Child Restraint Anchor Points

aardvark

taswegian - if you had two baby seats in the 2nd row, how would you even get to the 3rd row without removing one of the seats everytime??

Remove the middle seat and store it under the centre console. Then walk through.

what - by climbing over the baby seats? good luck!

You're probably not aware that the middle seat in the second row is removable. If you were to remove the middle seat, you have a small space to walk through between the two second row seats into the 3rd row. If you only require 6 seats in the car and not much storage space in the rear, this is the perfect configuration.

You're probably not aware that the middle seat in the second row is removable. If you were to remove the middle seat, you have a small space to walk through between the two second row seats into the 3rd row. If you only require 6 seats in the car and not much storage space in the rear, this is the perfect configuration.

I'm aware. Taswegian was talking about having 2 baby seats in the 2nd row, which would block access to the middle seat.

I'm aware. Taswegian was talking about having 2 baby seats in the 2nd row, which would block access to the middle seat.

How will it block access to the middle seat, if it is removed? Taswegian wants 2 baby seats in the second row, then have the middle seat removed, for access to the 3rd row seat for the boy and the 3rd baby seat.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

In October I am planning on taking the Kluger from Adelaide to Victoria for the MotoGP. In the vehicle will be myself (6 foot), my wife (5'11"), my brother in law (6'4") and my sister-in-law (6") PLUS our two 2 year olds. The kids aren't yet big enough to be in booster seats, so they will stay in their capsule seat thingos.

At the moment, the only option is to have them in the second row seats, where the anchor points are, and stick a couple of 6 footers in the 3rd row of seats for the 1100km trip!!!

So, I made some enquiries and have found a place in Adelaide who are authorised under Australian Standards to fit extra anchor points. I gave them a call and was shocked at the price.

$64 per point!!!! BARGAIN! I will be getting two extra points put in for the 3rd row seats.

Why the hell don't Toyota do this?

[twitter][/twitter]

Hello

I have the same need. Can you tell me who you used in Adelaide. I'm in SA too & have 5 kids, 2 in bab seats now in the 2nd row. Climb thru really painful for older kids. Any details would be greatly appreciated

• 5 years later...

sorry to post in older topic but it would be good if someone has the contact details for the people in Adelaide and can share as I am in the same situation as well and need to use third row seats

Thanks

• 5 months later...