new owner of a 2nd hand Corolla

caleb

hi all,

i've just recently purchase a 2nd hand corolla hatcback build 2005.

unfornately, the car only came with 1 set of keys, and i would like to get an extra set, i rang up toyota at waterloo, sydney and got a quote of 400+ to get an extra set of keys. which is really alot to pay. :unsure:

so does anyone know how/where i can get duplicate keys (with keyless entry) for a cheaper price?

You really need to provide more information first...

Is it an Ascent? If so, it uses a standard master key and depending on model year, a Vision sourced - Toyota branded remote. Key is about $70 plus cutting, remote is about $35, plus programming.

If it's a Conquest/Levin/Ultima/Sportivo, then it will use a (Fujitsu Ten sourced) combined Toyota master key/remote. These are the dear ones ($278 list, by memory) so by the time you add on mark-up, cutting and programming, yes, you'll be looking at around $400 if yours is other than an Ascent.

Is it an Ascent? If so, it uses a standard master key and depending on model year, a Vision sourced - Toyota branded remote. Key is about $70 plus cutting, remote is about $35, plus programming.

If it's a Conquest/Levin/Ultima/Sportivo, then it will use a (Fujitsu Ten sourced) combined Toyota master key/remote. These are the dear ones ($278 list, by memory) so by the time you add on mark-up, cutting and programming, yes, you'll be looking at around $400 if yours is other than an Ascent.

i asked my dealer before and they quoted me $300 for the keys.

my is a ascent. but the previous owner had his car broken into before so he had the key/remote has been replaced (they are both seperate and not on one key) so its not the original ones that toyota gives?