Changing the head unit on a 1995 Vienta

colonelfeline

Hi guys

I recently bought a 1995 Vienta and am looking to change the head unit to a new cd deck (which i have bought)

Since I'm very new to this, I was wondering if you guys new of a step-by-step guide to doing this? My brother may be able to help me install the new deck, but he needs to know where the screws are located...

Also, what oil is recommended for my car?

Thanks heaps

James

It's as simple as takin out that u shaped plastic bracket (the piece that has the ciggy lighter in it). Use a flat head screw driver and get that off, then there's 4 screws that hold the HU in mate. Get a small socket onto it and there ya go. The wiring diagram is straight forward... I didn't actually cut my wiring, I ended up getting some small flat prongs that you can solder the end of the cable onto, and then push the prong into the stock wiring harness (WOW Sight n Sound do it)... I ended up following their idea. (The prong - 3mm wide... 10mm long... flat piece.) Ya can get em for Jaycar.

Once ya wired these things onto the new HU, just plug em into the original harness and some electric tape around it... no sound quality problems... connection problems are the exact same, if not better.

This will come in handy... if you can't read it, sign up... the best "go to" area for Camry questions.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220549

Hi mate, if you get stuck, have a look at this site here http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Toyota/Camry.html

It has a downloadable PDF file with instructions & photos on how to take the stereo out and put another back in (factory & non factory).

The one for the Gen3 Camry is the 92-95 listing halfway down the page.

I found the site very helpful as I need to change the Japanese spec. stereo (FM 76mhz-90.0mhz) :( in my 88 SV25 to an aussie one and needed to know how to get the damn thing out.

See how you go with that. Shouldn't be too hard from what I read in the PDF file.