New Camry Grande

mtbrider

After all the investigation and shopping around I have purchased a new Camry Grande and picking it up friday. I can not wait to play with all the electonic gadgets. With the current drive away price it wasn't worth getting the Ateva with a sun roof.

Ended up with a really good price and change over from my Camry 2001 CSi.

Will post up pics after the weekend.

After all the investigation and shopping around I have purchased a new Camry Grande and picking it up friday. I can not wait to play with all the electonic gadgets. With the current drive away price it wasn't worth getting the Ateva with a sun roof.

Ended up with a really good price and change over from my Camry 2001 CSi.

Will post up pics after the weekend.

Very nice buy - I like the grande with all the small extras..chrome handles..GPS..sunroof..leather...just includes all the package!

What color is it?

Picked up the Grande on friday and it is really good value for what it has. I have been in a few customers Lexus and i think this is on par internally with them.

Have not posted up photos yet as the wife always had it out then it rained and got dirty so will clean and post up later.

Hav a question about Sat Nav in the Audio thread. So if you know about this system can you please read and help me out.

how is the satnav stockies in the camrys? i was planning to get one, but then decided to throw in another 2gs for a better after market haha. congrats on buy, good purchase on the camry, as they say camrys' never die. ive had my camry just about a year now and done 36000kms (yes im a big driver) and nothings wrong with it yet. petrols even good on this too! and ive given a few v6's ago as well, and all i can say is wow. haha

The sat nav is really good and very easy to use. The Nokia 6300 blue tooth connection was easy as and works really well. Picks up the phone from about 10 metres from the car.

Only thing on the sat nav is that it does not seem to have the fixed speed or red light camera notification which seems pretty standard even on a $400 plug in sat nav. Also the map is one dimensional and does not point in the real direction of travel which can be confusing.

Don't know if you can change the settings for this.

When you come to a major intersection it does an auto split screen thing to show the intersection in detail so you know where you are going and what lane / exit.

But the best thing is the moonroof. I though I would like it but I really really like it.

Sorry can't post up photos as my Album states it is full but also won't let me delete old photos I want to get rid of. Anyone help with this. ?

It seems to have much better power than the 2001 Camry we traded in and also goes around corners much better. coming from a wide body I though the 2001 handled pretty well but the 2007 is sooo much better. Not up to my Corolla Sportivo but not far off it for such a big car.

Spent a couple of hours cleaning it on the week end as the pre delivery from Toyota was so slack.

Opened the moonroof and it was as dirty as. Also there is a ding in the roof (from the inside out) which must have been put there in the factory as there is no other way it could have happened.

This really pee ' d me off and hopefully they can do a paintless dent removal job on it.

From a loyal Toyota buyer (at least 6 brand new) I am not very happy about this at all and Toyota really need to pull their socks up and start doing some audits of their dealer network and their build quality checks. this should never have left the factory like this.

But overall so far happy but this may change depending on what they do with the dent.