sat nav kluger grande

dlodlo

Hi all does anybody know what brand the sat nav is in the new grande or any hacks to fix the problems ie I agree screen, black out while driving, no speeds or altitudes shown, old maps, change the voice etc. Also no input for the kids playstation in the rear dvd is a pain

I love the car it is fantastic but to not get some features you get in a $2oo gps is stupid

Oh and no ipod input what a great idea that was !!!!

Any help would be much appreciated

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Nav is Denso.

You cannot change the I agree screen,

But you can unplug the "blue" line at the back to disable the speed sensor, so it will stay on while driving. But later model like ours prob will continue when the GPS signal detects movements.

No speed or altitude shown

There should be a new map coming soon, it works across the range of Toyota and Lexus and we will hear about it from other owners.

People in the US can get RCA input and there is a video button on the DVD but not sure if they are functional.

Still the sat nav is better than your 200$ GPS, because it is a much better receiver and update is 5 times faster than one college's top of the range tom tom. The best portable can only do 1 update per second.

All your thrustration towards the unit is software related, and I am sure there is upgrade for it... if they ever listen :unsure: .

Thanks takahashi

I agree it is an excellent unit for finding destination it is much better than portable units, also the bluetooth for the phone is excellent . It is just a pitty it doesnt have the other features.

apparently I need a "lock pick" (it plugs into the back) to fix the issues, they have them for alot of cars in the USA but cant find one for the kluger /highlander on the internet

Also some people put a switch on the console to fool unit it is stationary.

A new map with sofware from toyota would be nice , dont fancy our chances though

Sat Nav is Denso.

You cannot change the I agree screen,

But you can unplug the "blue" line at the back to disable the speed sensor, so it will stay on while driving. But later model like ours prob will continue when the GPS signal detects movements.

No speed or altitude shown

There should be a new map coming soon, it works across the range of Toyota and Lexus and we will hear about it from other owners.

People in the US can get RCA input and there is a video button on the DVD but not sure if they are functional.

Still the sat nav is better than your 200$ GPS, because it is a much better receiver and update is 5 times faster than one college's top of the range tom tom. The best portable can only do 1 update per second.

All your thrustration towards the unit is software related, and I am sure there is upgrade for it... if they ever listen :unsure: .

Well might be getting somewhere with the sat nav hack.

After much playing have discoved that if you hold the info button on and turn the headlights on and off you get into the programming screens.

seems to have a screen to set speeds for blacking out features when moving , is set at 0km cant work out how to change it. Also has plenty of other info that will take time to work out. Please have a go at your units and see what you come up with. I will keep trying

All we need is a detailed service manual for this unit with the steps to follow and i think it would be very simple, anyone have any ideas how to get one.

Found a video on utube about this denso unit and it will do lots of things that Toyota Aust havent activated in our units, it is absurd they have chosen to not use some of the features(everyone should send an email to toyota complaining)

After much playing have discoved that if you hold the info button on and turn the headlights on and off you get into the programming screens.

seems to have a screen to set speeds for blacking out features when moving , is set at 0km cant work out how to change it. Also has plenty of other info that will take time to work out. Please have a go at your units and see what you come up with. I will keep trying

All we need is a detailed service manual for this unit with the steps to follow and i think it would be very simple, anyone have any ideas how to get one.

Found a video on utube about this denso unit and it will do lots of things that Toyota Aust havent activated in our units, it is absurd they have chosen to not use some of the features(everyone should send an email to toyota complaining)

Great find,

How the heck did you think of trying that.

Found a video on utube about this denso unit and it will do lots of things that Toyota Aust haven't activated in our units, it is absurd they have chosen to not use some of the features(everyone should send an email to Toyota complaining)

GOOD FIND,

Going out to play, thats such an irritating feature the speed safety cut out it sometimes more dangerous as you dont wont to move in traffic to enter a street name, sounds like we may able to do it on the run now :yahoo: working on getting the work shop manual but its locked on the main Toyota PCs NOT A DVD OR Disc so I have been told ....Bugger...

Edited by PC XT

Found a video on utube about this denso unit and it will do lots of things that Toyota Aust haven't activated in our units, it is absurd they have chosen to not use some of the features(everyone should send an email to Toyota complaining)

GOOD FIND,

Going out to play, thats such an irritating feature the speed safety cut out it sometimes more dangerous as you dont wont to move in traffic to enter a street name, sound like we may able to do it on the run now :yahoo: working on getting the work shop manual but its locked on the main Toyota PCs NOT A DVD OR Disc so I have been told ....Bugger...

I have read heaps of posts for the previous sat nav in toyotas and they had a code along similar lines, has taken lots of reading. I new it would not have been changed to much, so just kept trying buttons.

Now need to work out what sequence of buttons you use to change settings when you are in these screens. There must be someone that can work it out, maybe I need to post on some US sites how to access programming screens , plenty of tech heads over there. I havent seen any posts that they have accessed program screens over there yet.

Keep trying!!!!!!!!!

GOOD FIND,

Going out to play, thats such an irritating feature the speed safety cut out it sometimes more dangerous as you dont wont to move in traffic to enter a street name, sound like we may able to do it on the run now :yahoo: working on getting the work shop manual but its locked on the main Toyota PCs NOT A DVD OR Disc so I have been told ....Bugger...

I have read heaps of posts for the previous sat nav in toyotas and they had a code along similar lines, has taken lots of reading. I new it would not have been changed to much, so just kept trying buttons.

Now need to work out what sequence of buttons you use to change settings when you are in these screens. There must be someone that can work it out, maybe I need to post on some US sites how to access programming screens , plenty of tech heads over there. I havent seen any posts that they have accessed program screens over there yet.

Keep trying!!!!!!!!!

Doesnt work for me! :angry:

I think I get something different. I can see two different menus.

I have my car running and have the parking lights on, keep the finger on the info button and switch the lights off-on three times, or keep my finger on the display button then off-on 3 times.

Lots of interesting info and diagnostics but I couldnt fint the screen for the blacking out features, found a screen to adjust the mic input level for the bluetooth though, which was a bonus as I always thought the mic was a bit low.

Looks like theres lots to play with and it could even provide info that gets used by the toyota service guys.???

Also found the Bluetooth mic level screen. What sort of number are you setting?

seeing only levels 0-5, I selected 2 it was on 0

Sat Nav is Denso.

Nope, its Fujitsu Ten

Cheers

Not sure about that when I interrogate the dvd player it says its a denso 16b2 or something like that.

Not sure if they have different versions.

Cheers

I have my car running and have the parking lights on, keep the finger on the info button and switch the lights off-on three times, or keep my finger on the display button then off-on 3 times.

Lots of interesting info and diagnostics but I couldnt fint the screen for the blacking out features, found a screen to adjust the mic input level for the bluetooth though, which was a bonus as I always thought the mic was a bit low.

Looks like theres lots to play with and it could even provide info that gets used by the toyota service guys.???

I get the same screens the screen i thought was speed sensors actually shows your km/h and miles ph took it for a drive in this screen and it shows your speed, speedo is not acurate or vise versa.

I get a screen that you can select camera and it is greyed out sure i could adjust it when i first went into menus ?

Sat Nav is Denso.

Nope, its Fujitsu Ten

Cheers

Not sure about that when I interrogate the dvd player it says its a denso 16b2 or something like that.

Cheers

Says on the screen Denso 1670 disc info v06.10.10 as per screen

Sat Nav is Denso.

Nope, its Fujitsu Ten

Cheers

Cheers

DVD player is Denso,but Sat nav head unit is Fujitsu (i had it out when trying to work out IPOD connector)

Lots of interesting info and diagnostics but I couldn't faint the screen for the blacking out features, found a screen to adjust the Mic input level for the blue tooth though, which was a bonus as I always thought the Mic was a bit low.

Looks like theres lots to play with and it could even provide info that gets used by the Toyota service guys.???

Yep saw all the Diagnostic screens every one is talking about, we need more info on, I tried Toyota again today with out any luck...still trying time will tell

Nice Avatar PC XT, looks really good in that pic, where abaouts was that?

Anyway will definitely need more investigating on the sat-nav.

I wonder if there is an invisible button on the screen that you need to keep pressed to invoke any menus similar to the Range-Rover Denso units?

So did you manage to iPOD it?
DVD player is Denso,but Sat nav head unit is Fujitsu (i had it out when trying to work out IPOD connector)

Nope :angry:

There is no harness listing on Toyota parts list.

Seeing it have empty 12 pin slot at the back of the unit i contacted Fujitsu (I work for Toyota-went official way) but their answer is that Unit is NOT IPOD compatible.

I will try to find out what's 12 pin slot for........................

Lots of interesting info and diagnostics but I couldn't faint the screen for the blacking out features, found a screen to adjust the Mic input level for the blue tooth though, which was a bonus as I always thought the Mic was a bit low.

Looks like theres lots to play with and it could even provide info that gets used by the Toyota service guys.???

Yep saw all the Diagnostic screens every one is talking about, we need more info on, I tried Toyota again today with out any luck...still trying time will tell

I will try Service Manual and will post if there is any good info............

Thanks. As I've posted here earlier I've got 2 quotes (e.g. from 2 independent car electronic shops) to iPod the car; both quotes were >$600. So I guess it might involve bit more than just taking the cover off and insterting a cable into the slot, but I'm worried now; Guess will find out soon (end of Feb).

Nope :angry:

There is no harness listing on Toyota parts list.

Seeing it have empty 12 pin slot at the back of the unit i contacted Fujitsu (I work for Toyota-went official way) but their answer is that Unit is NOT IPOD compatible.

I will try to find out what's 12 pin slot for........................

Sat Nav is Denso.

Nope, its Fujitsu Ten

Cheers

Cheers

OK.

Double checked today at work.......

Sat Nav unit and DVD are Fujitsu Ten/Eclipse.

Its same Company (BTW owned by Toyota)..Fujitsu deals with Toyota and few other Car manufacturer.Eclipse is for retail only.

Software on both is Denso.

Map is Sensis.

Toyota Service Manual has only few basic optional settings (language,mic. sensitivity) but none of things we are interested.

I will keep digging.........

Nice Avatar PC XT, looks really good in that pic, where abouts was that?

Anyway will definitely need more investigating on the sat-nav.

I wonder if there is an invisible button on the screen that you need to keep pressed to invoke any menus similar to the Range-Rover Denso units?

Thanks it was a top spot we stopped at on the cost road from Foster, Elizabeth Beach felt like we were in Hawaii

• 2 weeks later...

Sat Nav is Denso.

Nope, its Fujitsu Ten

Cheers

Cheers

OK.

Double checked today at work.......

Sat Nav unit and DVD are Fujitsu Ten/Eclipse.

Its same Company (BTW owned by Toyota)..Fujitsu deals with Toyota and few other Car manufacturer.Eclipse is for retail only.

Software on both is Denso.

Map is Sensis.

Toyota Service Manual has only few basic optional settings (language,mic. sensitivity) but none of things we are interested.

I will keep digging.........

Any news Edited by dlodlo