn't get into the centre of the bushing?

IMG_6736_zps79edfb91.jpg

Inner CV/tripod joint

Do you know if it is just the case of tightening the clip to the narrow end of the rubber cover...or is this a replacement thing?

Anything else I might need to know.

Thank for the quick reply btw

@ Tard - Yup, I've found lowering tends to cause all sorts of problems lol ^_^

Edited by shittywok

Check that the boot isn't split somewhere - no point tightening clips/clamps if the leak is coming from a tear just behind it.

Funnily enough on my Aurion, the same clamp lost its tension. It had been a rather long time since Toyota serviced it so I gathered that it could have come loose from non-maintenance.

To tighten the, you need the proper tool. You can get them from eBay for cheap but just have to wait for delivery. I didn't have the time and used a good cable tie. Did the job quite well.

But yeah, just double check for tears.

• 1 month later...

Ok so a 2007 sx6 aurion does not have the ability to display the litre's per 100 k's on the optitron display thingy?. The reason I ask is because I was going through the Fuel Usage thread and saw a few people take photos of their optitron displays with their fuel usage written in the display and was wondering why mine doesnt show it.

No, there its the function in the LCD display which shows your fuel usage per 100km's, given you have the Sportivo sx6 which possesses the upgraded interment cluster. What I meant is that you cannot manually reset the reading. It automatically resets itself after each time you refill at the bowser, regardless of how much petrol you put in.

Im not sure I understood what you meant in your first sentence.

The thing is, the LCD doesn't show me how many my fuel usage per 100 k's. It just tells me my total K's that Ive done. No where on the LCD does it say 'TANK AVE XX.XL" like in this screenshot here http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/uploads/post-4031-1177581722.jpg