TRD Hilux Pics

It was pretty Lame, and TMC didnt do it any favours by sticking it in the back corner where everyone walked past it....

I can back that up since I got there at 4:30 to take pics of cars, and didn't even notice the TRD Hi-Lux while getting TRD Aurion pics....which was right next to it :unsure:

Edited by SuperDave

Its performance credentials might be ok but I think it's very underdone in the looks department. When I think TRD hilux, I imagine something like the ones used by top gear to reach the North Pole. Big Wide Guard extentions and very big wheels and tyres. Despite the engine, I would rather get a lower spec Hilux and add a nice set of wheels than get this.

Slippy, Corolla is the top selling model in Australia, but Hilux is the top selling model in QLD which is why they did the TRD Hilux launch at the Brisbane show.

^+1 I agree, looks as if TRD just added some decals replaced the front bumper and slammed in a supercharger...

I would love for someone to shave off the door handles, bag it so that its stomach touches the floor and add some big a$$ wheels. I wanna see a TRD Hilux throwing sparks!

^+1 I agree, looks as if TRD just added some decals replaced the front bumper and slammed in a supercharger...

I would love for someone to shave off the door handles, bag it so that its stomach touches the floor and add some big a$$ wheels. I wanna see a TRD Hilux throwing sparks!

I don't see the point in lowering a Hilux. A body lift is what you want :D

I don't see the point in lowering a Hilux. A body lift is what you want :D

haha lol what ever floats your boat then :spiteful: ... (im more into the mini-truck scene than off-road monsters)

It has a different front bar to the other models but the rest of the car visually looks the same. Mag wheels that look like hub caps and the interior is the same as the other models apart from the leather trim and TRD logo embossed into them.

Definately needs 2 tone colour scheme(red/silver) with big rims (20's) and nice wide street rubber. More colour and differences in the interior and a few extra gauges on the dash.

A car like this is more likely to stay on the streets than go offroad so why not give it a bit more street cred and lose the 4wd idea and run with the mini truck theme.

Then if they sell well do a 4WD version with big flares on the wheel arches and big off road rubber not crappy looking factory rubber.

Northy at least the Mitsubishi stand was "easy" on the eye. :toast:

And the VW stand was full of beautifull looking blue cars of which we drooled over for about an hour....

A car like this is more likely to stay on the streets than go offroad so why not give it a bit more street cred and lose the 4wd idea and run with the mini truck theme.

This is exactly the reason why it's poor marketing... They're torn between two target markets!!!!!!!!!!!! Offroaders vs. Truckers

good thing about hilux its jst tht they r soo unbreakable.......i personally like the mini trucking scene...looks alot hotter...bt i still say the older hilux pre 2000 ones looked way way better

i think the trucker types would more appreciate the TACOMA that came out in the US....

if only the TRD hilux had that kinda face... *drroooooolzzz*

its rear wheel drive people!

04_chicago%202005_toyota_tacoma_xrunner_open_door%20front_right_view.jpg

WAKE UP toyota AUSTRALIA!

Edited by JJCRU23R

i think the trucker types would more appreciate the TACOMA that came out in the US....

if only the TRD hilux had that kinda face... *drroooooolzzz*

its rear wheel drive people!

04_chicago%202005_toyota_tacoma_xrunner_open_door%20front_right_view.jpg

WAKE UP toyota AUSTRALIA!

4 WHEELS OF FURYYYY!

I AM TEH LAWWWGIVAHHHH!