splitting the Corolla section

SuperDave

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but since the Corolla section is the main part of this forum, sorry Aurion/Avalon/Camry owners, could there be like a zze12x model section and a zre152 section (plus maybe another section for older models)? Because we are starting to get some inflow of newer Corolla questions and I feel that it might become a mish-mash section.

Thoughts?

yeah thats a good idea. and therefore people with the new corollas wanting to ask a question can have a look in that section so they dont ask the same question twice. and then get there heads blown off for not searching

sorry guys but i have to disagree here. segregating the corolla section into "new" and "old" will just take away from the communal feel of the site - which is what we're renowned for. If you're going to do that we might as well seperate the forum for the older models too. This is the Corolla section, Full stop! We where once noobs too asking noob question to the likes of Dylan, Bil, Craig, and all the other old farts on here (LOL). So to seperate the Corolla section just to avoid noob questions is kind of selfish and counterproductive. Just my opinion. feel free to comment, rebut, agree, b1tch slap...etch hehe

my suggestions if you want to identify what model the question is regarding, to put the model in the thread tittle. Another way would be to have the profile on the left show the model (right below the "From: Sydney")

Edited by qkslvr

sorry guys but i have to disagree here. segregating the corolla section into "new" and "old" will just take away from the communal feel of the site - which is what we're renowned for. If you're going to do that we might as well seperate the forum for the older models too. This is the Corolla section, Full stop! We where once noobs too asking noob question to the likes of Dylan, Bil, Craig, and all the other old farts on here (LOL). So to seperate the Corolla section just to avoid noob questions is kind of selfish and counterproductive. Just my opinion. feel free to comment, rebut, agree, b1tch slap...etch hehe

my suggestions if you want to identify what model the question is regarding, to put the model in the thread tittle. Another way would be to have the profile on the left show the model (right below the "From: Sydney")

Splitting into separate sections does not take away anything from this forum. We don't need to separate other sections because there is hardly any activity compared to the Corolla section.

If anything, separating the Corolla section will cause less headaches and make the navigating much easier without people having to scroll through pages of threads that they don't need. It is not to avoid "noob" questions as they will always appear. People can go straight to the section with all the information they need. It's like driving to your destination with little or no traffic at all.

I have nothing against people asking the same questions over and over. I'm more than happy to help them if I can. As long as they do it in the correct section.

Making people put the model of their car in the thread title is out of the question. That will never work because no one will do it (See Buy & Sell Section). We don't want to enforce rules that make it harder for the new users, rather apply techniques that will work better for the people.

:)

I can see your point, Bigbum. I wasn't trying to shoot down the idea but rather just voicing my concerns on the effect of splitting the forum.

Another potential problem if you are concerned about people posting in the wrong section is that noobs will not necessarily know what a zze12x, zre152 model is. We should use the year of the model rather than the chassis code when naming the new sections.

peace =)

I can see your point, Bigbum. I wasn't trying to shoot down the idea but rather just voicing my concerns on the effect of splitting the forum.

Another potential problem if you are concerned about people posting in the wrong section is that noobs will not necessarily know what a zze12x, zre152 model is. We should use the year of the model rather than the chassis code when naming the new sections.

peace =)

good idea

ie: Corolla 01 - 06 (ZZE12x)

Corolla 07 - ?? (ZRE152)

peace =)

good idea

ie: Corolla 01 - 06 (ZZE12x)

Corolla 07 - ?? (ZRE152)

If you wanted to go this route we might have to add months as well, because technically two different model Corollas were sold in 2001 and 2007. (an example that springs to mind is B-Rad who drives a 2007 ZZE122)

So perhaps we would have to go with this: Oct 01 - Mar 07 (ZZE12X)

Mar 07 - ?? (ZRE152)

Those months might not be accurate but you get my point. I think ZRE152 and ZZE12X is sufficient, years may further complicate things.

• 1 month later...

If you wanted to go this route we might have to add months as well, because technically two different model Corollas were sold in 2001 and 2007. (an example that springs to mind is B-Rad who drives a 2007 ZZE122)

So perhaps we would have to go with this: Oct 01 - Mar 07 (ZZE12X)

Mar 07 - ?? (ZRE152)

Those months might not be accurate but you get my point. I think ZRE152 and ZZE12X is sufficient, years may further complicate things.

correct! mine was going to be plated as 07 but i bought it as 06 cheaper of corse :ph34r:

Segregating into different models would suck and I agree with Bigbum that it would take away the "community feel". Stickies should be informative enough to give the noobs a quick lesson about their car - enough for them to search with the appropriate text for the data they're looking for. Why make it easy on them? If they come online without following the rules, then they should be shot down for not following the correct procedure in the first place.

On another note - I just noticed (I don't check TOCAU every day) on the Forums that Corolla is now split into Corolla/Corolla Sportivo. Why is this necessary? It's also appeared for the Aurion Sportivo but where is the Camry Sportivo? If there are going to be different specs of Corolla's listed on the forum, why not include the Ascents, Conquests, ZR, SX etc??? I think it's just a waste of space. Surely if you drive a Corolla Sportivo, you know that it is a Corolla still, right??!!! Why the delineation??!!

Well, that is just my 2c.

The Corolla section hasn't actually been split, it's just a change of name to that particular forum. I think it's a good idea seeing this is the flagship Corolla Sportivo forum in Australia, plus 90% of threads in there would be about the ZZE series anyway.