Removal of side door trims

Danthuyer

Guys,

I have heard that a few of you have removed the side door trims from the corollas.

I saw a few wagons in england which came like this factory and it does look nice.

Could those of you which have done it let me know how dificult it was (or easy) to remove them, and the best way to do it.

Also a few pics would be nice ;)

i'll provid pics soon, leaving fow Nowra for a few days. back next week.

influx would most likely be able to give you pics.

Basically, if you don't take the side mouldings off properly the FIRST time, you'll be HATING it for the FEW hours it takes to remove the glue.

They can be removed with consistent and correctly angled pulls at the side mouldings. When removing it, make sure you take both the FOAM and GLUE at the same time. but, most of the time, the FOAM seperates from the GLUE and the glue stays on the car. Which takes a while (few hours) to be sitting there and removing it.

It's hard to explain, umm..it'll be useful to have like a rubber spatula or something thing and long to help the glue seperate from the body (nothing metalic or sharp, coz you may scratch your paint).

Same thing applies with removing the corolla, toyota, and sportivo badges.

makes the car look SLICKER! more 'classy' i guess. :D

Chris

They can be removed with consistent and correctly angled pulls at the side mouldings. When removing it, make sure you take both the FOAM and GLUE at the same time. but, most of the time, the FOAM seperates from the GLUE and the glue stays on the car. Which takes a while (few hours) to be sitting there and removing it.

What sort of angle?? straight back into yourself...to the ground...to the sky????

i just yanked them off. i found when it was colder it was much easier as the glue would come apart whole but when it was warm it would stretch and break into pieces.

go hard. nothing to be scared of i think the chances of pulling off the paint is nearly 0%. if unforunately there is glue left behind remove it with bug and tar remover. probably takes 5 applications to get it all gone.

the sides are now clean like an accord euro and washing the doors is a little bit easier. but i think my doors now have a different sound not as solid as before but this could be my imagination or due to something else.

thx guys. .....I woke up early this morning and removed them. 3 of the 4 came off easy, but the drivers door proved to be the most dificult. It ended up leaving alot of the tape on the door. but this was easily fixed when silabullet came to detail the car.

I must admit it does make the lines alot smoother on the car, my only gripe is that now all of the attention goes to the wheel arches and thats not good with my stock ride height :(

thx again guys ;)

will post pic when i get my camera back :D

Edited by Danthuyer