Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

I was coming out last night via a favourite run of mine.

Unfortunately, an ímpromptu power slide in third gear lift and the resulting spin meant I had to go home and wash my jocks.

The car is fine, the drivers ego is heavily bruised.

whitestivo

LOL, I know what you mean!

A couple of years ago I made the silly mistake of trying to keep tabs on the Sportivo's in my original Rolla wagon up Nebo ... one corner I came in a bit too hot, and learnt about weight transfer, the limitations of my wagon, and the need for me to take a pair of brown undies next time! :P

I can almost hear Silvabullit nodding from here ... being the next car along, he had impromptu front-row seats for the "show"! :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is anyone planning on coming out tomorrow night?? now that i'm in brisbane for a while, and i'm completely bored ****less with nothing to do the next day, i'll be out more thursday nights now.. maybe we could even start doing drives if people are keen?

I'm intending to be out tonight, all depends on a few things.

Will be bringing the Rolla this time, though ... a certain Crown's fuel pump decided to poop itself last night <_<

I'll be out as well. I'm always up for a drive. I don't know how many more times I can take Nebo or any other hard run for that matter. I have this constant reminder in the back of my head telling me to take it easy on my tires. But hey, I can easily ignore that little voice.

well, considering i'm not allowed to eat anything, it'd be great if we could stay away from food places... :lol:

stupid **** liquid only diet... hahahaha

but yeah, lets do a mt cootha run... i'll be right up the back though... still recovering from my surgery, so i'm still quite sore... :lol:

I'm game. :clap:

Let's see how these Bridgestone Adrenalins grip. Very impressed with them so far. For one, the road noise on highway is really quiet compared to my old Dunlops!!! I was sitting there and like....whoa this feels weird. You get used to hearing something and when it's not there you tend to worry....unfortunately this makes changing the exhaust an even higher priority because the drone is even more obvious now.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

well, considering i'm not allowed to eat anything, it'd be great if we could stay away from food places... :lol:

but yeah, lets do a mt cootha run... i'll be right up the back though... still recovering from my surgery, so i'm still quite sore... :lol:

Just let the ice cream melt, you'll be right dude.

Just let the ice cream melt, you'll be right dude.

hahahaha, you make a valid point... sounds good! :)

I'm keen for a cruise or a meet, which ever, doesn't phase me.

But I'm a maybe at this stage for tonight folks, pending getting my baby back from the mechanics (yay - fingers crossed she's fixed). If I get her back I'll be out for sure!!

Really really not game to do any non-essential 'cruising' in my Mum's complete Grandma spec SV21 Wagon... :huh: I'm sure the car would handle it, but not sure my ego would... :lol:

May i suggest all you street demons keen for a run tonight instead look at heading to QR the weekend following.

Or do both...

Northy, I'm going to take you down the straight, slip stream, then under brakes right at the end.

Lol.

Damn I chose the worst time to wash my car. The air was fine outside so I washed it then dried it. After it was all nice and clean, it decided to rain. On the bright side, it should be dry enough for the loop tonight, just the Cootha run may have a little obstacle.

Edit: I guess I was wrong. This rain is persistent.

I'm intending to be out tonight, all depends on a few things.

Will be bringing the Rolla this time, though ... a certain Crown's fuel pump decided to poop itself last night <_<

Sorry, will have to give it a miss tonight ... dealing with the Crown till all hours last night has made this old man a bit weary! :rolleyes:

Next week for sure!

Edited by Buddha

Hey guys,

Well chris and i are keen for a cruise tonight, but we'll just be in my car (aurion) as the camry is in great need of a service. So whats the deal, where do you meet, what time ect?

I'm keen for a drive too! Cootha loop is where i got done a couple of weeks ago on a thursday night too :'(

My first meet with you guys, so be nice!

And esexsix, are u still keen on meeting up prior around forest lake?

Edited by sportivo chick