Do u guys really like the new corolla

I was a bit skeptical at first but after two weeks behind the wheel I am very happy with the new Corolla, inside and out

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too keen on the hatches of the new ones, when I was purchasing my corolla last year they had all the pics of the new hatches and I just couldnt stand em compared to the model at the time so I grabbed on of the last ones and am pleased as with it. But I have seen the new sedans and they are nice, didnt even recognise it as I thought it was some bodykitted camry. It kinda looks like a baby camry... Is toyota doing something funny...Corolla looks like Bigger Yaris...Corolla Looks like Baby Camry...hmmm

It's just toyota doign what BMW and now Mazda have done for years. A common styling factor across various models.

Mazda 2,3,6 all have very similiar styling lines.

BMW 1,3,5 series as well as thier 4wd's have the same treatment with similiar front ends.

Personally i hate it and I don't want to buy say a corolla and people say it's a Yaris or a Camry.

talk about same styling

Look at Peugeot. All their series looks the same. I cant even tell the differences.

Edited by sugizo_esp

Ok for more detailed thoughts on the new Corolla. I have travelled just over 3,000kms now and I am quite impressed with the car. I have a manual Levin SX and at first I thought the gear lever would take a lot of getting used to but it hasn't it feels a natural position. The handling of the car has surprised me I am quite impressed with it I was expecting to have to do a full sports suspension kit for it but now it looks like it will just be lowering springs. Styling wise I love the exterior the only criticism is the black strip where a front lip would go (it needs a front spoiler at least on the Levins - I will probably go either TRD or TTE) and that it needs lowering. I am amazed with the amount of space in the car and the layout.

My only gripe when purchasing the car was that no dealership was prepared to bundle in TRD goodies even if I paid full price for them but had them included with the car (so the finance company could look after the cost and I wouldn't notice I was paying $100 per month extra instead of having to save up and then part with some serious money.

Before I got the Corolla I had been driving an Aurion ATX while I waited for delivery and personally I prefer the Corolla

Ok for more detailed thoughts on the new Corolla. I have travelled just over 3,000kms now and I am quite impressed with the car. I have a manual Levin SX and at first I thought the gear lever would take a lot of getting used to but it hasn't it feels a natural position. The handling of the car has surprised me I am quite impressed with it I was expecting to have to do a full sports suspension kit for it but now it looks like it will just be lowering springs. Styling wise I love the exterior the only criticism is the black strip where a front lip would go (it needs a front spoiler at least on the Levins - I will probably go either TRD or TTE) and that it needs lowering. I am amazed with the amount of space in the car and the layout.

My only gripe when purchasing the car was that no dealership was prepared to bundle in TRD goodies even if I paid full price for them but had them included with the car (so the finance company could look after the cost and I wouldn't notice I was paying $100 per month extra instead of having to save up and then part with some serious money.

Before I got the Corolla I had been driving an Aurion ATX while I waited for delivery and personally I prefer the Corolla

i also drive a sx they could have at least put climate control on it but nevertheless i like it to I've got a euro, camry grande current one and driven a few other cars i still prefer the corolla for some reason it feels like your driving a big car yet its small and luxurious the materials they've used and the craftsmanship throughout the car proves that corolla really means quality comparing to epica, lancer those cars are not made with the quality you see in a corolla every cent is worth it for it and i've had it for about 8 months now and driven almost 18,000km still runs smoothly no problems

i also drive a sx they could have at least put climate control on it but nevertheless i like it to I've got a euro, camry grande current one and driven a few other cars i still prefer the corolla for some reason it feels like your driving a big car yet its small and luxurious the materials they've used and the craftsmanship throughout the car proves that corolla really means quality comparing to epica, lancer those cars are not made with the quality you see in a corolla every cent is worth it for it and i've had it for about 8 months now and driven almost 18,000km still runs smoothly no problems

WHOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Go the Rolla CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely positively definitely agree! :clap:

Edited by Emmanuel

My car is due for its 20,000 km service soon, and the only problem i have with it is that the handbrake takes one more notch to hold it still when i get out of it to shut the gate to our property, other than that its running perfectly. compare it to my mates 06 lancer with 11000, and you'd swear that the corolla is far newer... I also like the styling (interior especially), only qualms are the rear bumper that seems a little bland, other than that i think its a really solid style and to me it looks above any other hatch in its class, the sedan is far more conservatively styled.

My car is due for its 20,000 km service soon, and the only problem i have with it is that the handbrake takes one more notch to hold it still when i get out of it to shut the gate to our property, other than that its running perfectly. compare it to my mates 06 lancer with 11000, and you'd swear that the corolla is far newer... I also like the styling (interior especially), only qualms are the rear bumper that seems a little bland, other than that i think its a really solid style and to me it looks above any other hatch in its class, the sedan is far more conservatively styled.

my friend also has a lancer they are **** quality build anything you touch seems like its going to break or its just not built with quality thats how they sell there cars so cheap cause they are **** he's on almost 30,000km seems like he had it for at least 10 years and its only been 1.5 years i just washed down my car myself and dry it nicely looks brand new after almost a year

The new Corolla - or Auris as its now called over here looks 5hite. back looks like a micra with a fat ar5e and the rest of it looks like a Peugot..... to make it worse the performance version we get is a diesel :angry: judging by the Auris forum on the UK TOC they are not happy with them at all.

mike

Edited by AE102

The new Corolla - or Auris as its now called over here looks 5hite. back looks like a micra with a fat ar5e and the rest of it looks like a Peugot..... to make it worse the performance version we get is a diesel :angry: judging by the Auris forum on the UK TOC they are not happy with them at all.

mike

every car hasa its good and bad

But theres still lot of people on TOC who like the car

we get no performance model here as well

mike

sort of what i was thinking but didnt want to say it.. but everyone has their own oppinion :rolleyes:

have the cold air intakes an exhausts been made yet?? has anyone got one, interested to see the difference..

mike

sort of what i was thinking but didnt want to say it.. but everyone has their own oppinion :rolleyes:

have the cold air intakes an exhausts been made yet?? has anyone got one, interested to see the difference..

TTE do a chip for them - takes the 2.2 diesel from 177bhp to 201bhp. sorry we dont work on kw like you's and the rest of Europe?

mike

mike

TTE do a chip for them - takes the 2.2 diesel from 177bhp to 201bhp. sorry we dont work on kw like you's and the rest of Europe?

mike

Is there anything for the 2ZR-FE (1.8L) model? That is the only engine version we have available here in Australia.

the 2ZR-FE engine is only used in Australia and Japan (Maybe Africa too) at the moment. But everywhere else, they have 1.4 petrol, 1.6 petrol, 2.0 diesel, and 2.2 Diesel (sport) models. In the USA the 2009 corolla will get the 2ZR-FE, and the new Scion XB (or XD, not sure) will also. Until this engine is released to these large markets I doubt there will be much in the way of performance products, but if you can read japanese you're bound to find some :yahoo:

haha but then he'll build a robot suit and kill you.

lol :clap:

Bahahahaaa, just saw the movie a week ago, have to say its not that great.

I go to uni with someone who teases me coz he reckons my car looks like a yaris, which i can see where he's coming from... but that's coming from someone who drives a daewoo lanos...