Zr6 - RWD vs FWD ,..Sat nav, Parking sensors

aurion_zr6

hey guys

im so close to buying the aurion zr6 just waiting on a few things , in the meantime just got a few questions

1) How do the parking sensors work on the zr6 , like do they beep when you get close to cars and stuff

2) with the sat nav unit do the maps include where fixed speed cameras are, whether to choose toll ways or no toll ways and can you use ur bluetooth phone when the car is in motion

3) whether the cd player reads mp3

4) how exactly does the triptronic gear shifting work i.e whed you go from d into the sports mode what gear does it go to

5) Lag when acceleration....is this a big problem and very noticable

6) black the best colour to get?

And the major question

Whats the major differences in driving between the fwd and rwd cars , what are the negatives and positives of fwd

Thanks all

1) yip the front and rear parking sensors beep wen you get close to an object, the closer you are the faster the beeps.

There is also a display on the small screen in the dash, shows a 2d pic of the car and they use lines where the sensore are located to show how close you are to the object. The further you are from the object the more lines there are, the lines start to dissapear the closer you get to the object.

3) The ZR6 comes with a 6 stack cd, and yes it can play Mp3

4)For me when i go from D into S, its in 4th, apparently it chooses the most suitable gear for you.

So if you wanna go hard then down shift =)

5)For me the lag isnt that bad i guess, but it all depends on the driver.

But once you pass 4000rpm :spiteful: :D

6) I choose black cause i think it looks best when cleaned and shiny, also grabs alot of attention and most importantly i like the colour!

But the bad thing is it gets dirty really quick! and you will have to wash the car regulary if you want the car looking good.

If your the type of person that doesnt like washing the car much, i wouldnt go black.

But in the end its all up to you and the which colour you like best =)

hope that helped.

black, yep she's gonna to be a bugger to keep clean, i have had mine one day and it's filthy already, mind you it rained heaviy last night so the roads today did not help the cleanliness, but hey, i don't mind being outside with a beer in hand and giving the car a good wash, gets you out of the house and awat from the missus!!!

thanks for that guys , with regards to the parking sensors how does it know when you are actually parking for example if you were on the roads and you were behind a car what stops it from going off, is there a switch or something?

They only work when you are in reverse.

In terms of the Sat Nav question (assuming it is the same as in my new Camry Grande).

Yes it does have options for Toll Roads, Ferries etc (about 6 or so options).

It does not provide info on fixed speed or red light cameras (I wish it did). The blue tooth connection works when you are driving. There is answer and hang up buttons on the steering wheel.

thanks for that guys , with regards to the parking sensors how does it know when you are actually parking for example if you were on the roads and you were behind a car what stops it from going off, is there a switch or something?

It will still go off if you are like too close to it, I take it you dont leave like 30cm distance in front of you when you wait behind a car at the traffic lights?, as for the front the sensors are only to the left and right corner but yea will pick up whats in front if you are so so close.

More to add from the other replies:

Yes HU plays MP3's and WMA, it can read ID3 tags and knows folder structures.

FWD/RWD debate,

FWD you go too fast into a corner and you will UNDERSTEER meaning the car will no turn enough to where you intended as it will lose traction and grind in a straight manner, on the positive... if your not going insanely too fast and not a pro you can easily correct by applying the brakes and once traction kicks in you can control on your merry way. Negative... tyres in the front of the car will wear quicker than a RWD as FWD has the burden of holding traction from all directions.

RWD, you go to fast you will slide (lose the rear end) OVERSTEER, and applying breaks wont help in this case because the wheels are going sideways, more experienced drivers will usually correct by counter steering and applying power...

I like White, i didnt thought through a white colour Zr6 and ended up with black, but I recommend you get it, although black is sexy naturally, white on the aurion is sweet because the grey lines on the bodykit/spoiler complement the white in its styling, ask DKzr6 he has one with nice rims / lowered and looks sweet. Plus its easier to maintain than Black!.

Yep there is a switch on the right below of the steering wheel, it'll have a green light u cant miss it.

I like White, i didnt thought through a white colour Zr6 and ended up with black, but I recommend you get it, although black is sexy naturally, white on the aurion is sweet because the grey lines on the bodykit/spoiler complement the white in its styling, ask DKzr6 he has one with nice rims / lowered and looks sweet. Plus its easier to maintain than Black!.

Another good thing about white is that it is a non-metallic, matte colour so it is actually cheaper to manufacture so if you are indeed after a white coloured Aurion, then this fact gives up a little extra ammo to bargin.

-m_luke

The Aurion's tiptronic transmission is great in Auto but crap in Sports Mode. Mine always defaults to 4th gear and it even changes gears like an auto up to 4th. In the Mitsubishi, it takes off from either 1st or 2nd but stays in that gear until you move it (as it should). Why on earth did the deadbeat engineers are (Toy)ota design the transmission so it still acts as an auto even in Sports mode?

The Aurion is a nice looking car but it's engineering and build qulaity is just pure crap. Spend your money on something else, you will be glad you did.

In terms of the salesman, he is dodgy like most of the others. The dealers have targets to meet as set by Toyota and will bullcrap to the heavens to make a sale by the end of each month. If you really must buy one do it at the beggining of the next month, they don't deserve any bonus's for meeting (Toy)ota's sales targets.

The Aurion's tiptronic transmission is great in Auto but crap in Sports Mode. Mine always defaults to 4th gear and it even changes gears like an auto up to 4th. In the Mitsubishi, it takes off from either 1st or 2nd but stays in that gear until you move it (as it should). Why on earth did the deadbeat engineers are (Toy)ota design the transmission so it still acts as an auto even in Sports mode?

The Aurion is a nice looking car but it's engineering and build qulaity is just pure crap. Spend your money on something else, you will be glad you did.

In terms of the salesman, he is dodgy like most of the others. The dealers have targets to meet as set by Toyota and will bullcrap to the heavens to make a sale by the end of each month. If you really must buy one do it at the beggining of the next month, they don't deserve any bonus's for meeting (Toy)ota's sales targets.

Mate we get the point, go away and tell someone who cares.

If you think Toyota is bad...you have alot to learn.

i was under the impression that toyota was the most reliable car on the market, my dad bought a mitsibishi in 1997 and has given us constant problems but from what ive heard from everyone on this forum and other people in general toyota is generally a safe bet , are there any other major issues with toyota that i should be made aware of before i buy this car?

thanks

You are a smart****. If you don't like what i'm posting simply ***** elsewhere. No-one is forcing you to read them so unless you have something constructive to post (i doubt your smart enough) then ***** and annoy someone else with your small mindset.

before you pick the car up you can always have an nrma inspection done. As for Mitsubishi and Toyota Toyota will get my vote :toast: as i have had both types and Mitsubishi are rubbish. I would also go for black nice :toast:

In the paper this morning a book called the dog and lemon guide rated the Japan built cars as most reliable European built unreliable and the aussie built in between as they are rellatively cheap but they are nowhere near reliable as the japan built cars.

You are a smart****. If you don't like what i'm posting simply ***** elsewhere. No-one is forcing you to read them so unless you have something constructive to post (i doubt your smart enough) then ***** and annoy someone else with your small mindset.

Lads, calm down. Blue Aurion I understand you copped a dud royally we all hope you get it sorted it out in the near future, but coming on here constantly slagging the Aurions out is getting a tad menontenous, though you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else is, but surely you must have been impressed with the test drive you (I'm hoping you would have done one) undertook in another Aurion before purchasing your one. I havent met anyone that hasn't loved them (the sportivo versions at least) and this is coming from mates who are deadset Holden junkies. $hit goes wrong from time to time, unluckily you got a car that is having dramas but don't tar all the cars with the same brush. My XBOX 360 has $hat itself on 2 occasions, but i still think they are excellent value, like you, was one of the unlucky ones. Good luck with getting your car sorted.

before you pick the car up you can always have an nrma inspection done. As for Mitsubishi and Toyota Toyota will get my vote :toast: as i have had both types and Mitsubishi are rubbish. I would also go for black nice :toast:

In the paper this morning a book called the dog and lemon guide rated the Japan built cars as most reliable European built unreliable and the aussie built in between as they are rellatively cheap but they are nowhere near reliable as the japan built cars.

I wouldnt expect to do a formal inspection to be made when buying a new car, common mentality is people expect a new car to have no problems and that if problems occur it should be fixed for FREE with the warranty.

Yep my sisters CE lancer has been going strong, she drives it pretty hard due to a 1.5ltr engine and no problems whatsover, i reckon this would be one of their best engines...

And agree with the ratings on that lemon guide, basically culture and traditions would play a major part on this.

Toyota would be up there in reliability but from experience, Hondas (1st - Ive just seen so many hondas still going strong with over 200k on their odo) and subaru's (2nd) have been better

Edited by AcoustiK

I wouldnt expect to do a formal inspection to be made when buying a new car, common mentality is people expect a new car to have no problems and that if problems occur it should be fixed for FREE with the warranty.

Yep my sisters CE lancer has been going strong, she drives it pretty hard due to a 1.5ltr engine and no problems whatsover, i reckon this would be one of their best engines...

And agree with the ratings on that lemon guide, basically culture and traditions would play a major part on this.

Toyota would be up there in reliability but from experience, Hondas (1st - Ive just seen so many hondas still going strong with over 200k on their odo) and subaru's (2nd) have been better

You can't beat anything Japanese. Everything in my house possible is Japanese and we have no problems.

Just watch out for the new Honda and Subaru's. Alot of companies are being sneaky and building there cars in different countries (Honda- SOme cars are Thailand now, what rubbish, and Subaru's Tribeca is American made)

And for the European cars, there not bad cars, although I hate them, there just not built for Australian conditions. They can handle europe really well, but not here, and not many other countries.

There not expensve cars in Europe, there just expensive here because of car taxes and people pay the price.

Edited by Aurion

but surely you must have been impressed with the test drive you (I'm hoping you would have done one) undertook in another Aurion before purchasing your one.

I did indeed and it was fault free

My XBOX 360 has $hat itself on 2 occasions, but i still think they are excellent value, like you, was one of the unlucky ones. Good luck with getting your car sorted.

We are talking maybe $500.00 compared to $40,000, it's not comparing apples with apples.

As i have said previously, if Toyota Australia or Jarvis Toyota did the right thing and exchanged the car when rightfully requested i wouldnt be here bagging out the halfwits.

Another good thing about white is that it is a non-metallic, matte colour so it is actually cheaper to manufacture so if you are indeed after a white coloured Aurion, then this fact gives up a little extra ammo to bargin.

-m_luke

I believe there are few colors which you can not have metalic option (not just Toyota, any brand), white is one of them - they may say mica but definitely not metalic

BH

but surely you must have been impressed with the test drive you (I'm hoping you would have done one) undertook in another Aurion before purchasing your one.

I did indeed and it was fault free

My XBOX 360 has $hat itself on 2 occasions, but i still think they are excellent value, like you, was one of the unlucky ones. Good luck with getting your car sorted.

We are talking maybe $500.00 compared to $40,000, it's not comparing apples with apples.

As i have said previously, if Toyota Australia or Jarvis Toyota did the right thing and exchanged the car when rightfully requested i wouldnt be here bagging out the halfwits.

Its like anything mechanical/electrical. Things can break down, nothing is fault free. But it is no individuals fault. My Rav 4 died at 1 week old. Sunday night, side of the motorway in the middle of no where. My car didn't get replaced. I didn't even get a courtesy car. And they had it for a week and i was in a different state at the time and had nothing. But at the end of the day. It wasn't they guy behind the counters fault.

$h** happenes.

This is something to do with the laws/rules here in Australia - Some other countries we can have a new car after few problems during warranty period. Hope the rules here change.

BH

This is something to do with the laws/rules here in Australia - Some other countries we can have a new car after few problems during warranty period. Hope the rules here change.

BH

Yep in the US theres the lemon rule, that i think within a few days you find a fault you can rightfully exchange for a new car.

The fact in Blue's case is that, the car has been going back and forth to get fixed so its pretty much a lemon and Toyota has not acknowledged that and given him the courtesy of getting it fixed properly or a new car.

Edited by AcoustiK

hey guys

im so close to buying the aurion zr6 just waiting on a few things , in the meantime just got a few questions

1) How do the parking sensors work on the zr6 , like do they beep when you get close to cars and stuff

2) with the sat nav unit do the maps include where fixed speed cameras are, whether to choose toll ways or no toll ways and can you use ur bluetooth phone when the car is in motion

3) whether the cd player reads mp3

4) how exactly does the triptronic gear shifting work i.e whed you go from d into the sports mode what gear does it go to

5) Lag when acceleration....is this a big problem and very noticable

6) black the best colour to get?

And the major question

Whats the major differences in driving between the fwd and rwd cars , what are the negatives and positives of fwd

Thanks all

Hi There,

I have a black 07 Sportivo and luv it, My Cd stacker plays mp3's but is a 4 stack not 6 stack i'm not sure if that was an option for the Presara, the sensors work by beeping quicker as you get closer but only if you switch them on at the dash mine doesn't have any visual on the dash again could be an option for Presara. Sat Nav doesn't show speed cameras it is a whereis map CD and updates are CD's purchased through Toyota or whereis on the web, you can select tolls or no tolls and yes you can use blue tooth when driving. You can show hotels or resturaunts on the display and with info supplied by the satnav you can call them to make bookings while you drive. Triptronic is in 4th when selected which is a little bit annoying as you might have been in 6th when you selected. My Falcon switched into what ever gear you were in when in drive. Lag is a problem at first but you get used to it, you will be surprised how quick she is especially with 95-98 octane at 204Kw. Front wheel drive takes a bit to get used especially steering torque when it tries to rip the steering wheel out of your hands but again you get used to it. You can do front wheel spins and mine has even chirped in 2nd but you can no longer enjoy a good fish tail. Good luck your gonna like it, craps on my XR6 and VT SPack.