Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Estimates give a very rough idea, but when it comes to crunch time and you have as fist full of dollars ready for the deposit thats when the real bargaining can start to happen, thats what Ive found anyway. Dealers always say we can give you a good price when you are ready to buy but many wont negotiate too much further down or say thats the best we can do, I say its rubish. If the dealer wont haggle too much go somewhere else.

You can usually get a good price from the big dealers that have a lot of turnover, but dont go to them first, get some good prices from somewhere else, then go to the big dealers to get their price, then go back to a previous dealer that you were most comfortable with and give them another chance and see how you go.

The difference between my first quoted supposedly low price and my final price was over $12,000 go figure that out.

Guys I got mine for 60k with front & rear sensors, towbar pack, Roof bars and mats. Its fleet price of course :). Actually its 58k but that's due to some tax benefit I get with work.

But the funny thing is I work for IAG ( aka NRMA ) and we get our fleet cars thru orix, asked Orix for a price and they came

back with $63k via Syd City toyota, Not happy Jan so I sent a fax NRMA letterhead to 10 ( YES 10 ) Toyota Dealers requesting a fleet price. Most came back cheaper and chullora toyota came back with the best price, So I requested orix go thru chullora however Syd City Toyota matched the price. Just goes to show orix dont give a **** when it comes to pricing.

Mine is $60k3 drive away with tow pack,nudge bar,sidesteps,mats, rubber cargo mat and some free plastics for having to wait soooo long. Ordered it Dec 10 for whats now a late April delivery, all because I wanted a blue one!!!!

Mine is $60k3 drive away with tow pack,nudge bar,sidesteps,mats, rubber cargo mat and some free plastics for having to wait soooo long. Ordered it Dec 10 for whats now a late April delivery, all because I wanted a blue one!!!!

Chullora Nobel Toyota, I already weakened them for you! good work good Colour I bought the Dealer Principles car there! Is yours AWD? If it is thats a Mad Buy! We have Been driving our Blue one since October last year :rolleyes: ...Happy waiting your a definite number for some one! :whistling::yahoo:

Edited by PC XT

Chullora Nobel Toyota, I already weakened them for you! good work good Colour I bought the Dealer Principles car there! Is yours AWD? If it is thats a Mad Buy! We have Been driving our Blue one since October last year :rolleyes: ...Happy waiting your a definite number for some one! :whistling::yahoo:

Yes it is an AWD ,mine is the Glacier Blue not the Tidal Blue :P . My neighbour just picked up a new Aurion and the bugger got a cyan blue one :( and I couldn't bare having two cars the same colour sitting one meter away from each other in the driveways so I changed mine to the lighter colour.

Yes it is an AWD ,mine is the Glacier Blue not the Tidal Blue :P . My neighbour just picked up a new Aurion and the bugger got a cyan blue one :( and I couldn't bare having two cars the same colour sitting one meter away from each other in the driveways so I changed mine to the lighter colour.

Thats funny, I would have got the Tidal blue any way

• 2 weeks later...
40 on road with mats and rubber boot mat.

KX-R. Didn't see the point dropping an extra 15G for Sat Nav and leather. Power to those that have but for me, the base is well enough equipped for us.

Is that a 5 or 7 seater?

Cheers.

40 on road with mats and rubber boot mat.

KX-R. Didn't see the point dropping an extra 15G for Sat Nav and leather. Power to those that have but for me, the base is well enough equipped for us.

Is that a 5 or 7 seater?

Cheers.

only 5 seater. we are a family of five 2 adults 2dogs and 1 cat.

only 5 seater. we are a family of five 2 adults 2dogs and 1 cat.

Oh cheers, thanks for that. All these prices help me in formulating my attack on the dealers :spiteful:

I got a great deal on our Lexus, I wouldnt budge from my price. Even got up to leave a couple of times, saying; you have my phone number. B)

Put a deposit on a KXR, 2WD 5 seater today.

I got the following accessories;

- Nudge Bar

- Reverse sensors

- Floor Mats

- Rubber Cargo Mat

- Bonnet Protector

- Premium Plates

Initial price was; $45,800

I told them I was working to a budget, I could only spend between $41k and $42k

To cut the story short (and with the dealer trying to get some more money out of me) I got the vehicle with all the above options for $41k.

It was actually pretty painless, and didnt take long. I just wouldnt budge off my price.

Thats based on a brand new order straight from the factory. (around 8 week delivery apparently)

In the end, I was happy to forgo the heated seats, fog lights etc etc in the higher spec'd models. I have all that in my Lexus now, and to be honest, I rarely use half of the options. :) My wife and I never bother with dual climate control either.

Anyway, we're happy with our deal, we ended up going for the Sage Green (or Olive Mica as the dealer called it) It is an unusual colour, but its the only one my wife and I agreed on. :P (and both liked at first glance)

The only thing that remains is to get the Hayman Reece tow bar fitted (lifetime warranty) and the BLaderunner Side Steps - Im buying the side steps before the end of the month, they have a deal to fit them free. (and will do so later, as long as I buy before the end of Feb)

So, now I just have to wait... :help:

Put a deposit on a KXR, 2WD 5 seater today.

I got the following accessories;

- Nudge Bar

- Reverse sensors

- Floor Mats

- Rubber Cargo Mat

- Bonnet Protector

- Premium Plates

Way to go. What are "Premium Plates" are they the Reg. Plates?

It seems alot of the accessories toyota sell are well priced, if just to get toyota ones and the warranty. The problem or cost is getting them to fit the part, 250-350 per hour, with something requiring 2-3 hours.

Does anybody have an idea how much it cost toyota to fit the rubber cargo mat as an after sales extra?

There could be a warranty problem if the parts are not fitted by toyota. I hope my mat last the distance!

Any luck getting seat covers for your KXR? Seems like a slight over sight by toyota not having this as an accessory. Its like side airbags are a new thing.

nice pickup.
Thanks. :) Of course, now the dust has settled, you wonder if you couldve pushed a little harder!! (They really did agree to $41k fairly easily and readily)

Sam - Premium plates in NSW are simply a different issue from our usual gold and black ones. The premium plates are slimmer, and in black and white. I think they look better as they dont clash with the car colour. Vic blue and white plates tend to blend nicely with the vehicle in most cases. Our big ugly yellow ones are a different story! :whistling:

As for fitting the rear cargo mat, I dont think it would be a problem, its just a rubber matt that goes straight onto the rear floor.

Im sure you could pickup aftermarket seat covers, Im not a big fan of them to be honest.

Cheers,

Scott.

Thanks. :) Of course, now the dust has settled, you wonder if you couldve pushed a little harder!! (They really did agree to $41k fairly easily and readily)

As for fitting the rear cargo mat, I dont think it would be a problem, its just a rubber matt that goes straight onto the rear floor.

Im sure you could pickup aftermarket seat covers, Im not a big fan of them to be honest.

Cheers,

Scott.

If you had got it for $20k you'd wonder whether you could have got it for $18k! At the end of the day you were happy to pay what you did so you got a good deal. The success of the deal is only relative to your own circumstances. :)

Good choice. Enjoy it.

Cheers,

(another) Scott

I must be dreamin... I tried a large local Brissie dealer, who insisted these prices couln't be true, and tried not to use the L word, saying that $60k was below cost and so they quoted $65157 for Crystal Grande AWD with 2008 plate, f/r park sensors, towbar, mats, roof cross rails.

I spoke to a private fleet buyer, who came back with a price higher than the first quote I got from the dealer as a saturday walkin, and wanted $175 for the deal. They bailed when I set a target of $60K, pretty much saying you're on your own.

So I then rang Noble Toyota in Chullora and they said they'd get back to me with a price, but went home instead.

Who did you speak to at Noble Toyota? I spoke to Steve, the Sales Manager, New Cars and this deal didn't seem to ring any bells...

Never thought it would be this hard to spend $60K, perhaps I'll keep the Discovery... :angry:

I've heard of dealers quoting prices and signing contracts, only to continually tell customers that their car is still on order. In the mean time, the customer (thinking they got a bargain) sends a couple of other buyers in the direction of the dealer.

I'm led to believe that the dealer price for an AWD Grande is a shade under 58K - they'll then get a percentage off (anywhere between 1 and 15%) of this based on turnover, dealership size etc. Things that can't be avoided are stamp duty and rego. I'm sure you guys can do the sums. :)

Do you know why sharks won't eat car salesmen? Professional courtesy...