Wheel alignment specs

Howard

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that I got the SPF2904K kit - superpro polyurethane bushes - installed by Fulcrum yesterday.

Its just as everyone has been commenting on here that the main issue is the castor problem causing the pull to the left - but the guys at fulcrum not only fixed that but managed to get the cambers for the front wheels the right way around as well.

I drove to the gold coast today and back (work) and things have improved markedly - the car seriously does drive straight - with whatever pull I observed more due to the road camber.

I just thought that I should warn everyone though that some of the Fulcum workshops are seriously dodgy yea- like I rang up a couple of them getting quotes for the part/labour/front alignment and the one to steer clear of is YEERONGPILLY (fairfield rd)!

They were saying it was about $400 for the labour! I don't know how retarded they thought I was but after ringing all the other Fulcrums it seemed the labour should be around $150.

I got charged less than that and I would recommend the boys at BROWNS PLAINS (or Hillcrest...), they're a lot friendlier as well.

Gd luck to everyone else sorting out their wheel alignment issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that i took my Aurion ATX in for it's service today had previously had a mate (who runs a Beaurepairs) do a wheel alignment and print out the results.. Still puls to the left but wasn't as bad told toyota about it today and are putting camber bolts in on warrenty... :clap: so happy.. Guess the morale of the story is if you can prove that there is a problem they will fix it no questions asked.. keep everyone posted on the results with the camber bolts on..

Edited by mrdau

Had my TRD Aurion wheel aligned yesterday so thought I post up the info for others to compare.

Front

LH/RH

+0.5/+0.5 Toe (mm)

-1.80/-1.10 Camber (deg)

+2.60+2.50 Caster (deg)

Rear

LH/RH

+1.6/+1.6 Toe (mm)

-1.60/-1.10 Camber (deg)

My car only goes to left with the camber of the road and will only drift off to left at a very slow speed even when travelling at 100km/h on most roads. It does however have a huge amount of camber on the left hand side, which I do have camber bolts to put in if there is not enough adjustment/slack in the bolts on the base of the strut.

Just wanted to let everyone know that i took my Aurion ATX in for it's service today had previously had a mate (who runs a Beaurepairs) do a wheel alignment and print out the results.. Still puls to the left but wasn't as bad told toyota about it today and are putting camber bolts in on warrenty... :clap: so happy.. Guess the morale of the story is if you can prove that there is a problem they will fix it no questions asked.. keep everyone posted on the results with the camber bolts on..

Just thought i would let everyone know had the camber bolts put in by toyota on warrenty and the problem is completely gone.... runs straight as a die

since im living in perth, i cant really get to a fulcrum workshop. is there anyone in perth that can correct this problem? or do i have to constantly run into toyota n wish they will eventually fix this? i never tried asking toyota this yet coz i thought it was my car but obviously as it turned out it is pretty much all aurions :( but if anyone could direct me to someone in perth who can correct this problem that'll be great

since im living in perth, i cant really get to a fulcrum workshop. is there anyone in perth that can correct this problem? or do i have to constantly run into toyota n wish they will eventually fix this? i never tried asking toyota this yet coz i thought it was my car but obviously as it turned out it is pretty much all aurions :( but if anyone could direct me to someone in perth who can correct this problem that'll be great

wilkinsons suspensions should be able to help you out. i think in bayswater.

I took my car back to the dealer to get the front bumper repainted today. But also took it in to get the wheel aligned again. My dad was the one that noticed it slightly rides left and u have to hold the steering wheel at a slight angel to the right to keep the car straight. Toyota called me back and said they had done a wheel alignment and the problem should be gone.

So hopefully it's goes as straight as a bullet..

Hi again,

I agree with MRDAU that if you take a print out of your wheel alignment specs to a Toyota dealer - they will admit theres a problem cause its clearly there on the page that the castor and camber are the wrong way around. I was offered the camber bolts as well here in Brisbane - but I decided against it cause I could see that the castor was more of a problem, and that adjusting the camber to drive straight would be more of an over-compensation rather than fixing the problem, which would probably cause more tire wear on the inside of the left side wheels. The boys at Fulcrum do manage to get the camber the right way around when installing the offset bushes so I'd think about it before just having camber bolts installed... my 2c anyway.

On another note - I have to admit that the computer read-out for my fuel economy has dropped since having the offset bushes installed - I used to average out at 7.3L/100km, but now it settles around 7.1 - I really only do highway driving though from Brisbane to the G. Coast for work - but I thought that was a nice unexpected outcome after correcting the castor.

Hey dharsh...

I also drive from Brisbane to GC to work... (mileage is killing me...) :(

I probably do the wheel alignment as stated too...

Yea, I was surprised that correcting the alignment actually helped the fuel economy - but even a small amount can help now with petrol prices I guess.

And I can now get 5 trips to and from the coast on one tank which was pushing it before...

• 1 month later...

hey intirgue man i had the exact problem as how u've described it though i did take it for a wheel allignment at toyota workshop...the problem just came back as i reverse and went straight

the steering was still tilted bak to the right as it was when i sent it in...fnny thing was they didn't charge me for a wheel allignment but gave me a reason i wouldn't forget...he told me that it was tilting right because of how i've adjusted my steering wheel like the height or how forward it is...in my head...pFfff wtf i aint even gona reply...gona take it to new town toyota n ask the dealer i got it off n haf a chat abt this!!

• 1 month later...

guys this steering issue is scaring me a little. i had pretty much decided on buying an Aurion, but reading this thread is really putting me off the idea. Sure, a car can have faults but it makes my blood boil to think of getting the 'run around' from the dealer trying to 'fix' it.

i basically want something bigger for a family car, something i can put the mountain buggy pram into as well as some shopping bags. It sucks that Toyota no longer sells the Camry wagon, they want everyone in Klugers or Avensis or Taragos these days.

guys this steering issue is scaring me a little. i had pretty much decided on buying an Aurion, but reading this thread is really putting me off the idea. Sure, a car can have faults but it makes my blood boil to think of getting the 'run around' from the dealer trying to 'fix' it.

i basically want something bigger for a family car, something i can put the mountain buggy pram into as well as some shopping bags. It sucks that Toyota no longer sells the Camry wagon, they want everyone in Klugers or Avensis or Taragos these days.

Great car. I have one as a family vehicle, and love it. You'd have my recommendation. I have 2 kids 12 and 10, and I expect this car will still fit them in 5-6 years time.

When you test the car before you buy, test for this problem. Point it out to the salesman. Get it sorted as part of the deal. No fix, no buy. You might find it isn't a problem.

edit: there's a trd on ebay atm... ;)

Edited by boxerboy

I am booked in to have the SPF2904K fitted at Fulcrum this Wednesday (7th). This seems to be the only TRUE way to correct the issue. I'll post back with the results once it is complete.

Well guys (and girls), I just got back home after picking up my car. As expected, the issue has been corrected. Holding the wheel straight will keep the car straight. The only cases of it veering either side is caused by camber in the road. I drive most of the time with only one arm so I tend to notice the force required to make adjustments to the steering wheel. I can definitely say that with the SPK2904K fitted, I'm no longer applying slight clockwise force to keep the car straight on a flat road.

The guys there said they get quite a few Aurion's in to get this part fitted and that Toyota refuse to admit the fault. He also said that they are now supplying the part to the dealers for when they eventually fix it. I guess if you are persistent enough with Toyota, they may fix it for you.

For anyone around Brisbane getting it fitted at a Fulcrum suspension centre, like dharsh said previously (thanks man), avoid the one at Yeerongpilly (Fairfield Road). That one quoted me a full $200 more in installation labour than Browns Plains. Amazing how they can rip you off like that.

• 7 months later...
Anyone know anyone in Sydney that can fix this problem ?
OMG...I thought it's the wheel alignment and after reading all this thread it seems that this is factory fault...

Anyone know where to fix in Sydney? Will it break the warranty?

Has anyone found a place in Sydney that would fix this matter 100%?

Well, I just ordered the kit from AutoOne - $170 - without too much hassle...

Will probably do the install myself over the weekend and then run it down to jax quickfit near my home for an alignment. Shouldn't be that difficult....I hope.

• 3 months later...

Heh, I thought it was a wheel alignment issue. Me and my dad have both noticed that pull to the left. My dad drove it and noticed it without even me saying anything.

Its not a huge pull(if it was it would have obviously been a big pull to the left which would obviously be an alignment issue) but its a very faint pull to the left which the car starts moving left on a dead straight road.

I need to take the car in for the Oil Line change and will ask about the pull to the left. If they deny anything I swear I'll pull out my iphone, go onto this thread and make them read. :whistling:

My car pulls to the right. :blink: I'll change tyres tomorrow. Will get wheel aligment and then see if problem still there I'll take it to Fulcrum suspension centre in Preston.

Edited by czaja74