HID Install (H7)

Northy

last night Shao and myself installed our HID Kits (6500K). Fitting them into my car was not a prob, shaos sportivo on the other hand posed some interesting issues. The stock low beam globes in the non face lift corollas have an aditional mounting bracket that connects the the back of the blub as seen below

H7.jpg

the problem with the HID kit is that it does not have this extra bracket and as the wires are soldiered onto the HID bulb its not an option to just the mounting thing. So we had to make a spacer somehow, went down to bunnings and got a tube of Plastic SELLEYS KNEAD IT, and I proceded to fill in the gap, after a big ot mucking round I got it to the stage where it looked ok fitted the pic below is during the final stages of shaping it to fit into the socket

H701.jpg

So for those of you looking at getting HID's this most likly will be an issue due to the design of toyots headlight fittings. Hope this helps if you have any questions feel free to PM me, ill post up some pics of the cars with the HID's running tonight

Edited by Northy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I will buy the Techone Kit, because it come with the bracket to hold the bulb. No hassel at all!!!!!

I wouldn't get the Techone kit; I've had so many problems with those, I've had no less than five customers literally throw out their Techone kits to buy my one.

You can't compromise with German and Japanese components in an HID kit... it's worth paying extra for. ;)

Oh yeah. My kit comes with the bracket as well. :P

Edited by tangcla

• 1 year later...

"The stock low beam globes in the non face lift corollas have an aditional mounting bracket that connects the the back of the blub as seen below"

so does that mean the facelift ones shouldn't have a problem? i'm a bit confused, doesn't northy have a non facelift too?

I've just got my MTEC HIDs and they came with the bracket, so installation was a simple plug and play.

Got a friend how's kit didnt come with the bracket, and he ended up just drilling the stock brackets....

Have to agree with everyone else.. once Ive got the HIDs.. Halegon lights just doesnt cut it anymore...

oh btw, I bought the MTEC HIDs together with a mate and he no longer wants to install it... if anyone is interested. can PM me...

• 1 year later...

What i used to compensate the gap of the black spacer on the pre-facelift rolla was (and i know this may sound dumb) but go to bunnings and get bath plugs.

Just get a size that will fit will i think i used 32-35mm, not to sure sorry, drilled the middle cut the excess off and they are working perfectly!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just cut think speaker cable with lots of insulation to size and taped it to the top and bottom to create the spacers where the springs held the bulb in :yahoo:

I couldn't find anything and there was speaker cable near the wall because I'd just installed my full audio system no long ago