Do u guys really like the new corolla

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to add that in my 32k price that also included 1k for extra 3 yrs warranty and 100,000kms so all up 6years 200,000kms

thats why it might have sounded a bit too expensive lol

Edited by SWTIVO

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone... this is my first post so maybe these are common opinions - probably are :D - but:

- 100kW on all models - how is that the hottest hatch ever??? Have they forgotten about that 141kW version a few years back?? 100 kW is what I have on my '88 twin cam, which naturally rocks, and so far I see no need to replace it :D Except possibly with a mazda3 MPS - are you listening toyota? ;)

- New rolla also looks very bland, did Toyota fire their entire design department, nothing they make is good to look at! It's not like the overseas models look so bad, so have we toyota fans done in Aus to deserve this??

well, that's got a weight off my shoulders... carry on :D

I encountered great difficulty trying to decipher the first half section of your rant..

Anyway, i think the look of the new corolla sedan is sh!t.. the new corolla hatch looks so pansy and to top it off, the back lights are especially sh!t.

That is all. :blink:

I agree!! Looks too much like the Yaris and lacks the Corolla look <_<

thanks guys fair enough i paid 28k for my auto levin sx drive away that included all extras mats for front and back all the protective plastic and metallic paint also after the sale they **** u up they start to introduce u on more extras like paint protection and rust proofing i got that done for 1k from 1.5k and i got toyota insurance and road side insurance was 1.3k comprehensive and road side around 200 for 3 years i think all up was exactly 32k this was about 4 months ago

next time they take you to see the ming chick (as i like too call them) just sit there and say :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: until she gets the message

The only way the new models can look decent is with a very aggressive kit imo. Subtlety is not this models friend, like the previous one. You need to unleash the demon. This is proven by a certain someones avatar.

The only way the new models can look decent is with a very aggressive kit imo. Subtlety is not this models friend, like the previous one. You need to unleash the demon. This is proven by a certain someones avatar.

umm let me think... is it me?

i feel it's just been a facelift, rather than a whole new model. The Engine is the same!!!

Its now heavier, but roomier. At least it's now fun to drive from what i have read. :ph34r:

Edited by icejagans

i feel it's just been a facelift, rather than a whole new model. The Engine is the same!!! :ph34r:

Tecnhically it's not the same engine...

To start off, the engine has both variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust valves whereas before it was only on the exhaust. Also comparing the bore and stoke of the 1ZZ-FE models to the 2ZR-FE...

1ZZ-FE

79.0(bore) / 91.5(stroke) = 0.86338... (bore/strke ratio)

2ZR-FE

80.5 / 88.3 = 0.91166...

This shows that the 1ZZ-FE is more of an undersquare engine compared to the 2ZR-FE(square engine). It also has a longer stroke so the new Corollas are higher revving engine which is why max torue is only reached at 4,400prm with 175Nm compared to the 1ZZ-FE 4,200rpm, 170Nm. So maybe the difference might be minor but who knows, maybe they are built more like the 1NZ-FE(Yaris) which has conrods like pencils or it could even be the total opposite with a boost thirsty engine that is waiting to be slapped with 12psi.

So maybe the difference might be minor but who knows, maybe they are built more like the 1NZ-FE(Yaris) which has conrods like pencils or it could even be the total opposite with a boost thirsty engine that is waiting to be slapped with 12psi.

There is only ONE way to find out and that is by bolting on a slug and finding out how long it takes for the engine to go boom! :lol: Nice way to spend 30k

I quite like the look of the new Corolla Hatches, hence why I purchased one.

Originally I was going to go for the Yaris YRX Hatch cos I really liked the look of its small sporty lookin' body, but then I thought the interior looked really cheap and nasty! I guess for its price, you can't really ask for a lot.

Sure the new rollas look a little like a fat Yaris but I think it looks nice. Of course, the new style isn't gonna suite everyone's cuppa tea. Some may think it's funky, some may think it's tragic. Differences in opinion is what makes us humans I guess... ;)

A few peeves tho is the gear stick being raised and in that position (have knocked it accidently a few times), and not having enough compartments. Oh and only the 1 cig lighter/utility socket. :g:

Other than that, it's a great little car. :)

I believe one of the standout features of the new Corolla is its interior. They look bloody awesome! (one of the major reasons why I got a Levin ZR 6sp). Bundled with relatively better fuel economy (due to dual vvti) and Toyota's unquestionable build quality, its a very solid car. YES it is heavier (1300kg) and YES it looks like a Yaris on some serious steriods, nevertheless it is arguably the HOTTEST Corolla released. :yahoo:

Manny

New Corolla looks in my opinion like a ZZE122/3 facelift that's been put in the microwave and has started to melt :ph34r:

true that man the new ones look so tacky and so not hotter than the 03-05 models :unsure:

and taking away the sportivo and givin eveyone the one option..... how bland and stupid by toyota.

the only thing going for it iss that is has 6 spd manual on all models. and speaking of the engine it looks as if the whole thing is made of plastic. shame really

IMO..the new rolla sedan = nice

the hatchback...they`re just trying too hard..its like perfecting something which is already perfect..

the hatchback IMO..no offence to those of u who drives it..is too ' BUBBLY ' and looks really friendly..

like someone said b4..the only way is to get a kit..

Not too keen on the hatches of the new ones, when I was purchasing my corolla last year they had all the pics of the new hatches and I just couldnt stand em compared to the model at the time so I grabbed on of the last ones and am pleased as with it. But I have seen the new sedans and they are nice, didnt even recognise it as I thought it was some bodykitted camry. It kinda looks like a baby camry... Is toyota doing something funny...Corolla looks like Bigger Yaris...Corolla Looks like Baby Camry...hmmm

I love it, and that interior, funky! There is nothing else like it available at the moment with such a quirky interior, maybe the Citroen C4. I just purchased a 6sp Levin ZR, waiting 2 weeks for delivery but, getting sunroof and aftermarket 17” fitted. I spent 2 months test driving almost every $30k hatch and narrowed it down to the Levin ZR, Golf comfort line and Impreza RS. Although it’s the best looking from the outside, for the same money the Golf just didn’t have nearly as many features, it’s a great car but compared to the ZR, kinda dull and conservative. Seems Toyota is aiming the new Rolla at new younger market, and I recon its working. They have done a great job making more appealing to the tech savvy 20 something year olds who want some style and good value for money.

Maybe not the prettiest thing on the road, but far for ugly, and you definitely can’t call it boring.

Can’t wait for some cool aftermarket goodies to become available! Its a shame the euro TRD version has no performance upgrades. Where's the 150kw supercharged GTI eater??!!!

Edited by -ALFI-

Not too keen on the hatches of the new ones, when I was purchasing my corolla last year they had all the pics of the new hatches and I just couldnt stand em compared to the model at the time so I grabbed on of the last ones and am pleased as with it. But I have seen the new sedans and they are nice, didnt even recognise it as I thought it was some bodykitted camry. It kinda looks like a baby camry... Is toyota doing something funny...Corolla looks like Bigger Yaris...Corolla Looks like Baby Camry...hmmm

It's just toyota doign what BMW and now Mazda have done for years. A common styling factor across various models.

Mazda 2,3,6 all have very similiar styling lines.

BMW 1,3,5 series as well as thier 4wd's have the same treatment with similiar front ends.

Personally i hate it and I don't want to buy say a corolla and people say it's a Yaris or a Camry.