My 2zz N/A Project

as has been stated before ..... the only off the shelf products available which are as close as possible to being plug and play are:

Motec (You will need to buy the added optional units to get this totally working with a 2zz), Apexi Power FC (requires some fiddling to work it with a corolla) & Hydra EMS (claims they have a corolla friendly version)

other which have been stated to work however my understand is they are simply plug and play:

AEM (MWR got the AEM's going even though they arent for the 2zz), Autronic (the CES turbo car runs this) & adaptronic (wont work on MAF and will need some fiddling to emulate lift engagement)

as stated by Neil and i personally dont think to date haltech has sorted something out for the 2zz. This is the extent of my knowledge when it comes to the 2zz ECU options.

as has been stated before ..... the only off the shelf products available which are as close as possible to being plug and play are:

Motec (You will need to buy the added optional units to get this totally working with a 2zz), Apexi Power FC (requires some fiddling to work it with a corolla) & Hydra EMS (claims they have a corolla friendly version)

other which have been stated to work however my understand is they are simply plug and play:

AEM (MWR got the AEM's going even though they arent for the 2zz), Autronic (the CES turbo car runs this) & adaptronic (wont work on MAF and will need some fiddling to emulate lift engagement)

as stated by Neil and i personally dont think to date haltech has sorted something out for the 2zz. This is the extent of my knowledge when it comes to the 2zz ECU options.

Nope, Motec im pretty sure is a complete unit now. PFC is close to plug and play, but as I stated before it has some shortcomings with regards to variable cam control as well. no idea about the Hydra EMS either. I am interested to see this AEM ECU though.

Nope, Motec im pretty sure is a complete unit now. PFC is close to plug and play, but as I stated before it has some shortcomings with regards to variable cam control as well. no idea about the Hydra EMS either. I am interested to see this AEM ECU though.

mate unless the M400 comes built in with its cam controlling mechanism now i think ur mistake :P :P :P :P :P

what fuel are you hoping to use with the 13.1 comp pistons?

To a full tank of gas i use 2 bottles of octane boost but thats y i have ordered a aquamist kit

Just thought I would add those octane boosters really only end up boosting the octane rating of your fuel by about 0.7 (even with 2 bottles), so I wouldn't be dependent on them to run your 13:1 pistons...

0.7 higher if your lucky.. your going to have to buy some race fuel by the drum$$.. wat octane (fuel) do you need to run this sort of gear??

at least 100+ octane. an avgas/fuel mix would be good but you cannot buy avgas anymore. Racing fuels like elf are very expensive, however i suppose you could use them on the street.

If you have a choice, I definitely recommend the Mahle pistons.

The Wiseco pistons give a lower compression ratio than standard, even though 12:1 is claimed. They also have relatively sharp corners on the valve cutouts, which is likely to be a gas flow restriction.

I always check short motor static peak turning torque during assembly and the Mahle pistons show much lower friction than the Wisecos. Very importantly, the Mahle pistons give exactly the compression ratio the manufacturer claims.

Neil

Mate contact CES here in Brisbane Australia as I know they have sent exhaust systems overseas before for the Sportivo. Tell them what you are doing and see if they can help you out.

http://www.cesracing.com.au/

All their contact details are on the website.

• 2 weeks later...
i have a question for the forum i'm thinkin about stroking the engine i was wonderin if anyone know wat connectin rod r used in the stroker kit i jus happen to get my hands on a 1zz fe crank

I'm pretty sure they use custom Crower rods, and you can only get them from MWR. I'm unsure if you can use any piston other than the Wisco that the MWR kit was originally designed for. But contacting MWR will yield correct details and I'm sure they will sell you kit without the crank.

http://monkeywrenchracing.com/mwr_toyota_2...troker_kit.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am officially entering the 2zz N/A horsepower race I certainly own a Japanese market (JDM) Toyota Runx/Allex and looking to get all i can out of it. Below is a list of my parts that are being installed to the car

Initial setup will be:

Engine-

TRD high compression pistons 13.1

Ported exhaust manifold

Injen cool air intake

Piper Cams stage 2

Fidanza flywheel

Special coated bearings

Circuitworx Oil Pump Gears

C-one Final Drive 4.7

TRD LSD

TRD Short Shifter