Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

Probably not a good idea asking as I guess some people are tempted to perhaps not be totally honest about the $$ they pay... but we've been quoted $66k for Grande AWD with Metallic on the road. Only option is front and rear parking sensors. No mats, sidesteps or any other options.

My question is simply: Is that a good price? I know this is less than RRP (but who pays RRP ayway). I don't know why but I just feel like I'm paying over the odds

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have similar price but I have a trade, which is very high compare to other dealers (like Land Rover or even back to Mazda), so I don't really know.

It is very hard, coz the stock is different and everyone is different. You tends to get more when you pay cash. And I don't.

Having said that. I have brought my last 2 sports car at RRP, just to be one of the first to get one (it was a Honda Integra R in 1999, and an RX-8 in 2003).

Many of the regular here gets fleet prices, which I had a hard time accepting :angry: j/k.

Having paying high price, I have the car delivered with full tank of petrol in 2 weeks, in mint condition.

At the end of the day, enjoy the experience; money is secondary; althought I am doing a day of overtime to pay for it :P.

Edited by takahashi

Hey guys,

First post here as I just stumbled across the site after googling the ESC switch disengagement after reading it in the Carsguide article. I thought I'd read somewhere that it could be.

For the wife's next car, we ordered a black (because the wife doesn't wash the cars!) 2WD KX-S in October, due next month. Wanted to wait for an '08 plated car rather than have a year old car after a month! Paid $50k incl ORC's, tow pack and carpet mats.

Looking forward to getting it as the wife is driving the hell out of my WRX! :(

Edited by The Fly

Nope AWD

Are u kidding me, new Grande AWD for 57K drive away? :blink:

That's 7.5K off the RRP... I think you are the star now.. :toast:

I did pull the dealers strings a bit :spiteful: It was in melbourne :yahoo:

i think we are in the wrong state here

I Ment Brisbane (melbourne is where i got my old kluger CV) :unsure:

Our CV Was A Blue One

The Car Before That Was a toyota Tarago (but i didnt like it)

Then When we were in new Zealand I Had a Ford (didnt like that)

Edited by Zirion

Probably not a good idea asking as I guess some people are tempted to perhaps not be totally honest about the $$ they pay... but we've been quoted $66k for Grande AWD with Metallic on the road. Only option is front and rear parking sensors. No mats, sidesteps or any other options.

My question is simply: Is that a good price? I know this is less than RRP (but who pays RRP ayway). I don't know why but I just feel like I'm paying over the odds

Hi!

Good topic!

We paid 64,800 OTR with rear sensors, rear cargo mat, side rails, floor mats, and street legal tint on front side windows. It's eboney in colour. Order Dec, Est. Delivery Mar.

Haggled for an hour or so with the fleet manager. It's a private purchase - tried to get a fleet discout out of him (the fleet manager) but no way Jose.

Absolutely no way can I imagine buying one for $57K.

I think the dealers can knock a bit off the 66K once you've decided to buy.

I may have got another $1K or $2K off if I had of been a bit more cunning and persistent with the dealer.

eg. I'd love to have got the price down to $64,800, then said "give me a ring if you can do it for $63K, and walk out. (Isn't hind-sight wonderful)

Hi!

Good topic!

We paid 64,800 OTR with rear sensors, rear cargo mat, side rails, floor mats, and street legal tint on front side windows. It's eboney in colour. Order Dec, Est. Delivery Mar.

Haggled for an hour or so with the fleet manager. It's a private purchase - tried to get a fleet discout out of him (the fleet manager) but no way Jose.

I may have got another $1K or $2K off if I had of been a bit more cunning and persistent with the dealer.

eg. I'd love to have got the price down to $64,800, then said "give me a ring if you can do it for $63K, and walk out. (Isn't hind-sight wonderful)

Hi!

Good topic!

Thanks for the replies. By the sounds of it I think I probably have paid a bit over the odds - or at least I should've got a couple of free car mats!! Still, I have to say I am looking forward to getting the car. We currently drive a 2002 X5 and it is a great drive. Everyone laughs when I tell them I selling the X5 and downgrading to a Toyota! I priced, and almost signed for, an X5 3.0d Executive with 7 seats at $130k on the road. So, for $70K extra to the Kluger I was going to get less space, no auto boot, almost useless 3rd row, inferior leather, inferior (European-designed) aircon, badly positioned DVD player with smaller screen, the joke that is iDrive, very expensive servicing (just paid BMW Sydney $750 for an "oil-change service", space-saver spare etc etc.... So, I tell people I am UPGRADING from the BMW to a Kluger!

I would've paid RRP for the Kluger (he lied) if it is as good as it seems. Here's hoping it is!

We got ours for $58k and a bit With Carpets Side steps Cargo Mat And extra tint for front side windows Is that a good deal ???

BS, What colour is it ?

I bet you its Beige leather? and Gold?

Fleet deal?

Good Price if it was true

Whatever car u're buying look at the following websites first

http://www.cfionline.com.au/

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/

You dont have to buy thru them but they give you a good indication on probably the lowest possible for non fleet buyers. Prices are displayed in the clear.. Armed with these info, you can better approach car dealers

There're many websites offering "private fleet" purchase but they normally don't tell you the price upfront, and require you to fill up a form and expose yourself.

Funny a week and still no reply, truth hurts! :toast:

Yep probably true, chalk and cheese! They were reduced heavily because every one was jumping at the new model

Two reasons why not to buy a discontinued model:

1. Resale value;

2. Resale value!

They take a hit when the model is superceded and also when dealers discount them to get rid of them.

• 2 weeks later...