Brand New YRS or Used YRX?

SuperGirl

Brand New 2007 YRS (5dr auto) for $19,000 (with trade in)

OR

Used 2006 YRX (3dr auto, 10,700kms) for $17,500 (this is an IF price, dealder wasnt sure if he could do it for that much. Thats the max I'd probably pay anyways)

I really like the look of the YRX. The bodykit and foglights and all. But I'm sure which is more worth to buy. Which has a higher reselling price? Which would you buy?

I'm a first car buyer and wouldn't know a good deal/price if it hit me in the face. I just stumbled upon this forum and thought I'd post to ask other peoples opinions. So thank you in advance to those who leaves a comment.

Brand New 2007 YRS (5dr auto) for $19,000 (with trade in)

OR

Used 2006 YRX (3dr auto, 10,700kms) for $17,500 (this is an IF price, dealder wasnt sure if he could do it for that much. Thats the max I'd probably pay anyways)

I really like the look of the YRX. The bodykit and foglights and all. But I'm sure which is more worth to buy. Which has a higher reselling price? Which would you buy?

I'm a first car buyer and wouldn't know a good deal/price if it hit me in the face. I just stumbled upon this forum and thought I'd post to ask other peoples opinions. So thank you in advance to those who leaves a comment.

You will be able to get a Yaris YRS 5 door auto for $19,000 without a tradein. - Is the $19,000 your changeover price? What is your tradein? If $19k is your changeover then the dealer isn't doing you any favours.

You should go get a deal on the YRS 5 door auto for $19,000 without a trade, and then sell your car privately.

Yes that is the change over price. My trade in was a 1994 Ford Telstar TX5 Ghia thats in really bad condition (damaged by hit and run, paint peeling at the front, boot wont stay up, CD player doesnt down, doesnt shift gears properly....)

Hmmm so you think $19k drive away is too much?

You can definately get it for 19k driveaway. without a trade in. You are buying a 2007 build model. So you will save heaps.

Look at my other thread.

We bought my mum a YARIS YRS Auto Sedan with the airbag safety pack for $20k driveaway.

The yaris sedan YRS Auto - is $19490 not including options and airbag safety pack which is $750

$19490 + $750 + On road costs + dealer delivery = approx $24k

We drove it away for $20k exactly with floor mats, headlight protectors, and safety pack

You should be able to get your car for the website RRP price driveaway - Toyota list your choice YRS Hatch Auto for $17,890, you should get it for $18k provided the dealer has it in stock.

Don't back down. They are keen to sell 07 build models.

good luck

thanks for the replies!

well i just got back from the dealer.

*drum rolls*

we got the 2008 YRS 5dr auto hatchback for $21,400 <_< he said he couldnt go any lower

so yeh $21, 400 driveway with:

metallic paint (silver lining)

floor mats

weather shields

mud guard

tinting

safety airbag package

i still feel i coulda got more bang for my buck. but i guess everybody feels that? always wanting more. or is it just me? lo :whistling:

Edited by SuperGirl

thanks for the replies!

well i just got back from the dealer.

*drum rolls*

we got the 2008 YRS 5dr auto hatchback for $21,400 <_< he said he couldnt go any lower

so yeh $21, 400 driveway with:

metallic paint (silver lining)

floor mats

weather shields

mud guard

tinting

safety airbag package

i still feel i coulda got more bang for my buck. but i guess everybody feels that? always wanting more. or is it just me? lo :whistling:

Considering you got a 2008, thats not a bad deal. Congrats on the new car. :clap:

When do you get it?

i dont know when i get it. he said maybe a month, maybe 2 months, maybe even 3 months :blink:

i still think i coulda got more. feel so jipped. :(

that deal was from western toyota. i also went to peter warren and he said he couldnt beat it with all those extras. so thats when i said yes to the 21400 at wester toyota :(

i dont know when i get it. he said maybe a month, maybe 2 months, maybe even 3 months :blink:

i still think i coulda got more. feel so jipped. :(

that deal was from western toyota. i also went to peter warren and he said he couldnt beat it with all those extras. so thats when i said yes to the 21400 at wester toyota :(

Have you signed a contract yet? You could try Clintons Toyota in Campbelltown, or Narellan.

If the dealer has not given you a firm delivery date then you should be able to cancel the contract due to there not being a delivery date.

The deal you got isn't bad, maybe could have squeezed a little more out of the dealer on the 08.

If you plan on keeping the car for a while, see if you can find a new 07 build. could save $,000's

oh well... as long as you're happy with it.

peter warren beated western for my business by 1k as well as the mob in parramatta.

so maybe peter warren didn't try hard enough to win you over :)

the yaris has a high reselling price at the moment. If I was in your position I would definitely get the YRX, looks better/sportier and has more features. I'm swapping my car with the yaris this year...hopefully after my birthday! :D

UPDATE! I went back and got the 06 YRX yesterday :yahoo:

$21,400 for the 08 yrs + my trade in wasnt very worth it to me. it was like giving the dealer my car for free <_< i didnt want to wait 1-3months for it to arrive either.

i managed to get the 06 yrx for $17,000 with no trade in at all. im very happy with my yrx. im so in love with it! im like totally paranoid on the road though, thinking some idiot is jsut going to hit in to me and drive off (happened with my old car ). or leaving it at the shopping car parks and it would get scratched or get a dent from someone opening their door and not caring :angry: its perfect for me although seeing the blind spots are HORRIBLE. i cant see them at all. :blink:

UPDATE! I went back and got the 06 YRX yesterday :yahoo:

$21,400 for the 08 yrs + my trade in wasnt very worth it to me. it was like giving the dealer my car for free <_< i didnt want to wait 1-3months for it to arrive either.

i managed to get the 06 yrx for $17,000 with no trade in at all. im very happy with my yrx. im so in love with it! im like totally paranoid on the road though, thinking some idiot is jsut going to hit in to me and drive off (happened with my old car ). or leaving it at the shopping car parks and it would get scratched or get a dent from someone opening their door and not caring :angry: its perfect for me although seeing the blind spots are HORRIBLE. i cant see them at all. :blink:

so $17k how many kms has it done???

oh congrats! post pics!!

nope. no safety pack. :( no extras either, he said he couldnt afford to give me any extras. so yeh yrx stock.

thats ok, you can add it yourself. The Optional Safety Pack is $600. But really its worth investing in the safety pack, especially for a small car. Other than that the stock YRX looks hot! :yahoo:

oh no, i m late to this thread. Most toyotas are doing special for yaris. Free 1yr insurance. You should have check with truscott & noble. I think they have better prices then other dealers. I've ssen Stewart toyota doing YRS sedan for 19,990 drive away. With a bit of bargain is possible to get down to 19000 for sure i guess.

really? i thought the option for the safety pack was only available if you were getting the car brand new. once they make the car they put in the extra airbags. :blink:

yeah you can add it later, my friend asked and according to the Toyota Sales Rep, it would take a month to do it. So it's $600 + 1 month of no car. :spiteful:

That looks awesome. The dealers appear to be a bit over the place at the moment. I have been getting quotes for a Corolla Levin SX and have had a difference between dealers of over 2k, though it is looking now like I might be going for a Yaris, my wife saw the ads for Barinas at 14k driveaway and well if I have to have something that small it might as well be a Toyota