xracing skirts

dayve

gday guys/girls

spent the whole morning trying to source some skirts from toyota--> no avail...ridiculous prices. No wreckers in perth had any either :S

then emailed this dood from XRACING MOTORSPORT..since its an eastern states company (sydney)..was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before?? they quoted me $295 delivered/insured but unpainted to WA. What do you think of the price? and anyone had experiences with them?

thats what im looking at..just press on the dodgy image lol

http://www.xracing.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=2360

he also told me to get a measurement of side of my facelift hatch so he could match the skirts up . i roughly got 180-184cm. sound normal?

any opinions is appreciated

cheers

im considering going 2 xracing to get my carmate frontbar installed....

ever since i saw the x-customs page in their website last year, im pretty sure they can get it to fit right. dont think it would be cheap though.. they said somewhere to think about the quality of the work and dont compare price.

but yea merrylands is a bit too far for my liking, theres another place in arndell park that might be able to help me.. although it looks like they do more holden/fords than anything else.

check carmate as well since you are after bodykit stuff.. theres gotta be a decent body shop up @ your end.

speaking of which, i was at church last sunday and saw a dark blue prefacelift rolla on chromies with that front bar installed! wasnt too impressed... didnt look like a great fit, nothing but holes where the foggies should be and to top it off.. the paint didnt match.

gotta be extra careful of that when i get my frontbar done.

i always intended on buying that exact type of frontbar anyway! i even started a thread about it long ago (before tom put his up 4 sale) :P

(sorry 2 hijack this thread):P

anyway.. you can check either xracing or carmate and compare prices.. go with either of em but just expect that some work might need to be done to them for a perfect fit!

EDIT:

just wondering if anyone in sydneys west can recommend a decent place to get fibreglass work done on your car that wont chrge an arm and a leg?

Edited by JJCRU23R

gday guys/girls

spent the whole morning trying to source some skirts from toyota--> no avail...ridiculous prices. No wreckers in perth had any either :S

then emailed this dood from XRACING MOTORSPORT..since its an eastern states company (sydney)..was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before?? they quoted me $295 delivered/insured but unpainted to WA. What do you think of the price? and anyone had experiences with them?

he also told me to get a measurement of side of my facelift hatch so he could match the skirts up . i roughly got 180-184cm. sound normal?

cheers

hey do we have any bodykit shops in WA??

gday guys/girls

cheers

umm we have a few in Perth. Fibrevision which is a jetspeed distributor

and also Spoilershop. Guy called Bruce I talked to at fibrevision seemed quite honest/helpful but he said he'd have to order skirts from eastern states.

but yeah xracing was the cheapest skirt place I could find. Only problem is...will it fit? :unsure: guess I need to ask them more questions <_<

so according to JJCRU23R you think they are good quality mate? haha cant believe the tried to sell stuff on here lol.

so final thoughts on the price and workmanship?

guess ill keep you all updated :D

cheers

gday guys/girls

cheers

umm we have a few in Perth. Fibrevision which is a jetspeed distributor

and also Spoilershop. Guy called Bruce I talked to at fibrevision seemed quite honest/helpful but he said he'd have to order skirts from eastern states.

but yeah xracing was the cheapest skirt place I could find. Only problem is...will it fit? :unsure: guess I need to ask them more questions <_<

so according to JJCRU23R you think they are good quality mate? haha cant believe the tried to sell stuff on here lol.

so final thoughts on the price and workmanship?

guess ill keep you all updated :D

cheers

yeah Fibervision..Bozzurolla also asked me to go there..i think they know him :)

as far as ive been in on TOCAU, i havent heard or seen anyone complaining about aftermarket sideskirts not fitting. sideskirts and rears are the same size whether you have a facelift or preface... yea that about says it.. i havent seen bad fitting sideskirts for our generation of corollas.

i cant really speak further on this, since i dont have sideskirts (yet)! but there are others on this forum who have aftermarket sideskirts that should be able to know about it for sure.

Edited by JJCRU23R

we are very unlucky here in wa not much around body wise..

i have been to a couple of totoya dealers and got rediculous prices..

fibre vision is good but expensive and have a pretty long waiting list last time i went there..

also have been to spoilershop in myaree and they can only get the talon kit for the hatch

MUAHAHAHAHA!

whether you like em or not, they are still an option if you want to buy fb kits! i also said that any parts you get would probebly need extra modification to make it fit.. just being fair and explaining options.

(btw: is that pic from happy gilmore?)

Edited by JJCRU23R

Yeah i searched up "carmate" in google and it came up with some opinions from other forums.

Not many happy people from SAU http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Car-Mate-t97997.html So yeah think I might steer clear of them.

Ooh btw..has anyone ever considered these guys on ebay that do spoilers? I constantly see them advertising on there..wonder if they are any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-COROLLA-HATC...1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks for all the replies so far

• 8 months later...
yo davo,

how come you never ended up gettin the skirts from xracing? :P

haha cos from most ppl they rckn its kinda a dodgy place-also it not being a perfect fit wuld be annoying..cost more to modify it

i got the genuine sportivo side skirts instead and me and the boys just put it on ourselves..perfect fit :)

yo davo,

how come you never ended up gettin the skirts from xracing? :P

haha cos from most ppl they rckn its kinda a dodgy place-also it not being a perfect fit wuld be annoying..cost more to modify it

i got the genuine sportivo side skirts instead and me and the boys just put it on ourselves..perfect fit :)

lol ahk. dang..so many things to get - not so much money to spend =/

btw henry told me u fitted ur skirts + spoiler urself - need much work? any drilling or anythin?

im thinkin i might try n fit everything myself and save some $$ :D