Installing Speakers Query

joshrussellx

Hey guys,

i recently got a new corolla 2003 ascent hatch. i am wondering has anyone installed rear speakers in the back ontop of that carpet thing that covers the boot?

I am thinking about doing it, but i dont want to ruin the boot cover thing, the speakers dont really fit as one part of the cover is raised up.

So if anyone has photos to show me how it would look, it would be much appreciated!

Hey guys,

i recently got a new corolla 2003 ascent hatch. i am wondering has anyone installed rear speakers in the back ontop of that carpet thing that covers the boot?

I am thinking about doing it, but i dont want to ruin the boot cover thing, the speakers dont really fit as one part of the cover is raised up.

So if anyone has photos to show me how it would look, it would be much appreciated!

speakers in rear doors ? most rolla's have this .. if not you can screw spacers to the parcel tray

Hey guys,

speakers in rear doors ? most rolla's have this .. if not you can screw spacers to the parcel tray

no no no no not in the doors man, up the top near the boot, behind the back seats on the cover that sits over the boot so you cant see it.

You will need to fabricate your own parcel shelf with some MDF and reinforce it with some metal plates or stronger wood that won't bend over time. It also must be very secure when mounted, I would hate to see the outcome of a parcel shelf let loose in an accident or something similiar.

Cheers

You will need to fabricate your own parcel shelf with some MDF and reinforce it with some metal plates or stronger wood that won't bend over time. It also must be very secure when mounted, I would hate to see the outcome of a parcel shelf let loose in an accident or something similiar.

Cheers

thanks dude :)

why would you wanna put speakers in the parcel tray anyways. Dont all ZZE series rollers come with speakers in the front and rear doors?

IMO 4 speakers are more then enough. Especially when you upgrade them and amplify them.

Danz put speakers in the back like that but only very small ones for SQ.

Seriously I've seen this about 5 times before, members make a post just like yours, then two weeks down the track they just end up putting the speakers in the rear doors and be done with it. Easy option and OEM appearance, simple and neat.

Well putting 6x9's is a cheap and effective way to get some nice thumping bass without sacrificing much space.

What are u planning on putting into the rolla anyway?? It would be nice to know what your future plans would be

yeah i dont know, im thinking about it, but im not sure. i do have a set of alpine 6x9's but if i screw up the cover thing.

Umm, im planning on getting 17's i get my exhaust next week, my subs are already in. so yeah, i might lower it a little.

i have a 98 rolla that ive done a bit too. but its a hunk of **** haha.

but yeah, thats about it, just wheels, and exhaust, and a bit of lowering.

Seriously I've seen this about 5 times before, members make a post just like yours, then two weeks down the track they just end up putting the speakers in the rear doors and be done with it. Easy option and OEM appearance, simple and neat.

what size speakers fit the back doors? and the front for that matter? 6" or 4" ?

what size speakers fit the back doors? and the front for that matter? 6" or 4" ?

click the SEARCH button up the top..

youll find this has been covered before.

5 and a quarter inch are standard. can fit bigger size tho.