Kluger II Footbrake

mrbishi

My Mrs drives the car most of the time but from almost day 1 I suspected the handbrke/footbrake was not biting enough, I had it reported for the first 1000km service but they said it was alright. ( I suspect they probably didnt even look at it, but I never had the opportunity to check it )

Anyway the other day I was parking on a steepish driveway and no way was the handbrake up to the task, not even close. The car kept moving and I had to rely on the lynch pin to stop her. Im not a big fan of the foot brake thats for sure.

Definitely will get them to have a proper look at 10k which is still a long 3k away and have them provide a proper report.

Anyone elses footbrake not working as well as you thought it should?

My Mrs drives the car most of the time but from almost day 1 I suspected the handbrke/footbrake was not biting enough, I had it reported for the first 1000km service but they said it was alright. ( I suspect they probably didnt even look at it, but I never had the opportunity to check it )

Anyway the other day I was parking on a steepish driveway and no way was the handbrake up to the task, not even close. The car kept moving and I had to rely on the lynch pin to stop her. Im not a big fan of the foot brake thats for sure.

Definitely will get them to have a proper look at 10k which is still a long 3k away and have them provide a proper report.

Anyone elses footbrake not working as well as you thought it should?

Hey mrbishi

Had exact same problem ,rented a house at chrissy time with a steep drive, hand brake didnt do a thing and it was flat to the floor .just done 1000km service and seems to be fixed.I hate the foot brake but my wife loves it.

you would think they would adjust them b4 handover

I am going to tell you that they dont really look into much at 1,000k cause they just want to get the car in and out and they are only looking over for any bad things that the built plant may have missed that could cause a danger for you. But im sure when you go in for your 10k service and tell them to adjust they will do it this time cause they will have to take of the wheels for the service so they will adjust it for you i hope this info helped you out a bit.

Thanks guys,

Thought about doing it myself, but its a lease car so better leave it for the service dudes.

BTW Im not sure how straight forward a footbrake adjustment would be. Not sure how the travel works because to release it you have to push it down further so if its too tight can you still release it without fully stretcching/pushing the the pedal????? not sure how it works.

My Mrs drives the car most of the time but from almost day 1 I suspected the handbrake/foot brake was not biting enough, I had it reported for the first 1000km service but they said it was alright. ( I suspect they probably didn't even look at it, but I never had the opportunity to check it )

Anyone else's foot brake not working as well as you thought it should?

Ours is crappy too, you have to stand on it to get it too work affectively

Edited by PC XT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I know this is a old topic, is any one still having trouble with their foot park brake.

The park foot brake on my kluger is rubbish it can barely hold on a slope, luckily its a auto and you can put it in to park otherwise it would be still rolling down the hill. You can quiet easily drive away with park brake on and not even realise its on , infact it happened the other day while I was driving out of mitre ten car park hearing chime then realising YOU LEFT YOUR PARK BRAKE ON DAVID.

• 2 weeks later...

try a foot brake in a Merc, you cannot roll in drive even with a V8. Now Toyota take note on how a real footbrake actually works.

When we had the kluger it never held. complained every service but after the first free one they said as it is a wear and tear item it would cost extra to adjust. They did it once for free and still didnt hold. Just dont forget to leave it in P.

Cheers mate.

I was going get them to look at it at the next service, but after reading your post I dont think I will bother, they didnt fix your park brake so theres a chance they wont be able fix mine properly.

I wish I had the mercs parkbrake.